Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janitor Bob)
    yeah its sooooo much better than kings!

Oh and kitsune i saw you in the 2005 photo thread. how come you're not at imperial already?
    got B in Physics last year... got rejected

I'm staying in Madrid for a few years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marie05)
    hell yeaa! lol you tell em Janitor Bob!

and and Kitsune you gotta come to imperial to taste Janitor bob's fried rice! :p:
    Wtf, lol. That's so effing racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rofl)
    Wtf, lol. That's so effing racist.
    :eek: how?!

ReputationRep:
    i think it's cos the people here haven't read the thread over at medschoolguide so they think you are just making that remark purely based on my pic. and how can marie 5 be racist anyways, it would be so hypocritical of her to do so?

Basically, its cool, she wasn't being racist at all!

ReputationRep:
    how can marie 5 be racist anyways, it would be so hypocritical of her to do so?
    Why?

Its not only 'White' people who can be racist, and if thats what your trying to say, then your actually being racist yourself.

[I apologise that this is completely Off Topic but implications like this really piss me off]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiderBoy)
    Why?

Its not only 'White' people who can be racist, and if thats what your trying to say, then your actually being racist yourself.

[I apologise that this is completely Off Topic but implications like this really piss me off]
    Whoa, what's with all the hostility! Just chill. I meant Marie 5 could be a racist as much as a somebody could be a hypocrite. Re-reading what I wrote I can see where you're coming from but its honestly not what I meant at all. And admittedly there are substantially less "non-white" racists, you gotta face facts there. I know, I know you can argue whether those ppl who come into the UK and don't make an effort to intergrate are racist or not till kingdom come but please let's not go there.

I think what we should do is just relax and listen to Katie Melua's Spider's Web. It really makes you realise how pedantic bickering like this is.

PS: yes you can call me a hypocrite for bickering like this myself despite calling it pedantic and that links back to what i said before and that makes me a racist??? Ouch! isn't your head starting to hurt now? This is getting as complicated as a spider's web!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    Well, I'm already at Imperial, first year physicist. I'm reapping, so I'll be looking after you freshers next year if you end up in my halls.

wad does reapp mean?

ReputationRep:
    Whoa, what's with all the hostility! Just chill. I meant Marie 5 could be a racist as much as a somebody could be a hypocrite. Re-reading what I wrote I can see where you're coming from but its honestly not what I meant at all. And admittedly there are substantially less "non-white" racists, you gotta face facts there. I know, I know you can argue whether those ppl who come into the UK and don't make an effort to intergrate are racist or not till kingdom come but please let's not go there.

I think what we should do is just relax and listen to Katie Melua's Spider's Web. It really makes you realise how pedantic bickering like this is.

PS: yes you can call me a hypocrite for bickering like this myself despite calling it pedantic and that links back to what i said before and that makes me a racist??? Ouch! isn't your head starting to hurt now? This is getting as complicated as a spider's web!
    First piece of evidence why the general populous of medics are cocky sods!

ReputationRep:
    i don't really see how that makes me seem cocky as such... :confused: but if that's the general impression then I apologise. It's not my intention at all!

(Original post by rwmu)
    please don't generalise so much by saying this is the general attitude adopted by the medics. Even if i am a cocky sod i am certain there are many many medics who aren't.

Er... I think this thread has kinda drifted

ReputationRep:
    woaaaah guys whats going on here!?

Rofl, can you please explain why you thought that particular statement was racist? im just interested in how you think..

I have absolutely nothing against Janitor Bob and his race/culture, in fact he seems like such a cool dude and besides my best friend is chinese as well...so next time you think about making such accusations about people you dont know, i reckon you should do the world a favour and keep your mouth shut

Janitor bob and I go onto medschoolguide as well and thats where i read about Janitor Bob's fried rice! and that makes me racist now?! geez

Can we people please clear the air here? Back to posting pictures people!

ReputationRep:
    damn! you girls are just so good at putting your foot down and ending difficult situations like this! I really don't know what i could've done to dig myself out of that one! thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Whoa, what a weird thread O_o Okkk, moving swiftly on and ignoring all false accusations of racism, here's a pic of me, hope to see you all at Imperial in October! (I'm a medic too!)

(Yes it's incredibly cheesy, I know)

(Original post by rwmu)
    Dude, that is really generalising a bit don't you think? Besides, I don't get how what the Caretaker said would be considered cocky anyhow...he even said he was joking earlier!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    you have very white, very nice teeth! your dentist must be proud!

hey just realised my name got changed! yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Caretaker)
    damn! you girls are just so good at putting your foot down and ending difficult situations like this! I really don't know what i could've done to dig myself out of that one! thanks!
    lol anytime!

but careful, you might just get called sexist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmberToInferno)
    Dude, that is really generalising a bit don't you think? Besides, I don't get how what the Caretaker said would be considered cocky anyhow...he even said he was joking earlier!
    Dude don't get involved. Seriously! Especially as you're a medic too!

ReputationRep:
    okay, guys, lets clear the air a bit. its far too easy to misinterpret what people are saying when you can only see them typing...

Embertoinferno you have an excellent beard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zertrudetrout)
    its far too easy to misinterpret what people are saying when you can only see them typing...
    What?! you can see me typing?! How did you hack into my webcam???

See how easy it is to misinterpet things? Case in point.

ReputationRep:
    Lol nah I'm not getting involved, I'm just really confused as to where all these assumptions came from :P Btw thanks for the dentist comment, although I haven't been to see him for ages now!

zertrudetrout> haha thanks man, except I got rid of it ages ago when people started telling me I looked like a certain pop singer who I don't want anything to do with haha :P

ReputationRep:
    not sure which pop singer you're refering to but cat stevens had a similar kind of beard (it IS similar if you squint and use your imagination a bit) and he's awesome! wouldn't really call him pop though...

ReputationRep:
    lol i know who it is :p: i was well-pleased that i got it! lol and i wont be telling you people unless EmberToInferno doesnt mind!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 13, 2008
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.