Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I the only person, who Actively religious people give the creeps? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I like it how they all assume people in the street wandering around AREN'T religious and want to be saved by loons in the street. Because weekend shoppers are being quiet. In the street. Unlike the church loonies who have to show off they've found *insert imaginary friend here*.

I mean, I wouldn't buy a toaster from a door to door salesman and you guys are asking for my SOUL?

What REALLY gets my goat is that there must be some sort of course they run whereby they accost you on the street and somehow have this way of being so polite that you can't just say "Piss off" but you have to say "I'm terribly sorry - I have a plane to catch/I am jewish/pregnant/left handed - goodbye".

Once, in Australia, some JW knocked on some Uni students door. They invited them in and fed them hash cookies. Serves them right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segat1)
    I like it how they all assume people in the street wandering around AREN'T religious and want to be saved by loons in the street. Because weekend shoppers are being quiet. In the street. Unlike the church loonies who have to show off they've found *insert imaginary friend here*.

I mean, I wouldn't buy a toaster from a door to door salesman and you guys are asking for my SOUL?

What REALLY gets my goat is that there must be some sort of course they run whereby they accost you on the street and somehow have this way of being so polite that you can't just say "Piss off" but you have to say "I'm terribly sorry - I have a plane to catch/I am jewish/pregnant/left handed - goodbye".

Once, in Australia, some JW knocked on some Uni students door. They invited them in and fed them hash cookies. Serves them right.
    Genesis 1:29

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)
    That's more to do with herbs... shouldn't they be handing out weed?

ReputationRep:
    I just hate it when they shout that everyone who isnt christian will be going to hell.

Am all for people having their own beliefs. Dont like people rammin it down my throat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Scotto)

I walked through the town square today to see a big group of people, surrounding someone carrying a huge cross and another person one a electronic keyboard with another one on a guitar.

I found it really creepy and it totally unnerved me.

I really dont like it when the religious come out onto the streets, I can cope with it when its kept behind closed doors... but seriously, i find it really weird.
    That would freak me out too! How strange, what did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday there was a Harry Krishna monk in town trying to get people to donate. When I told him what I do for part time work he proceeded to tell me a story about his mate which was not funny and giggled at the end. I told him to stick it up his japs eye and walked off only to hear him shout out "you can meet your maker at any moment my friend!"

Chopper.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.