Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

wht the xgod 360 is a god watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    your not-so excellent exclusives like PDZ (which falls into the exact same category as SSX - rushed but promising)
    Hit the nail on the head there, bobby. There was just something fundamentally flawed about that game...

ReputationRep:
    come one now. you really cant compare the launch games of the 360 to the ps2. but yall need to go there, should i bring up that tony hawks game that got like a 10/10 on most websites and was there for the ps2 launch, or near it..?

anyways, when it comes down to it. the ps2 had a much more successful launch, is the best selling console of all time, so lets not go there fellas, leave the ps2 outta this.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't a launch game ^^

ReputationRep:
    Tony Hawk 3? I personally prefer 2 but it was multi format was it not? It was at least a year after launch actually, because I got it when it came out and I didn't get my PS2 until after GTA 3 was out.

GF, your facts are a little skewed, PS2 had an awful launch. There were not nearly enough to go around, about 60 000 for the UK, and that was over a year after the Japanese launch. The launch titles were dire except for a couple above-average titles mentioned above. The games sold terribly - Midnight Club Racing sold 17 copies at launch. SEVENTEEN!!! It was a disatrous launch, even compared to the 360. The point is, it went on to be a unanimous success. So, for anyone thinking the 360 will fail, or is against buying one ever, don't use the launch as justification, because it was a good if flawed endeavor by Microsoft and at least you aren't being forced to pay 300 quid for a console with no memory card, only 2 ports, and the upside being able to play alright-ish games that were probably out a year ago in Japan.

ReputationRep:
    There is no point purchasing a 360 yet, wait untill both the price comes down and decent games are released in large numbers.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe for the average gamer. But you could apply that to pretty much every console in history - there are hardcore gamers who know what they like, they are the enthusiastic early adopters who pave the way for everyone else a year or two down the line.

ReputationRep:
    the ps2 sold more world wide in its first week than the 360 has in a month. anyone remeber microsoft hoping to sell 3million in 3months? so much for meeting their target, they are floppin in japan, which is the market they were hping to capture this gen. i know its still early days but im jsut stating that the ps2's launch, horrible as it was, did sell more at launch.

ReputationRep:
    Do you live in Japan? Because I thought we were talking about the UK, you know, the country most of us live in. MS couldn't manufacture 3 million 360s so that figure must be from about May last year, they changed their target to reflect what they could manufacture, and they still got more consoles to the UK than Sony did so I find it impossible that more PS2s were sold in the UK in a week than 360s in a month.

ReputationRep:
    well, its not that impossible. anyway, im impressed with M$'s launch, they have really put an effort this time round, and becos of this, sony has to push harder, and im sure their launch will be on par or much better than this one. this is very possible

ReputationRep:
    Well cos of MS we know 2 things about the PS3 launch:

1) Sony won't be making us wait 10 months like with the PS2 and PSP (already confirmed)
    2) Sony won't rip us off with a higher price point than the rest of the world (just common sense against 360 and Rev!)

ReputationRep:
    yeah, and chances are sony will probably win this gen...once again.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, whether or not they deserve it...

ReputationRep:
    lol, well thats a matter of opinion, but M$ is really increasing the competition forcing sony to really put and effort, making both sony and M$ fans happy :-)Good competition=happy consumer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghetto_faboulus)
    lol, well thats a matter of opinion, but M$ is really increasing the competition forcing sony to really put and effort, making both sony and M$ fans happy :-)Good competition=happy consumer
    Exactly, people talk like one console is always superior and that everyone should buy that console. Not seeming to realise that if there was no market competition, the quality would go down and the prices up. XBOX gamers need Playstation gamers, and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Yet nobody says that about HD DVD and Blu Ray... I still wish there was one universal format. What if I had to buy one CD player to listen to The Beatles and another for The Kinks? One DVD player for Terminator and another for Die Hard?

ReputationRep:
    One DVD player for Terminator and another for Die Hard?
    IS THERE NO JUSTICE?!?!?!

What if you wanted to go on a Terminator and Die Hard viewing spree! It'd be impossible!!!

But seriously, isn't it going to be the case that most DVD players will play both, and it's only really going to be the consoles that are exclusive? Just what I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    I was more referring to the fact that nobody thinks twice about buying 3 different consoles to play different games, but we would be shocked if the same happened in say the music industry. Regarding HD DVD and Blu Ray, some companies are supporting both, soem just one... I think. I doubt Sony would release their movies on HD DVD unless something happened to change their mind (BR players costing twice as much or something and they give up on it), and I think there are some HD DVD only movies coming out. By the way, the first HD DVD player went on sale for $500 this week in the US. There are only like 4 films so far though! Million Dollar Baby is one, Last Samurai another... apparently they only cost from $20 though so that isn't bad at all considering brand new DVD prices

ReputationRep:
    Ah....gotcha.

ReputationRep:
    I was more referring to the fact that nobody thinks twice about buying 3 different consoles to play different games, but we would be shocked if the same happened in say the music industry. Regarding HD DVD and Blu Ray, some companies are supporting both, soem just one... I think. I doubt Sony would release their movies on HD DVD unless something happened to change their mind (BR players costing twice as much or something and they give up on it), and I think there are some HD DVD only movies coming out. By the way, the first HD DVD player went on sale for $500 this week in the US. There are only like 4 films so far though! Million Dollar Baby is one, Last Samurai another... apparently they only cost from $20 though so that isn't bad at all considering brand new DVD prices
    thats kidna crap considering hd-dvd were suposed to have at least a 1 year lead ahead of blu-ray....AND at couple more movies. They are pretty much doomed.

ReputationRep:
    lol when was that ever the case?? The advantage is price. The first Blu Ray player will cost double and won't support 1080p, and the films cost a bit more too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.