Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got another question for everyone going City University:

How long will it take you to get to City Door to door? (I.e. leaving your house/accommodation till City Entrance)....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Element54)
    I got another question for everyone going City University:

How long will it take you to get to City Door to door? (I.e. leaving your house/accommodation till City Entrance)....
    going, on average an hr on the dot... takes me 40 mins coming back...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kishan11)
    going, on average an hr on the dot... takes me 40 mins coming back...

esshhh that long :eek:

Where do you live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longlivefootie)
    esshhh that long :eek:

Where do you live?
    suburb in north west london

ReputationRep:
    For me about 50mins - 1hr depending on bus traffic, also takes a 4min walk from Angel to City.

ReputationRep:
    And I thought it was gonna be like a 10 minute walk or a 20 minute bus ride.....

ReputationRep:
    And I thought it was gonna be like a 10 minute walk or a 20 minute bus ride.....
    you got to bear in mind tht i live at home

ReputationRep:
    ^ oh ok! So you just commute to uni because you don't live on campus?

ReputationRep:
    You think 40 minutes is long, on average, I take about an hour and a half to get there.

ReputationRep:
    ^ oh ok! So you just commute to uni because you don't live on campus?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    From the Walter Sickert Halls it's about a 30min walk iirc, there is a bus however.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xavier2k3)
    From the Walter Sickert Halls it's about a 30min walk iirc, there is a bus however.

regards
    --marty
    did you say walter sickert to northampton square is a 30 min walk? if so, thts just a load of *******s... its less than 10 mins... unless they have moved walter sickerts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasuntsi Davit)
    You think 40 minutes is long, on average, I take about an hour and a half to get there.
    I feel for u bro...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kishan11)
    did you say walter sickert to northampton square is a 30 min walk? if so, thts just a load of *******s... its less than 10 mins... unless they have moved walter sickerts...
    yeah,thanks kishan, I was told it's 10 mins max.

ReputationRep:

regards
    --marty
    30min walk??? its about 10 min walk tops!!

ReputationRep:
    Then i must be a real slow walker then. I'd say 20mins max is a more accurate figure.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    Then i must be a real slow walker then. I'd say 20mins max is a more accurate figure.

regards
    --marty
    from about 30 mins to 20 mins max... you have made an improvement in your walking speed... i think either you using a longer way or havent really walked it...

ReputationRep:
    is economics any good at city? Also is it taught at the new social sciences building?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to cut your question v2006, but can anyone recommend me some books to read before I start my Maths course at city? I.e. is there any pre-course reading material for maths?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v2006)
    is economics any good at city? Also is it taught at the new social sciences building?
    Yes, in the new social sciences building. Surely you should already know that if you are thinking of applying there!?

Speaking of buildings, the Northampton Square site looks like one of those 1960s council estates. certainly in stark contrast to the social sciences building and Cass.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.