The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

PGCE at Greenwich University 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by K29
What date is ur interview in April? Mine is at the end of April too. I just wonder how many places they have left as its such a long wait I'm worried people will fill the gaps before I've even had an interview.
also does anyone know how long the qts exam passes are active for. I want to take them before my interview but worried that if I don't get into Uni this year ill have to resit them again next year. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

The interview is 25th April...i think! Yea im also worried that there wont be many spaces left, feels like it will be our last chance to get into a pgce course starting this September.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 41
Original post by lizblitz
the full time hours are supposed to be like a full time job (9-6?) and during the placements, including travel, that could easily rise to 7.30 - 6.30, with more work after you get home (this is what I understood anyway!)

Thanks yeah I thought that - right time to stock up on coffee and vitamins and say goodbye to sleep lol - :smile:
Reply 42
Hi
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some more info on Greenwich university. I have an interview for the pgce primary course at the end of May(I know it seems to be very late), i was just wondering is there many Irish students applying for the 13-14 intake and is the university very far from central London? If I'm successful at the interview i hope to move over from Ireland which is a big change so any info would be greatly appreciated?
Reply 43
Original post by raheebhagani
Hey all I have now created a Facebook group for people starting the primary PGCE at Greenwich in sept 2013. Please join if you have received an offer too. It's a nice way of getting to know people before we start. Type in Greenwich primary PGCE 2013-2014 it should come up :smile: xxx

I couldn't find the Facebook group - but looking forward to seeing you all in September :smile:!
If anyone finds a Facebook group, let me know as it would be great to chat with you all before September :-) Hope you're all managing to find placements ok - it took me a fairly long time and I think I ended up emailing about 30 schools before I got a positive reply!!
Original post by sarah_cheney
If anyone finds a Facebook group, let me know as it would be great to chat with you all before September :-) Hope you're all managing to find placements ok - it took me a fairly long time and I think I ended up emailing about 30 schools before I got a positive reply!!

I have created a group for student starting in sept, I dont understand why no one can see it. No one has joined so i think people cant see it.

The title is: Greenwich Uni: PGCE Primary 2013-2014

The link should be: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361124910672547

x
Reply 46
Hello guys,

I have applied to the Primary PGCE too, although I have applied rather late, seeing this has got me worried!

Basically I was on an ITE course whilst at uni but I fell really ill (lots of hospital time) and had to swap to just a plain education degree without QTS, I only managed to do my first year of placements. I called the uni today to ask about interview dates and the person said it will be whenever enough people have applied to have an interview date that would be full, which could be the end of August apparently, not leaving much time to sort out a place to live/finance! I get the feeling the course could already be pretty full.

I have gone through uni tests before for an ITE so I am not so worried but I am going to SWOT up on my English/Maths anyway and get my skills tests done in the hope it will help me at interview!

Worried!!
Reply 47
Hi! I'm starting a PGCE is Secondary Music in September, so just thought i'd say Hello :smile: Is anyone planning on going in to halls? I really don't know where to live!
Reply 48
I have mine this coming Wednesday and just wondering if you received and other information apart from the email Greenwich sent you to give you your interview date?
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows about the pgce secondary biology interview. I'm really worried about the interview process. Any information will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending