I will probably die a virgin... Watch

Anonymous #3
Report 6 years ago
This is just a case of putting yourself out there more. The more you put yourself in situations where you are forced to talk to new people, the better you get at handling them.

I used to suffer with social anxiety to the point where I could go days without speaking to anyone, and I managed it. I'm barely shy at all anymore.
ranbow99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How the hell did you manage to remember all these encounters?! :lolwut:
Chr0n
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MostUncivilised)
Umm, okay the fact that you see that as a "chance" is a bit creepy in and of itself. Guys tend to meet girls with whom they get along through friends, through social situations, parties, at uni.
I don't quite see how talking to a girl in that situation would be creepy. Surly it's a lot more creepy if you are waiting for a lecture to commerce and everyone is fidgeting with their phones because they are to afraid to say 'hey, are you also waiting for lecture xyz?'

Also by your logic how would he ever meet girls at a party if talking to them is creepy? Should he wait till they jump onto him?

Regarding sex, that is not the whole point. The whole point is just getting out of your shell and meeting new people. If that leads to sex, a relationship or even 'just' friendship great, otherwise great too.

Think of all the guys you have dated, someone at some point has said Hi, right? I mean surly you just didn't end up in a relationship with them because they have been staring at you for 2 months?
Mrx123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you did all of those statistics?
WaceMindu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by GremlinFace)
Sheldon, is that you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha that made me laugh so much, though if this were Sheldon the post would have a remarkably more upbeat tone to it at the prospect of never having to have sex.
Plus those statistics would have standard deviations and all.
Andylol
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yep.
guppygould
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't sweat it bro, sex is overrated!
BingTaoBing
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have a drink. Like Bacardi. A lot of Bacardi. You'll be chatting away, saying some funny stuff, banging some chicks and feeling rough...hey..that rhymes...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by BingTaoBing)
Have a drink. Like Bacardi. A lot of Bacardi. You'll be chatting away, saying some funny stuff, banging some chicks and feeling rough...hey..that rhymes...
I tried this a few times in the past..., ended getting slapped and beaten up more than getting laid unfortunately.
Chr0n
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BingTaoBing)
While alcohol might work for some, unfortunately, it does not work for everyone. For me alcohol always seemed to worsen my inhibitions rather than lowering them.
The_Blade
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You need the yolo mindset when you get another chance to see girls
tammie123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by GremlinFace)
Sheldon, is that you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't you mean Raj?
GremlinFace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tammie123)
Don't you mean Raj?
That would probably make more sense, although I just kept on hearing Sheldon reading out those statistics...
Anonymous #5
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by miser)
Either work on it, or resign yourself to it. Pick one or the other. I'm speaking as a person who struggles at the best of times to talk to anyone unless I commit myself to it. Commit yourself to it and you will see results; you just need bravery. Living life on hard mode sucks, but nevertheless there is a sweeter sense of victory to be had from it. Win or lose, act or cower. Live or waste.
This OP.
MostUncivilised
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Chr0n)
I don't quite see how talking to a girl in that situation would be creepy. Surly it's a lot more creepy if you are waiting for a lecture to commerce and everyone is fidgeting with their phones because they are to afraid to say 'hey, are you also waiting for lecture xyz?'

Also by your logic how would he ever meet girls at a party if talking to them is creepy? Should he wait till they jump onto him?
What seems strange is that you don't get how creepy it is to say, "I'm a virgin... oh, there's someone with a vagina and they're by themselves". Almost like marking out an injured gazelle.

Think of all the guys you have dated, someone at some point has said Hi, right? I mean surly you just didn't end up in a relationship with them because they have been staring at you for 2 months?
That is completely different. These girls have expressed no interest in this man. Their only qualifying feature in his eyes is that they have a vagina and their friends aren't around.
MostUncivilised
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by guppygould)
I wouldn't sweat it bro, sex is overrated!
!!?

You need a better woman/man, bro.
GAB
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You should just talk to everyone and anyone, then it wont really be a big deal when you talk to a girl. Plus dont worry about relationships, dying alone and all that...just live life and take all your oppurtunities. You dont know where you'll be in 5 years, let alone 60.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S6500
guppygould
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MostUncivilised)
!!?

You need a better woman/man, bro.
This is just based on the few women who were goodly enough to sleep with me
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You should put your virginity on ebay and the bids will flood in. Problem solved, a win win situation.
DuncanMono
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
life ****s us all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads