Jacks624
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've been doing programming for several years now on a MacBook Pro and I would suggest it over any laptop. I am taking mine on my computer science course next year due to apples excellent built quality, however I do have windows and Linux installed on it for work. While other brands might be cheaper they won't last as long and you often don't need all the processing power they offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
mfaxford
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jacks624)
While other brands might be cheaper they won't last as long and you often don't need all the processing power they offer.
How do you work that out? If you buy a MacBook you're limited to a small number of choices of Ram, CPU and Graphics, if you buy something else there's a lot more choice out there. With the standard being lower powered than a MacBook but plenty of options for a better spec.

In terms how long something might last my personal experience puts the MacBook I owned at the bottom of the pile - Had to get the screen replaced after a gentle knock and the harddrive after about 3 years. In reality everyone's experience is likely to be different so stating your own experience as fact isn't that useful.
Jacks624
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mfaxford)
How do you work that out? If you buy a MacBook you're limited to a small number of choices of Ram, CPU and Graphics, if you buy something else there's a lot more choice out there. With the standard being lower powered than a MacBook but plenty of options for a better spec.
Well most people don't need 100's of choices for computer components and often even a Netbook would suit the large majority of people's needs. If people are doing a course that would require just word processing and web surfing I highly doubt that they would care that much about the processing specifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (55)
67.9%
No I haven't decided yet (17)
20.99%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.11%

Watched Threads