Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
The nice ones I've met:

Sean Bean - Offered me a sandwhich
Chris Martin - Was always really polite
Helena Bonham Carter - Was polite and surprisingly smiley
Gordon Ramsay - You can't believe how shocking it was for this man to be so polite

The not so nice ones:

Melanie Sykes - One of the most disgraceful people I've ever met.
Jeremy Clarkson - Not really a shock to behonest
Charlotte Church - I didn't even know who she was, but she clicked her fingers at me
Noel Fielding - I was standing in the queue behind him, talking on the phone and his friend turned to me and said "He's no going to do an autograph! Stop pestering him!" To which I replied "Who are you?" :rolleyes:

Notice that the rude celebrities are always the ones that hover the dangerous line between being famous and being forgotten, apart from Jeremy Clarkson who puts it on a little bit. Methinks they're just insecure.

Source: I worked in a restaurant that was a bit of a celebrity haunt.
Helena Bonham Carter?
You met Helena Bonham Carter?!!

:woo: :woo: :woo:
Rosa Arabelle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To the OP:
I served Alexandra Burke once; she was without a doubt the most self-conceited person I've ever had the misfortune of serving. When I asked if she wanted a bag with her stuff, she rolled her eyes, coughed out the fakest laugh ever and said, "Well, how else am I going to carry these?"
She didn't even carry them, just handed them to the guy standing next to her, and walked out.
HerbertDaPervert
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've met a few as my dad is an actor but none of them seemed rude. At an audition i met the Weasley twins
Sphinx_5494
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I met the creators of the mixed chicks product line. Very rude, I don't think they like black people.
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rosa Arabelle)
Helena Bonham Carter?
You met Helena Bonham Carter?!!

:woo: :woo: :woo:

Tim Burton too, but I didn't speak to him or anything
Sphinx_5494
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SoNottingH)
Lol. Someone needs a lesson in "the basic manners required of famous people".

Has anyone ever met a famous model? They are supposedly notoriously conceited and obnoxious, although some to be nice enough as far as you can tell from TV, etc.
I met one of the winners of Britains next top model. I'll see if I can find a picture: http://dynimg.rte.ie/00026d8d10dr.jpg

Met her in Natwest. She was really nice, but I thought it odd she was smoking outside and she worked as a model.

Also met most of the cast of lord of the rings - really nice.

Star trek actors - really nice (I go to conventions).
One big brother contestant and I think that's it for me.
rattusratus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sphinx_5494)
I met one of the winners of Britains next top model. I'll see if I can find a picture: http://dynimg.rte.ie/00026d8d10dr.jpg

Met her in Natwest. She was really nice, but I thought it odd she was smoking outside and she worked as a model.

Also met most of the cast of lord of the rings - really nice.

Star trek actors - really nice (I go to conventions).
One big brother contestant and I think that's it for me.
most famous model smoke, it a stress relief and a hunger suppressant (makes you less like to snack)
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think famous people should be rude or horrid to the public. They chose to become famous and be in the public eye, therefore they have a duty to be nice to people (Unless of course there is a reason, like someone has just thrown something at them etc).

Even if they are having a bad day, there is no harm in signing and autograph or having a short chat with someone before saying 'sorry I have to go'.

I've not met any famous people though. I saw George Sampson at Butlins once and he was signing autographs, just taking the papers in front of him and signing them with his head down- not chatting, not smiling or anything.
SoNottingH
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Runninground)
I don't think famous people should be rude or horrid to the public. They chose to become famous and be in the public eye, therefore they have a duty to be nice to people (Unless of course there is a reason, like someone has just thrown something at them etc).
I think a lot do try to behave well, but presumably the really famous get a load of attention and hassle as soon as they set foot outside the door, so I can understand them getting exasperated sometimes. Assaulting photographers and stuff like that comes to mind. When papps get attacked.
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't have much to say, I don't know who half these people actually are, so if I've met them (unlikely) I wouldn't notice
Jackso
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ethan Hawke called over a waiter in a busy restaurant to make a sarcastic complaint. If that counts.
thelaughingpelic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
this doesn't really count as i hadn't met them but i've always thought this was amazing!!! my history teacher's daughters godparents were Helena bonham carter and johnny depp!
Debdener
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Paul Daniels.
Wish he would just do a magic trick and vanish for good.
Tackla
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haven't even met anyone famous
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Terry wogan and Brian Blessed were lovely. 'Posh spice" is seriously stuck up her own arse.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ive never met any rude/horrible famous people myself but my dad has. He is a lorry driver and saw cliff richard in a motorway services somewhere one night. Cliff richard was so up his own arse, and wouldnt talk to anyone. According to the person on the till who served my dad, cliff richard has been in that services a few times and he is always like that apparently.
Birchington
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Antony Cotton AKA Sean on Corrie is a horrible bloke.
Sarah1313
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Gary Glitter lived next to my friend for a while
Goody2Shoes-x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My dad met Ewan McGregor when he was doing his motorbike thing - they had a bacon sandwich together, apparentley he was lovely.

And my dad didn't even get an autograph for me!:cry:
Fusion
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Jimmy Saville. After he showed me how to milk a cow blindfolded he still wouldn't give me his autograph
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (17)
7.14%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.5%
I don't think they'd understand (40)
16.81%
It might lead to more bullying (84)
35.29%
There's nothing they could do (72)
30.25%

Watched Threads