concubine
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was referring to people in general. Because, whoever you are, the world does not revolve around you.
yasminxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by concubine)
I was referring to people in general. Because, whoever you are, the world does not revolve around you.
Damn it, wish it could.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dendodge)
Nope. My college is running all the exams and telling us to turn up, even if it means leaving home at 4am and walking through three feet of snow.

They did move an exam this afternoon form 1:30 to 1:00, though, so people can get home before the heavy snowfall that's been predicted for tonight hits.
I sure as hell hope that everyone got the message on time then. Would seem completely unjustified if someone came say at 1.20 expecting it to start at 1.30. Unless the invigilators then allowed them that extra time on at the end.
dendodge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
I sure as hell hope that everyone got the message on time then. Would seem completely unjustified if someone came say at 1.20 expecting it to start at 1.30. Unless the invigilators then allowed them that extra time on at the end.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Everyone got an email (but nobody reads them), and they put signs up around college and sent someone round all the classrooms to tell us. But there are a lot of people who wouldn't have been in this morning, and would turn up at 1:30 expecting to be on time.
Presumably, they either phoned/texted everyone, or let people come in late. I'd already gone home by that point, so I don't know what happened.
RB6144
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My Uni closed at 12 midday due to snow; all exams rescheduled.

I know most of the primary, secondary schools and colleges in the country decided not to open before 9am, and the few that did were closed by 12 o' clock. Everyone was texted and emailed.
dan94adibi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Did anyone had to miss the S2 exam due to the poor weather conditions.
yasminxx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by dan94adibi)
Did anyone had to miss the S2 exam due to the poor weather conditions.
Yes!!
saberahmed786
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
got a phone call to tell all exam students to come in school early because our exam was to be sat half an hour early because of the snow...some people didn't make it because they were stuck on the other side of the city :/

we were told even if the exam was cancelled, it would be sat in June -_-
dan94adibi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by yasminxx)
Yes!!
OMG. That is terrible.
So sorry to hear that.
Gold Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Wild Youth)
:u: 2K13 4EVAAAAAAA

Thanks for your confidence in my English Lit abilities, however I probably prodded the exam rather than smashed it
Hmn...Still the best feeling is after you've finished all your exams. FREEDOM! Lol!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27%
Not great so far... (283)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.26%

Watched Threads