I arranged a date with someone from a sugardaddie website Watch

Jingers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He might be a genuine guy, on his profile he says he wants to know someone on a friendship basis first.
Who's going to trust a profile that says 'I just want to **** the **** out of you'?
xelarose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To anybody saying "ergh that's desperate/gross/weird" get over yourself. If they're men, you should know women better. Women love a mature men, it doesn't surprise me at all that these sort of websites get a lot of views.

OP, are you sure the website is genuine? I'd say if it's your thing give it a try, but just make sure it's all safe and legit. TELL A FRIEND WHERE YOU'RE GOING, don't change location at all and cut the date short if you think he's being odd at all.

Forget what people think, we all have different tastes so whatever floats your boat. But don't do it if it's not what you want. Maybe if you want to still keep in contact with this mind you could tell him you're not ready to meet yet and chat more? It'll be a test of his character to take that rejection, anyways.
Eco*14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I noticed that sugardaddy dating is becoming popular these days so I joined one of them. I arranged a date with a 45 y/o guy from there but now I'm getting cold feet.

He seems to be a decent bloke and doesn't come across as sleazy, compared to some of the men on the site, he seems more normal.

I don't think this sugardaddy dating is for me at all, so I don't know whether to go on the date, knowing that I have no intentions of being a sugarbaby?
Hey
Which website are you using?

Thanks
Eco*14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I noticed that sugardaddy dating is becoming popular these days so I joined one of them. I arranged a date with a 45 y/o guy from there but now I'm getting cold feet.

He seems to be a decent bloke and doesn't come across as sleazy, compared to some of the men on the site, he seems more normal.

I don't think this sugardaddy dating is for me at all, so I don't know whether to go on the date, knowing that I have no intentions of being a sugarbaby?
Hey
Which website are you using?

Thanks
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He might be a genuine guy, on his profile he says he wants to know someone on a friendship basis first.
well its hardly going to work if it says - i give you money and gifts - you give me a blowjob -now is it?
Tyler Varona
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Your daddy must be so proud OP. :rolleyes:

No seriously, if your dad knew about this he'd probably give you a good whooping. I hope I never have a daughter like you.
Tyler Varona
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Dirty gold digging whore
Tyler Varona
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not the money that I'm after, it's more the alpha male driven type of character that turns me on.

Soppy guys are so off putting.
There are plenty of "lads" about if that's what you're after, so stop lying. You know you're just in it for the money.
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by xelarose)
To anybody saying "ergh that's desperate/gross/weird" get over yourself. If they're men, you should know women better. Women love a mature men, it doesn't surprise me at all that these sort of websites get a lot of views.
Their mistake. I'm an older man with a reasonable income - but I'm a complete idiot.
Suzanne123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No I haven't, you think I should tell him before the date?
Well, it's really up to you. Otherwise maybe meet him if you feel safe enough and tell him then. Either way, it's best to be honest. But tbh if you feel even the slightest bit odd about it all, don't meet him. If you do, make sure you tell someone the details of the day.
rjm101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I find this whole concept just crazy. Going out with someone thats old enough to be your dad!

All he will care about is your youthful looks and all you probably care about is his money. In some nasty twisted way both of you are actually suited for each other.
SoNottingH
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
50 shades of grey was my trigger lol
I have to say, just from observing your writing style, you don't sound 28. I suspect this is a troll, albeit a fun one.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by SoNottingH)
I have to say, just from observing your writing style, you don't sound 28. I suspect this is a troll, albeit a fun one.
What is it about my writing style that makes me not 28?

This is a relationships forum not an essay writing thread.

I was born in 1984.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rjm101)
I find this whole concept just crazy. Going out with someone thats old enough to be your dad!

All he will care about is your youthful looks and all you probably care about is his money. In some nasty twisted way both of you are actually suited for each other.
He can't be old enough to be my dad if I'm 28 and he's 45.

Well I guess he is old enough to be my dad in the biological sense, but the concept of teenagers having children is something I can't relate to.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Suzanne123)
Well, it's really up to you. Otherwise maybe meet him if you feel safe enough and tell him then. Either way, it's best to be honest. But tbh if you feel even the slightest bit odd about it all, don't meet him. If you do, make sure you tell someone the details of the day.
Okay thanks.

Part of me really wants to meet him because he seems so normal in comparison to the sleazy men on the site, but another part of me wonders if he really is into the whole sugardaddy dating scene. So far he's given me the impression that he's not.
rjm101
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He can't be old enough to be my dad if I'm 28 and he's 45.

Well I guess he is old enough to be my dad in the biological sense, but the concept of teenagers having children is something I can't relate to.
28 is not so bad, I assumed you were in your early 20's or even 18. I am somewhat confused why your on a student forum though. As a graduate that recently finished uni I've been starting to feel like this forum is no longer targetted for me. After all I'm no longer a student. Are you a mature student or something?
WildBerrySpirit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes we are meeting in a public place.

Should I tell him that I realised that I don't want this sugar dating thing and that I'm interested in a genuine relationship?
Okay that's good.

I think you should tell him, although you may want to hold off to begin with and just get to know him more, in case you do want a potential relationship with him.
SoNottingH
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What is it about my writing style that makes me not 28?

This is a relationships forum not an essay writing thread.

I was born in 1984.
It was just a suspicion! That's all in order then. You pass.

I don't know if girls who use these sites really have the right idea. I think their fantasy is to meet some gorgeous hot older guy who will dote on them, but the guy just wants some pretty girl to be on his arm and look ornamental in his bed for a bit and then move on, surely. I mean, how can a "relationship" based on something that's so cynical from the get-go ever be anything but a lie on both sides?

Then again, if it's not the fantasy angle but the girl approaches it totally with the money in mind, what is really the difference between that and a long-assignment upmarket call girl?
Suzanne123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Okay thanks.

Part of me really wants to meet him because he seems so normal in comparison to the sleazy men on the site, but another part of me wonders if he really is into the whole sugardaddy dating scene. So far he's given me the impression that he's not.
It's good that you feel okay talking to him and everything, but I guess it could be quite hard to judge someones real intentions over the internet. If you really want to know what he is like, you would have to meet him I guess. But I would suggest you don't do this unless you feel 100% safe.

What website is it you found this guy on?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SoNottingH)
It was just a suspicion! That's all in order then. You pass.

I don't know if girls who use these sites really have the right idea. I think their fantasy is to meet some gorgeous hot older guy who will dote on them, but the guy just wants some pretty girl to be on his arm and look ornamental in his bed for a bit and then move on, surely. I mean, how can a "relationship" based on something that's so cynical from the get-go ever be anything but a lie on both sides?

Then again, if it's not the fantasy angle but the girl approaches it totally with the money in mind, what is really the difference between that and a long-assignment upmarket call girl?
I live in a fantasy world of pink and blue mountains, Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey worked out fine .

Okay, on a serious note, I am looking for a long term partner and have always been attracted to older men. I joined the site out of curiosity and to be honest, I find the men on there creepy and pervy. The only seemingly normal guy is this one I've arranged a date with. I only paid for a 1 month subscription and will not be renewing.

I have read testimonials from people who found love through the site, so it's not impossible to get a normal relationship out of it.

Oh I also have a friend who started dating a partner from her law firm when we graduated, he was 44 and she was 22. He's now 50 and she's 28. They are deeply in love.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads