The Wild Youth
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Guills on wheels)
Your vocabulary is beautiful.

Happy Potter taught me everything I know

(no, seriously, you think i'm joking but I'm not)
Guills on wheels
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Wild Youth)
I'd love it if people my age were willing to have a conversation!

Alas, it only seems to happen when I'm drunk... And never mind never know what may happen, how about never know what might have happened if you had spoken to them! Interesting isn't it; you get to meet any number of brilliant people but you'll never know the number of equally brilliant people you missed out on
I think about that. Or that, there's so many wonderful people just in my area of Islington, the whole world must be full of awesome people! Makes you want to love humanity, doesn't it?

I don't know how old you are but I generally try to avoid being drunk

(Original post by Em8980)
Where I live, everyone says hi to each other as they walk by or if you sit at a bus stop with them, so I don't think it's weird? I'd just say hi back and carry on with my day, it's hardly an earth shattering event.
You're right
vox001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a habit of replying to friendly strangers in some sort of sherlock holmes- 1940's aristocrat form for some reason :/
Not uncommon to extend a "Salutations my good fellow!" if I'm nervous -_-

I seem to also unfortunately recall one instance where a guy complimented my dress, and I replied "and what a splendid weave your jacket has!"
Forever alone.
Guills on wheels
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by vox001)
I have a habit of replying to friendly strangers in some sort of sherlock holmes- 1940's aristocrat form for some reason :/
Not uncommon to extend a "Salutations my good fellow!" if I'm nervous -_-

I seem to also unfortunately recall one instance where a guy complimented my dress, and I replied "and what a splendid weave your jacket has!"
Forever alone.
You, ma'am, are amazing. Anyone who replies with that deserves a medal for bravery in society. Don't worry about your slightly different vocabulary
vox001
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Guills on wheels)
You, ma'am, are amazing. Anyone who replies with that deserves a medal for bravery in society. Don't worry about your slightly different vocabulary
Why thank you kind sir! But to infer bravery would imply a conscious application of thought in order to overcome the conventional societal doctrine regarding everyday greetings, when in fact it is but an irrevocably inavoidable part of my disposition. Therefore, not brave, but simply inevitable!
Mesopotamian
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
More people need to say hi to strangers. There is nothing better than random conversations with complete strangers on different modes of transport- trains in particular. The London tube is bare awkward when you're on your own (ie without your friends) because everybody just seems to HATE being next to you.... The number of times I've sat down on public transport and all seats will be filled except for the ones on either side of me..... :teehee:
Spoiler:
Show
Or maybe I just smell bad.
Tizmo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian)
More people need to say hi to strangers. There is nothing better than random conversations with complete strangers on different modes of transport- trains in particular. The London tube is bare awkward when you're on your own (ie without your friends) because everybody just seems to HATE being next to you.... The number of times I've sat down on public transport and all seats will be filled except for the ones on either side of me..... :teehee:
Spoiler:
Show
Or maybe I just smell bad.
I agree. I mean, it doesn't even take one second to say hi/evening etc if you are passing by. Surely that one second cannot be too much to offer a simple gesture of friendliness!
Id and Ego seek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
'yo sup?'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.83%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.44%
Not great so far... (229)
35.5%
I want to drop out! (124)
19.22%

Watched Threads