world class technically gifted black footballer Watch

Golden_Boy786
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Drogba?

Single handily won Chelsea the champions league. With his notoriously infamous theatrics during the semi-final against Barca.

Remember?
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, alot of the old Brazilians. Also Kanu, Henry
WaqasK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I meant technical as in good passing , good control , awareness etc. As most of the players just have a more physical side , with pace and strength esp in acon, which is why is isn't very good to watch . One good technical player atm would be essien , I have my doubts to yaya toure technically
Jamiesonn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by WaqasK)
I meant technical as in good passing , good control , awareness etc. As most of the players just have a more physical side , with pace and strength esp in acon, which is why is isn't very good to watch . One good technical player atm would be essien , I have my doubts to yaya toure technically
Toure is better than essien technically

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by WaqasK)
Toure is better than Essien at passing, shooting and dribbling. One thing that makes Toure a cut above the rest of the players like him is that he combines his physicality with exceptional technique.
KD35
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Balotelli
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm guessing the OP means sub-saharan Afrian player and probably from an argument that players from the region aren't technically gifted at all and are only superior at the physical part of the game. But this is really nothing other than sterotypical myopia of the black guy been hench and raw. There are inumerate amount of technical gifted players from the region both past and present- watch the ongoning Nations cup to see examples of this on show.

Heck JJ Okocha taught Ronaldinho all he knew
WaqasK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
Toure is better than Essien at passing, shooting and dribbling. One thing that makes Toure a cut above the rest of the players like him is that he combines his physicality with exceptional technique.
I do agree with this statement , passing wise I doubt tho , however comes down to opinions
WaqasK
Rep:
?
(Original post by 419)
I'm guessing the OP means sub-saharan Afrian player and probably from an argument that players from the region aren't technically gifted at al and are only superior a the physical part of the game. But this is really nothing other than sterotypical myopia of the black guy been hench and raw. There are inumerate amount of technical gifted players from the region both past and present- watch the ongoning Nations cup to see examples of this on show.

Heck JJ Okocah taught Ronaldinho all he knew
Nope I meant anywhere in the world , I agree with the slight stereotype , however it all comes from what I see on the football pitch . They might be able to pass a ball decently , however on a world class level , I struggle to name players who are technically superior . Also from what I see only regarding bpl league , most black players , tend to play in positions which tend to need mainly speed and power as a core base , such as wingers , full backs , strikers
Jordan_1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Edgar Davids
TRS-T
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by goldenforever)
If you want some African Black people,
Samuel Eto'o
Emmanuel Adebayor
Thierry Henry
Henry is not African. He's European.
bad8oy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ronaldinho

Posted from TSR Mobile
TRS-T
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Here's a better question.

Why are there no black Number 10's?

It's like in American football.

Why are there no black Quarterbacks?
TRS-T
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jb_)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain,

Dembele and Lucas Moura.

Mixed race not black.
TRS-T
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hooj)
Chris Kamara
Mixed race not black.
TRS-T
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
So many 'black' players stated who are not black but mixed race :beard:
I know man.
goldenforever
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TRS-T)
Henry is not African. He's European.
Dang, I knew he was French but I thought he was of African descent. I think also Daniel Sturridge and Danny Welbeck are two technically superb players who will become international class if not world class.
Thugnificent.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Do you actually still find that funny :sigh:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
these Heskey jokes need to be exterminated for eternity.

I blame KSI.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Plenty..

Drogba, Ronaldo (Brazilian) and Ronaldinio.
marcus2001
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)
John Terry
Made me chuckle +1

EDIT: Run out of rep..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (114)
17.73%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.53%
Not great so far... (229)
35.61%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.13%

Watched Threads