The Student Room Group

What are your opinions on im so academic?

Scroll to see replies

I'd be intrigued to see what you're like in real life, because I think you get a lot of your confidence to say what you want to say because you are sat behind the safety of a computer screen. I would encourage you to test out some of your opinions in your day to day life, rather than on TSR, because that is the only way you can really mature socially and learn to respond to healthy debate.

While a lot of your posts are there only to incite a reaction from other members, you do sometimes come out with a gem of a point which shows that you do have some real valuable opinions hidden among the rest of the - if you'll excuse my harshness - rubbish you come out with sometimes!
Reply 41
Original post by im so academic
Yes, I think that describes me accurately. Although lots of people hate me for various reasons.

A lot of people hate you because you hate yourself, but whenever they try to reassure you that you're not the world's biggest regret you shoot them down.
Imagine trying to convince the Westboro baptist church that gays are just normal people like you and me - that is what talking to you is like.
Original post by Rybee
Because you're a little controversial and you say it how you see it?

I don't think that's such a bad trait to have. As long as you're not vindictive about it. But I don't think you are... usually you are defending YOUR point of view, not attacking OTHERS'. I think there's a big difference in that.

The reason why I don't really attack others, because that would imply that my own personal opinions are in contrast to theirs. Not necessarily.

Why? How am I meant to state my opinions?
Reply 43
I like your posts, they can be interesting/funny. :tongue:
Reply 44
I think you're young and in time you'll find confidence in yourself. :smile:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Out of interest, how low is your numerical neg score? It would be interesting to know, you must presumably be the TSR record holder. That alone is quite a claim to fame.

-5249 as of now.
Original post by KAB1010101
I think you are quite interesting, your posts amuse me....

But i am often left wondering how academic you actually are :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guess.
Original post by Humbert Humbert
Eh, she's a bit 2010. It's like yeah, now there are iphone 5's and stuff, times change. Be interesting to see her face. I imagine her to look like that snorlax girl from Youtube.

I'm ugly, but I'm not that ugly.
Reply 48
I feel sorry for you. I think there is a group bullying mentality towards you on TSR which gives it a perceived acceptability.
There is a mentality that because she "brings it upon herself" and could be a troll we can all be as acerbic as we like towards her because the majority of the group is doing the same. I have observed the same towards a lot of socially naive, frequent online posters. It always makes me feel uncomfortable.
I would like to think you just view TSR as a source of entertainment.
Original post by sammy-lou
I'd be intrigued to see what you're like in real life, because I think you get a lot of your confidence to say what you want to say because you are sat behind the safety of a computer screen. I would encourage you to test out some of your opinions in your day to day life, rather than on TSR, because that is the only way you can really mature socially and learn to respond to healthy debate.

I do, but a lot of the time people are "offended" or whatever. It depends on the people you mix with. I know I would respond better if I were with people who actually share the same opinions as me.

While a lot of your posts are there only to incite a reaction from other members, you do sometimes come out with a gem of a point which shows that you do have some real valuable opinions hidden among the rest of the - if you'll excuse my harshness - rubbish you come out with sometimes!

Examples? I'm curious.
Reply 50
-5249 as of now.

Oh snap. My 847 pales in comparison...
Reply 51
Guess.

I guess you are still at school. Amirite?

Thing is you could just lie so I'll never really know :frown:
Reply 52
ISA, how old are you now btw? & will you upload a picture? I'm curious to see what you actually look like.
Reply 53
You're a TSR veteran, I remember you from when I had first account years ago. Never understood why you had so many red gems/neg :dontknow:
Very insecure, deletes most of their posts because they're worried people will use it against them, and a bit of a snob. Also the owner of a post with 728 negs! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1510490&p=29244508#post29244508
(edited 11 years ago)
I do, but a lot of the time people are "offended" or whatever. It depends on the people you mix with. I know I would respond better if I were with people who actually share the same opinions as me.

Examples? I'm curious.

Well yes, everyone responds better to those who agree with them, but that's not going to happen all the time. People don't always agree with you and it's much better to learn from other people's different viewpoints. Just because people think differently to you doesn't mean you can't get on with them.

I can't think of any examples off the top of my head. First thing that comes to mind is the 'I'm so ugly' posts you make sometimes, because putting yourself down really is rubbish, especially as no one is under any grounds to dispute it as no one knows what you look like. Beauty is subjective anyway.
Original post by KAB1010101
I guess you are still at school. Amirite?

Thing is you could just lie so I'll never really know :frown:

Yes.
Reply 57
Original post by Bonoahx
Very insecure, deletes most of their posts because they're worried people will use it against them, and a bit of a snob. Also the owner of a post with 728 negs! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1510490&p=29244508#post29244508

You see, I completely agree with every word she's said there, which is probably why I don't understand the hatred she receives.

Also, -728 is very impressive!
What do you think about me? Be honest.

I don't know you but what's with all the red bars? :colonhash:
Reply 59
Your posts are quit funny and entertaining :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest