Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why does every guy do this to me? so annoyed Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    In your original post you said you should change your personality to get into a relationship, you then changed to 'improve your life' therefore equating improving your life with getting into a relationship.
    I said neither.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SubAtomic)
    What is the definition of an alpha? All this TSR terminology leaves me confused sometimes lol.

My definition of alpha would relate to an alpha in the animal kingdom not some loud mouth prick.
    To take this from Urban Dictionary - "A tool that will do anything to be the center of attention and be the dominant male. A phony act insecure people put on."

Pretty much that. They tend to act more aggressive, pick fights and generally act like dicks. They'll be louder, ruder and cruder. And much more irritating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Classical Liberal)
    I said neither.
    Yes you did I don't even know how to counter that blatant lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    every single time i meet a guy they always chase me for a few weeks (when im not interested), make me fall for them, ask me out...we go out for a few days or a week and then suddenley im dumped.

Im always in the 'friend-zone'. Im so sick of it.

Every guy I meet just wants me for sex (I dont give them anything cos im not going to be used like that) and NEVER a relationship.

Ive recently met a guy and the past few weeks weve been hanging out, text things like ''wish you were here'', telling me he really likes me and wants me to be with him etc, him initiating it 70% of the time.

Then all of a sudden i start falling for him and he tells me he doesnt want a relationship, he wants to be single.

WHY? why is it always me.

If I go for the guys that are always in relationships- they arent interested, and if i go for the guys that have always been single theyre not interested.

I just dont get it?

I just feel like Im not relationship material even though everyone tells me id be the perfect girlfriend.

Does anyone else get this? i just feel like I cant trust guys ever with my feelings. Because one minute Im being told how much they like me and want me to be their girlfriend and as soon as I say 'yes' Im ditched days later (before putting out). Whyyyyyyyy?!
    Words are wind, actions you can bank.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Because you might be a miserable ****.
    Well if someone is like that then I would suggest they change their attitude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    To take this from Urban Dictionary - "A tool that will do anything to be the center of attention and be the dominant male. A phony act insecure people put on."

Pretty much that. They tend to act more aggressive, pick fights and generally act like dicks. They'll be louder, ruder and cruder. And much more irritating.
    Urban dictionary definition lol that is where my confusion comes from, I go by my interpretation.

An alpha to me would be the strong independent type, relaxed, not needing to be loud and certainly not being rude. i.e an alpha doesn't need to act dominant he either is or isn't. But I get the point, those wannabe alphas piss me off. Real alphas are cool. Alphas get the whole group in the wild so that Urban dictionary definition seems backwards. They should change it to wannabe alpha.

By TSR definitions a gentlemanly/nice guy alpha is the worst thing a guy could be hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Yes you did I don't even know how to counter that blatant lie.
    Evidence?

Don't listen to douche bags telling your that 'the process' is to put out first. What horse ****. Don't do anything you aren't comfortable with.

ReputationRep:
    every single time i meet a guy they always chase me for a few weeks (when im not interested), make me fall for them, ask me out...we go out for a few days or a week and then suddenley im dumped.

Every guy I meet just wants me for sex (I dont give them anything cos im not going to be used like that) and NEVER a relationship.

Ive recently met a guy and the past few weeks weve been hanging out, text things like ''wish you were here'', telling me he really likes me and wants me to be with him etc, him initiating it 70% of the time.

Then all of a sudden i start falling for him and he tells me he doesnt want a relationship, he wants to be single.

If I go for the guys that are always in relationships- they arent interested, and if i go for the guys that have always been single theyre not interested.

I just dont get it?

I just feel like Im not relationship material even though everyone tells me id be the perfect girlfriend.

Does anyone else get this? i just feel like I cant trust guys ever with my feelings. Because one minute Im being told how much they like me and want me to be their girlfriend and as soon as I say 'yes' Im ditched days later (before putting out). Whyyyyyyyy?!
    Taylor Swift. Nothing more to say. She wants true love. Wants a soulmate and to get married. Every guy she dates ends up a douchebag. Hold in there. Everyone's soulmate is out there. Just wait for him to come along.

ReputationRep:
    What am I reading?
    This thread man... Late night Sunday entertainment right here.

Have sex with people! People can't like you unless you have sex with them immediately.

CHANGE YOURSELF, LOUD, DUMB, ANNOYING SLUT! Slut who refuses to sleep with people! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

If people don't like you, be a different person. A person that people will like. Everyone knows what a likable person is and looks like, there is only one: be them. Be that person. Do it. No one likes you.

Words are wind, actions you can bank.

Alphas get the whole group in the wild.

*eery music*

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you are attracting guys looking for casual sex, who quickly get bored when they realise you're not going to sleep with them straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futility)
    It sounds like you are attracting guys looking for casual sex, who quickly get bored when they realise you're not going to sleep with them straight away.
    This really.

Where are you meeting these guys? They sound a bit douchey. Perhaps you should make it clear straight away that you don't put out unless you're in a serious relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im no expert but I was with my ex- girlfriend for 3 years before we did anything...Im in the same boat as hyou really, but with women...a few thingws Ive learned though; You should get into a relationship with someone because you want to see eachother, because you love the time you spend with eachother and think about eachother even when your not together, because you make eachother laugh and smile, because you share common interests or because the differences in interest balance. because you trust them and can tell them anything, your comfortable around them and they accept you for who you are. Whether your plastered in make-up or look like someones taken sandpaper to your face :P Someone that is there to support and guide you through all your decisions but also someone who allows you to grow as an individual, someone you can depend on but are not dependant upon and ultimately someone who is your friend and supports all your decisions even if they disagree.

If you got this, your onto a winner! Just try not to make your feelings so obvious and then youll find ojt how much they really do like you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie228)
    Why does people on TSR always say this? It's probably one of the biggest reasons so many on here can't find anyone.
    People develop, grow and become different people. The attitude that you are fully formed at 18 and "shouldn't change for anyone" is ridiculous. It's defensive and lazy. Would you tell a person with bad hygiene to "not change"? Would you say that to a man who treats women badly? Or a girl who is boring, a plain ***** or slutty?
    Most people can look better than they do, they can also become more knowledgeable, outgoing, generous, helpful and interesting.

We don't know the OP, but she obviously does something wrong. If she doesn't learn how to change, pick better men and improve herself, then no, she might not meet anyone.
    There's a difference between improving yourself to gain the affections of men and improving yourself to make yourself happier in life or in response to morals. Bad hygiene ultimately is detrimental to health (not brushing teeth I'm particularly thinking of) and being abusive is an anger issue (most of the time) or some other issue with themselves which would make anyone unhappy. "Improving" both of these things would be bettering someone in terms of life in general

However, making yourself less "annoying" or less like "one of the guys" and, dare I say it, lose weight just to get a guy to like you won't make you happier. Firstly, annoying is an opinion. Not everyone will agree with that accusation. Being one of the guys is also what some people like - if you like that humour etc you shouldn't feel the need to change in fear that no one will like you.

It's the idea that in order to be liked you have to be thin and beautiful and ladylike, but you don't. If someone really appreciates you they'll appreciate you even on your worst day with no make up and undone hair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you have funny looking nipples?

So the boy chases you for a few weeks. Gets you round his room. Then the bra comes off and... "OMG! WTF those?!!! I never knew they could be THAT shaped!!!" Then it's "OK, let's just be friends. [Then I'll never have to see THEM again!]"

ReputationRep:
    Evidence?
    You can read Im sure. Just go back though your comments.

ReputationRep:

I just dont get it?

I'm finding a similar trend but with the girls I've recently met - everything is on an upward curve, all the right signs but then ... bam ... the same old "I'm not really looking for anything serious with you". A killer.

I think I need to start working out who the girls are that want relationships and who just want to have a bit of fun. Wish it were that easy.

You probably need to do the same, but with the guys you meet. I can understand though, its incredibly frustrating - I too am looking for something long term, however the girls I meet aren't on the same wavelength

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't have to change; so don't! Just keep being the person that you are, and someday the right person will come along It's funny because girls do the exact same thing to me all the time and it's annoying, but you just have to get through it DM me if you like; I'm a good listener haha.

ReputationRep:
    Stop falling for everyone you meet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Stop falling for everyone you meet.
    that's easier said than done to be honest

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.