Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camoxide)
    *IF not when lol.
    No I meant, if I don't make a claim (for someone hitting my car at night when it is parked on the road), then they will never find out that I don't keep my car in the garage now will they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camoxide)
    Shouldn't make the insurance rise to £7000 if the car's only worth £500.

You need to have named drivers on the policy.
    The car might only be worth £500, but thats not the point. Its the damage you could do to someone elses car. Sounds unlikely, but you could end up crashing into something like a rolls royce/porche/jag etc that is really expensive. Plus the costs for labour, any compensation etc etc. My mum had an old woman go into her 2/3 month old hyundai i20 last november. It might only be a hyundai i20, but the total cost to fix her car alone was £4000. And statistics show that young male drivers are more likely to crash.
    Im not justifying the quotes trying to charge £7000 for car insurance, the cost is way too much. Especially as a lot of young drivers are actually safe and dont deserve those sorts of quotes. But im just saying that just because you have a cheaper car, doesnt mean the insurance will be cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFeet)
    No I meant, if I don't make a claim (for someone hitting my car at night when it is parked on the road), then they will never find out that I don't keep my car in the garage now will they?
    If you dont make a claim, then they wont find out. But if you do make a claim, then they will question it and ask why was your car parked on the road when you told them you park it in the garage. You know what insurance companies are like for trying to get out of paying up. The insurance will become invalid (which will screw you up when getting insurance in future). And you will have to pay for all costs yourself. I wouldnt risk it. You say you dont have a garage- so dont even go there with saying you put it in one.
    How much cheaper is it if you say you park it on the drive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    If you dont make a claim, then they wont find out. But if you do make a claim, then they will question it and ask why was your car parked on the road when you told them you park it in the garage. You know what insurance companies are like for trying to get out of paying up. The insurance will become invalid (which will screw you up when getting insurance in future). And you will have to pay for all costs yourself. I wouldnt risk it. You say you dont have a garage- so dont even go there with saying you put it in one.
    How much cheaper is it if you say you park it on the drive?
    I don't have a driveway as well but if I say I put it on the drive then it goes down by £500, what do you say I do? And even if someone does crash into my car I would probably not make a claim because I want that first NCB :P

Oh and does the black box show exactly where the car is parked or does it just show the street its parked in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.