Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    If we were used to seeing men in make-up they would look so much worse without it too. Make-up improves everyone's appearance if applied correctly - that's it's purpose. But it's only because we're so used to seeing women in make-up that you think they look bad without it.
    I agree, society has basically brainwashed us and warped our views on what beauty looks like.

Can't do much about it now though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edithwashere)
    True dat. Why can't we all just get along and be friends :cry:
    Because there will always be conflict because of things we just don't get along with. But hopefully petty conflict will decrease

ReputationRep:
    As shallow as men. Lol

Bro, sounds like you got some issues. Chill, surprisingly since women make up half of the world's population, our personalities actually vary considerably from person to person.
    Now who would have thought it! Anyway I'm not feeding this dumbass thread. It's just ridiculous. If you want the company of this sort of female, then buy their drinks. If you don't want to buy their drinks-go hang out with some women who aren't like this. There are plenty of them about.
    I'm so glad I'm female.. Not because men buy my drinks but because if I wasn't I might end up bitter and twisted like this.
    I'm not feeding it now. I'm just going to sit here and go ' '.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicatre)
    Because there will always be conflict because of things we just don't get along with. But hopefully petty conflict will decrease
    I hope so too - although obviously, there will always be petty conflict on TSR. Earlier I saw a thread where people were arguing over which way to wipe when you're in the loo :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akash11)
    But it not a minority ever heard of "princess syndrome" their was a thread on that a few weeks ago, women are so childish when it come to expectations of men ugly/ average looking women just won't settle for any this then a rich handsome guy,
    Perhaps you haven't had many experiences with different types of women, i.e at work, clubs and societies ect. I'm guessing you don't have any/many female friends? I could be wrong.

Some woman do have unrealisticly high expectations, like the wannabe W.A.G phenomenon. But then what about the female doctors, teachers and other professional women who earn their own money, surely you're not narrowminded enough to say that their mentality is the same as the wannabe W.A.Gs? You could argue that men just want women that look like Holly Willoughby and Megan Fox, it works both ways.

(Original post by akash11)
    no wonder 1 in 5 women now remain childless
    There's also the shocking possibility that some women simply do not want to have children. A wild theory, I know.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so too - although obviously, there will always be petty conflict on TSR. Earlier I saw a thread where people were arguing over which way to wipe when you're in the loo :erm:
    -_- that is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    I agree, society has basically brainwashed us and warped our views on what beauty looks like.

Can't do much about it now though.
    Sure we can. We can challenge idiots like some of the people in this thread who think that women look disgusting without make-up. We can challenge people who think it is OK to attack men for wearing make-up. We can teach women that it is OK not to wear make-up by banding together and rejecting the cosmetic industry and media who say we shouldn't leave the house without a mask on. Never say that this is the way things are so this is how they will always be. We can always change social attitudes because we create them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarmouse)
    As shallow as men. Lol

Now who would have thought it! Anyway I'm not feeding this dumbass thread. It's just ridiculous. If you want the company of this sort of female, then buy their drinks. If you don't want to buy their drinks-go hang out with some women who aren't like this. There are plenty of them about.
    I'm so glad I'm female.. Not because men buy my drinks but because if I wasn't I might end up bitter and twisted like this.
    I'm not feeding it now. I'm just going to sit here and go ' '.
    hahaha oh dear. This coming from the girl who posted not too long ago:

"If a guy wants to take me out for dinner, he pays. I was brought up this way, and I wouldn't date a guy who would expect any different." You think this thread is ridiculous only because you are exactly the type of girl I was referring to.

This is also the girl who in a thread not long ago advised a girl who (through her own stupidity got used for sex) to tell people that the guy was rubbish in bed and that 'he has a really small ****'.

Nope, you're not shallow at all are you sweetheart :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    Sure we can. We can challenge idiots like some of the people in this thread who think that women look disgusting without make-up. We can challenge people who think it is OK to attack men for wearing make-up. We can teach women that it is OK not to wear make-up by banding together and rejecting the cosmetic industry and media who say we shouldn't leave the house without a mask on. Never say that this is the way things are so this is how they will always be. We can always change social attitudes because we create them!
    If only.... I just don't think Capitalism would allow it. As long as there is a market for making people look better they will exploit it.

ReputationRep:
    There's also the shocking possibility that some women simply do not want to have children. A wild theory, I know.[/QUOTE]

Or biologically can't as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    What was the point in creating a thread just to rant? Did you recently get rejected by someone? It's fair enough if men have this opinion but when it's so frequently expressed with bitterness and anger it says a lot.

Men are shallow too. I don't agree with people being arrogant or acting as if they are special but sweeping generalisations are painfully irritating. I rarely see such negative, emotionally powered threads coming from women against men so I do not know why there are a huge amount of them from men on TSR. Dry your eyes, ignore the person that made you feel this way and move on to find someone better. Nobody gets such a negative opinion of 3.5 billion people from logical thinking.
    Men just complain on the internet cos we hate expressing ourselves in real life and women let their emotions flow out all the time in real life cos they love expressing themselves.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha oh dear. This coming from the girl who posted not too long ago:

"If a guy wants to take me out for dinner, he pays. I was brought up this way, and I wouldn't date a guy who would expect any different." You think this thread is ridiculous only because you are exactly the type of girl I was referring to.

This is also the girl who in a thread not long ago advised a girl who (through her own stupidity got used for sex) to tell people that the guy was rubbish in bed and that 'he has a really small ****'.

Nope, you're not shallow at all are you sweetheart :rolleyes:
    Please direct me to where I said I wasn't?

Thanks for reminding me of all I've said though-It's nice to be paid attention to

ReputationRep:
    If only.... I just don't think Capitalism would allow it. As long as there is a market for making people look better they will exploit it.
    Not starting threads stating that women need make-up to look 'remotely attractive' is a good start. Of course people will always be manipulate others as long as their is a product to sell, but we don't have to stand for it. I've given up buying new clothes, shaving body hair and make-up unless I am going out and I have never felt so liberated or comfortable with my body in my life. The more women that decide to do that, the less pervasive the media images become and less influence the industry will hold over us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarmouse)
    Please direct me to where I said I wasn't?

Thanks for reminding me of all I've said though-It's nice to be paid attention to
    You literally said, just a few posts up: 'I'm so glad I'm female.. Not because men buy my drinks...' awwkward...

Don't mention it, I know you crave the attention and I have given you your fix till you need more sometime shortly.

ReputationRep:
    You literally said, just a few posts up: 'I'm so glad I'm female.. Not because men buy my drinks...' awwkward...

Don't mention it, I know you crave the attention and I have given you your fix till you need more sometime shortly.
    That's not saying I'm not shallow. That's saying I'm glad I'm female-which I followed with otherwise I may be bitter enough to post something' (like this thread)if anything that's ADMITTING I'm shallow.(If that's what your definition of shallow is).

And as your copy and paste job illustrated, I'm pretty open about my stance on things-

Awww thanks

ReputationRep:
    HA, please. Men are no where near as shallow as women and that is a scientific fact.
    How is it a scientific fact?
    'Scientific fact' suggests that women are swayed by wealth, resources, stability yes. But men are as equally swayed by youthfulness and physical appearance. I wouldn't say either of these are more or less shallow than the other.

But one thing for sure, look through the TSR thread history and you'll find that the ratio of whiny threads like this is at least 5:1!

So you got rejected? So you paid £3:50 for a drink and she didn't drop her knickers for you? Man up!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest I really don't think girls are that shallow tbh. Considering how pathetic men are these days as long as you as a man confirm even to a few strong masculine characteristics, have a decent personality and as long as you haven't got a deformed face you should be doing pretty decent with getting girls.

But I agree that people don't call out women enough on their BS. and yes they do rely on make up a LOT.it's kind of sad because make up is what messes up most of their faces by their late 20's.

ReputationRep:
    Most women expect to be chased around and treated like princesses. Why? Well for one many guys are desperate enough to chase these women, paying for their meals and drinks, basically being their little ***** only to end up as 'just a friend'.

Now im not saying men who do buy women drinks, treat them like goddesses etc should expect to receive sex in return. However, why don't women stop it? They know exactly what they are doing and the consequences of leading them on and yet in the end they complain about the guy wanting more :rolleyes:

I really do wonder about women's logic (or lack of) sometimes.

You also hear women saying things such as men should always approach them, ask them out on a date, propose, text first. Then they moan that creepy/annoying/not my type kind of men continuously approach them, text them etc hahah I mean you can't have it both ways.

Face it women. Don't act like you're so much better than men just because you can entice a number of them with your looks. Looks which a lot of you don't even have! Let's see how many of you would be so arrogant and picky without your precious make up.

Oh and inb4 the accusation that I'm some guy who's been rejected a number of times or has been friendzoned :rolleyes: I just hate stupidity.
    Sex is a social transaction especially when you're young and single. It has nothing to do with getting off or finding a partner. That's why women push it as far as they can in terms of how long they can lead a man on for, and men try their hardest to shag practically anything. It is a challenge to complete. It curries favour with their equally single-minded friends. Causes nothing but trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    How is it a scientific fact?
    'Scientific fact' suggests that women are swayed by wealth, resources, stability yes. But men are as equally swayed by youthfulness and physical appearance. I wouldn't say either of these are more or less shallow than the other.

But one thing for sure, look through the TSR thread history and you'll find that the ratio of whiny threads like this is at least 5:1!

So you got rejected? So you paid £3:50 for a drink and she didn't drop her knickers for you? Man up!
    Think you will find women are swayed by youthfulness and physical appearance just as much as men so that point was silly.

Yup, I got rejected. You caught me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Most women expect to be chased around and treated like princesses. Why? Well for one many guys are desperate enough to chase these women, paying for their meals and drinks, basically being their little ***** only to end up as 'just a friend'.

Now im not saying men who do buy women drinks, treat them like goddesses etc should expect to receive sex in return. However, why don't women stop it? They know exactly what they are doing and the consequences of leading them on and yet in the end they complain about the guy wanting more :rolleyes:

I really do wonder about women's logic (or lack of) sometimes.

You also hear women saying things such as men should always approach them, ask them out on a date, propose, text first. Then they moan that creepy/annoying/not my type kind of men continuously approach them, text them etc hahah I mean you can't have it both ways.

Face it women. Don't act like you're so much better than men just because you can entice a number of them with your looks. Looks which a lot of you don't even have! Let's see how many of you would be so arrogant and picky without your precious make up.

Oh and inb4 the accusation that I'm some guy who's been rejected a number of times or has been friendzoned :rolleyes: I just hate stupidity.
    I have a boyfriend...

I don't wear makeup, I always pay for my own meal (and sometimes his), 70% of the time i text him first, and i certainly don't think i am better than him.

Sorry what was that about us not having any logic? Because you sound like an angry teenage boy who likes to stereotype women.... Sounds like you're the one who lacks logic :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.