Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainDudeson)
    All women should shave, especially if they have a hairy arse.
    Why?

Reasoning is a good skill to have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chefdave)
    95% of the guys I've spoken to definitely do not prefer the 1970's style bush.

Your boyfriend sounds like an exception to the rule.
    Did these guys express why?

What is the age group of these guys?

ReputationRep:
    95% of the guys I've spoken to definitely do not prefer the 1970's style bush.

Your boyfriend sounds like an exception to the rule.
    Never said I had a 1970's style bush I just don't shave off every scrap of hair and make myself feel like a little girl. I wax just not brazillian and I never will just to please a boyfriend it's damn itchy when it's growing back and it's not long enough to wax/shave. Why would you want to have sex with a girl who looks like she hasn't gone through puberty?

Also according to polls and surveys 95% of uni students don't shave all their pubic hair so it's becoming more and more common for girls not to shave then to shave. Shave bikini line and keep the rest short neat and tidy, don't see what's wrong with that.

Do you shave all/any your body hair just out of curiosity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissNoface)
    Why?

Reasoning is a good skill to have
    Because it is most unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    do you find the yeti look attractive?

ReputationRep:
    Body hair is quite a manly thing, so perhaps this explains why it's considered unattractive on women?

I know there's a tendency to blame the meeja for the current trend but I believe the media is a fashion follower rather than a leader.

If all clothing companies starting using bearded women on billboards and T.V commericals for example I doubt it would persuade many men to think that female facial hair is sexy, it's just wrong. Ok a hairy leg/armpit isn't in the same league as a she-beard but it still triggers the same part of the brain, the part that is repulsed by women with manly traits.

I keep my hair in check. I would like women to show the same courtesy.
    why is hair manly? :confused: I don't get it. Why do you view it as manly? So you're talking complete body hair removal or just shaving legs and armpits and keeping the rest neat?

Just curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xvFIRESTORMvx)
    Ask a guy.
    Because body hair on a woman seems masculine, after all, it is down to testosterone. It also shows that the woman takes care in how she looks. Plus smooth legs are great

ReputationRep:

The problem is, what we find attractive and unattractive is subconscious and usually beyond our control. Most of it is natural, some of it is influenced by what we see. I would imagine that the shaven look of a woman is a sign of beauty as hair is seen as a sign of manliness - probably by the subconscious.

The fact that men see shaven women in media and so on just helps to bring out these realisations, rather than plant them in the first place.

ReputationRep:

Age group 18-45.

They didn't go into the specifics, I think most younger guys especially just prefer girls who tend to take care of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xvFIRESTORMvx)
    Maybe it has something to do with the perception of women in society today and the image that has been given to us, by that I mean what society now seems to expect of women, especially as the role of women has changed dramatically, at least in the western world that is anyway.
    Tbh why does everything have to do with perception and the media?

Whenever my gf shaves her legs for example, it just feels nicer. Same with shaving down there, I mean I do it too, I even tried shaving all of it down there but I didn't like that. It's just nicer.

In addition, if you go down on a guy, you'd rather he trimmed at least a bit so you wouldn't get hair in your mouth every 5 seconds or not? Similarly for a guy going down on a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainDudeson)
    All women should shave, especially if they have a hairy arse.
    Shave everywhere or just certain places? And why all women and not all men?

I shave my legs and underarms, and slightly trim my pubes. I don't think I'll ever understand what is attractive about a completely shaven prepubescent looking girl.

If I ever get a boyfriend, who loved me and I him, I would consider shaving if he really wanted me too. But otherwise, nah, I'd never shave down there. I'm a woman, not a seven year old girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriajackson)
    why is hair manly? :confused: I don't get it. Why do you view it as manly? So you're talking complete body hair removal or just shaving legs and armpits and keeping the rest neat?

Just curious
    Its just the look, just like facial hair. If a girl has a moustache or a hairy chin they seem unfeminine right? So the same with armpit hair and legs, the darkest of the hair is here. Also showing the woman cares about their appearance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Tbh why does everything have to do with perception and the media?

Whenever my gf shaves her legs for example, it just feels nicer. Same with shaving down there, I mean I do it too, I even tried shaving all of it down there but I didn't like that. It's just nicer.

In addition, if you go down on a guy, you'd rather he trimmed at least a bit so you wouldn't get hair in your mouth every 5 seconds or not? Similarly for a guy going down on a girl.
    Why did you not like it when you shaved? And I agree with you about trimming and keeping neat and shaving legs and underamrs, I just feel cleaner as well. I don't think I explained my first replies very well, so do you expect your girlfriend to shave it all off or just keep it neat?

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter? Each to their own.

Can't stand people getting on their high horses and feeling superior because they go against perceived norms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    Its just the look, just like facial hair. If a girl has a moustache or a hairy chin they seem unfeminine right? So the same with armpit hair and legs, the darkest of the hair is here. Also showing the woman cares about their appearance.
    Right ok I get the facial hair thing because women aren't supposed to grow hair there ( Hormonal imbalance if they do) But if a womans body naturally grows hair in those places why is it unfeminine? Would you expect your girlfriend to shave all of her body hair off?-apart from her head of course.

ReputationRep:
    I not long ago found out that one of my friends doesn't shave anything at all, and her and I got into a conversation about the reaction that she's had from men about it. She says all the men that she's been with either don't care or actually comment that it's sexy. She has a very particular taste in men though, and so she would only go to bed with guys that she knows will appreciate her body. Having said that, she has bedded over 25.

I personally wouldn't feel confident going to bed with someone unless I was clean shaven!! Especially the first time

ReputationRep:
    Right ok I get the facial hair thing because women aren't supposed to grow hair there ( Hormonal imbalance if they do) But if a womans body naturally grows hair in those places why is it unfeminine? Would you expect your girlfriend to shave all of her body hair off?-apart from her head of course.
    No because arm hair is lighter coloured and so is the rest of the body apart from places such as legs and armpits. Peach fuzz is fine but longer darker hair just doesn't seem feminine. It's hard to explain. Do you shave your legs and armpits? if so why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    No because arm hair is lighter coloured and so is the rest of the body apart from places such as legs and armpits. Peach fuzz is fine but longer darker hair just doesn't seem feminine. It's hard to explain. Do you shave your legs and armpits? if so why?
    mine isn't on my arms, that might be because I shaved them when I was little though haha. I can't even see my peach fuzz, it's only really really short isn't it? and I shave my armpits and legs because I just feel cleaner and I like the feel of smooth legs it makes them look nice in skirts they seem to be brighter. I think armpit hair is horrible, even on men- why do some men not even trim it?! :confused: I just don't feel the need to shave off all my pubic hair it makes me feel like a little girl again and then to have sex with somebody feeling like that is just weird. I don't just let it all grow free I do remove some and I keep the rest short. I don't understand the demand for it to be completely hair free, ingrown hairs are worse in my opinion and they do that because it's a sensitive area and not supposed to be shaved. Have you ever asked a girl what it's like when pubic hair is growing back? Itches like hell- not exactly a place you can scratch in public.

ReputationRep:
    Shave everywhere or just certain places? And why all women and not all men?
    Everywhere. A hairless man would look ridiculous and effeminate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.