Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    Sounds like you're hanging around the wrong people. There are plenty of guys who dont think like this
    WHERE?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatebrownbread)
    ANGRYLad.
    angryLAD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Horse)
    WHERE?!
    Gay bars are usually a safe bet.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, OP can't handle his drink.

Honestly if we're not harming anyone I don't see the problem. People need to lighten up man. Seriously half pints shouldn't be served. A bottle instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    Gay bars are usually a safe bet.
    Spoken from experience?

And imo most young males behave either like "lads" or those eccentric types who like anime cartoons and world of warcraft.

ReputationRep:
    Spoken from experience?

And imo most young males behave either like "lads" or those eccentric types who like anime cartoons and world of warcraft.
    You have absolutely no idea what 'lad' means then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    You have absolutely no idea what 'lad' means then.
    You still the butthurt retail worker from a couple of days ago? Lmao.

ReputationRep:
    WHERE?!
    How old are you? I say that probably because im 23, ive met a few people through uni believe it or not who arent like that.

If youre 16/17 im afraid it takes SOME guys a bit longer to grow up and realise its not all about being a lad

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest, beer is absolute swill and no one drinks it for the taste.
    I do like Boston Brewery Lager....always laugh when people mock American beers when they actually make the best ones....even generic stuff like Bud is 1000x better than Carling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    I do like Boston Brewery Lager....always laugh when people mock American beers when they actually make the best ones....even generic stuff like Bud is 1000x better than Carling.
    What about whiskey though?

ReputationRep:
    What about whiskey though?
    I do like JD and coke...but never did so much when younger. I wouldn't want to drink neat whisky...I do think whiskey has a nice feeling like on the back of your throat. Probably more to do with a slight addiction to alcohol or something....I get the same when sniffing coke, it isn't exactly pleasant...but I enjoy it because my body associates it with good feeling afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it pisses me off too. Especially the people that lead their lives around this metaphorical religion, obtaining 'lad points' for sleeping with someone. It's ridiculous and I will never understand the weird obession with it. And yes, I am an '#AngryLAD' *sigh*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In Wigan it's called girl culture. The women are common as muck and can drink any man under the table.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt that this lad culture properly exists any more. It was there in the 90s but now? A messed up economy tends to take some of the joie de vivre out of people when they realise that people more frequently used to being called 'sir' than 'mate' have got away scot free. Working or lower middle class people have got to be more sensible than ever before when Bullingdon Club members (party piece trashing a bar) are in charge.

ReputationRep:
    Fhookin woah m8, aint u even bin ibiza yt??? ur missin out, i nw got a liver failure.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends at Uni decided to do his dissertation on "Synthesis of theonelladin derivatives from renewable resources" purely so he could pronounce his project as the one LAD.
    :facepalm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.