Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No. Although someone has cheated on someone with me, if that makes sense.

No never have never will if I make somebody my boyfriend its becuae I have eyes for only them and will not be tempted by another guy if I was then i wouldnt have a boyfriend id be having casual relationships.

There is never ever an excuse for cheating its just dam right a disgusting way to behave if you want to get with other people dump your partner simple

This clearly isint science but just out of interest when you said men cheat alot my ex cheated on me with 6/7 girls anfd all of the girls had boyfriends

ReputationRep:
    I have cheated, every single time. Idk why and what happens to me..There comes a point when I cheat. in Every single relationship I have ever been in. Never actually been caught ever. But I just cant commit to one guy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BradWills20)
    I don't think more men than women cheat, I haven't cheated and won't cheated, I've had the offer before when I was somewhat inebriated and I rejected it, if you can't resist the temptation I suggest you mature a little before you venture into another relationship again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd never cheat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoon)
    I have cheated, every single time. Idk why and what happens to me..There comes a point when I cheat. in Every single relationship I have ever been in. Never actually been caught ever. But I just cant commit to one guy!
    Then don't be in a relationship...? :confused:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoon)
    ... Why the Hell do you get into relationships then? How very selfish.

ReputationRep:
    I'd never cheat. If you're unhappy, you leave. You don't destroy that person's trust for the foreseeable future and get yourself an awful reputation. Even if you stop caring about that person, you cared about them once, which means something - you owe it to them to end it properly.

This said, I was the "other girl" once, this was a pretty long time ago though, I was young and stupid and the guy took advantage of the fact I was properly into him. It was only a bit of kissing, no excuse for it though. I actually had to stand in front of the girl in a queue the other day... that was awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBean1994)
    Speak for yourself mate. Never cheated and don't plan on

You don't tend to plan on it happening.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think cheating is wrong. I certainly wouldn't do it and I hope no one else would.

The phrase 'I didn't mean to do it' it's rubbish. Of course you meant to do it, is it THAT hard to not cheat?!. I physically don't understand. Maybe it's this culture of not talking to one and other that leads people to do things like that. If you clearly didn't want a relationship why make it official?

To be honest, it's people's own fault. If you're not getting enough pleasure or whatever why don't you just say it to your partner? This lack of communication is why people do things like that and to be perfectly honest there isn't really an excuse. It's pathetic, I understand that all humans have needs and wants but why do people feel the need to cheat.

It just confuses me so much haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope, would never be able to do it, guilt would drive me mad. The way I see it is that if you're in a relationship then you're in it for a reason...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    Actually no. Only 22-28% of men cheat and 15-18% of women cheat.
    I'd take those stats with a pinch of salt if they are self reported which they presumably are, women would be much more likely than men to not say, in the same way men would be likely to over exaggerate their number of sexual partners and women to give a lower number. From what I see at uni it's about even.

ReputationRep:
    My ex gf briefly kissed another guy the other day and initiated it. It was only minor really but I am still crushed. It destroys everything. I was also in a bar once when a girl sat near me with a post it note with some writing on it on her chest. Of course I tried to read it and she snapped and told me to stop looking at her tits. Turned out it said 'dumped' as she'd just been dumped. Anyway I apologised and I ended up going home with her as she wanted some rebound sex. After a extremely wild night which spilled into the most of the weekend, I was approached a week later by her boyfriend who said they hadn't broken up at all. Felt awful about that, too.

ReputationRep:
    One time I was in under the covers with an ex (just lying there, both naked) when her Mum barged into the room (we didn't know she was in and she thought we were out). My ex instinctively grabbed all of the quilt and left me exposed and I remember looking at her Mum whose eyes noticeably dropped to between my legs. She explained this to her husband (massive control freak) who went mental and accused of her cheating for checking out another guy's junk. Me and my ex were in her room while they had a ridiculous argument which centered around the mum arguing that if a woman sees a guy naked her eyes are automatically going do go south (I guess that's true? haha). He wasn't having it though and his jealousy over various petty matters eventually forced his wife to move out. I wasn't welcome at their house for ages after that.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Annuhlees)
    I did try, I wanted to explain why and how he was treating me like crap. He just said 'i'm not doing this today, it's your birthday and this isn't happening'. I planned to break up with him as he treated me like crap he was 'too busy to buy me a present or a card' when he's bbf birthday was three days after mine and he went to his birthday but not mine? I ended up apologising for something I didn't do and he walked off. I felt too scared to be like 'it's over and deal with it'.

:/
    Sometimes you have to just stand up for yourself and say look I don't want to be with you no more, and if he refuses to accept that then tough luck, that is his own problem. You can't let people bully you into staying in something you are not happy in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jono404)
    I'd take those stats with a pinch of salt if they are self reported which they presumably are, women would be much more likely than men to not say, in the same way men would be likely to over exaggerate their number of sexual partners and women to give a lower number. From what I see at uni it's about even.
    These stats are not of uni students, they're of married couples. I tend to think that women get married out of a desire for commitment whereas more men marry because their girlfriends really want them to propose and they don't know what else to do.

I did cheat/ 2 relationships overlapped by about 24 hours...

I think it's wrong to cheat but if you don't wanna be with some one it's kinda different.

The first guy was very sexually demanding and he cheated on me at the start of the relationship... we were together about 10 months, we argued all the time and he would never text me... he also went up north to see family, and while he was there I would not be able to contact him as he had a different phone that I wasn't allowed the number to!? I told him I loved him ( obviously I was young and didn't know the meaning of the word) but he would say "there must be more to love than this" He was also planning to go to uni at the end of the summer, and had told me we'd have a really good summer together and then split cos he didn't wanna do long distance. WTF right!?

So after him inviting loads of his friend to MY birthday party and ignoring me all day, I got close to and kissed the second guy, who had been showing me lots of attention, texting me everyday etc.

It was pretty awful but he'd seriously damaged my self esteem and I felt I needed someone to treat me better (which the second guy did).

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I have some integrity.. :L Cheating is one of the things I would never forgive in a guy either. If I found out my boyfriend had cheated on me, I'd probably never speak to him again if I could help it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Nope, but a girl cheated on me recently :sad:
    :hugs: breh

you alright?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >Untitled<)
    :hugs: breh

you alright?
    :yep:

This was a couple of weeks back, but still it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.... I'm gonna be even more careful with girls I think I would want to have a relationship with

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.