Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email from Southampton about their Physics scholarship (I had been on the reserve list). Since I have to firm them, I'm going through the motions of changing Southampton to my firm choice ^_^ Hopefully I'll see y'all in the autumn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Son234)
    I think i will be going for Wessex lane too catered

What's the difference with standard and premium?

Also is the uni link bus pass included?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Premium room is an enhanced sized room with toilet and bathroom( slightly bigger than the ensuite room)
    And yeah when you live in halls, you get the uni link pass

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorkins)
    I just got an email from Southampton about their Physics scholarship (I had been on the reserve list). Since I have to firm them, I'm going through the motions of changing Southampton to my firm choice ^_^ Hopefully I'll see y'all in the autumn
    Hi...congrats dude..which course have u applied? Is it physics only or a joint degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balla kensley)
    Hi...congrats dude..which course have u applied? Is it physics only or a joint degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Physics only (MPhys)

ReputationRep:
    ANYONE KNOW WHEN FRESHERS STARTS?? Am trying to plan my summer....getting me through revision

ReputationRep:
    If you will be living in halls, then u should move in, on the 21 or 22 sep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I got unconditional offer for MSc Sound and vibration.
    As I learn from the thread about Wessex lane, I intend to apply for Wessex lane as well .

I am little confused can someone clarify how many bathrooms & toilets are there when University site says

"Single study bedrooms with a washbasin. Bathrooms and kitchens are normally shared between 8 or more residents".

I suppose 2 or 3..

ReputationRep:
    I found out Wessex lane has internet cable in every room. Is there possible or legal for me to put in router to have wifi?

ReputationRep:
    As long as it is for personal use,i suppose yes...
    Perhaps u should mail them to confirm if u can..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanros)
    I'm trying to make my mind up between bristol and soton could u help me
    SOTON!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Postgrad_1314)
    Hello,

I got unconditional offer for MSc Sound and vibration.
    As I learn from the thread about Wessex lane, I intend to apply for Wessex lane as well .

I am little confused can someone clarify how many bathrooms & toilets are there when University site says

"Single study bedrooms with a washbasin. Bathrooms and kitchens are normally shared between 8 or more residents".

I suppose 2 or 3..
    Depends which type of accommodation you're going for!

[ Bathrooms ]

Standard - you may share with up to 20 students per hallway flat! They'll have three showers and WCs for males and another 3 showers + WCs for females.

Enhanced - you share up to 4-6 people per flat, but you'll only get one shower + WC per flat.

[ Kitchens ]

20-room flats - There'll be two kitchens (1 big + 1 small) per flat.

Everything else including Ensuites - One kitchen per flat

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have firmed to study Psychology. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed psychology and already got the grades so mega excited to be starting in September! Whoop

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have firmed for Spanish and History, hoping to get the grades! Anyone else for spanish or history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by das_garry)
    Firmed German and History! Not entirely sure I'll meet my grades though, my school's dealing with coursework worries me greatly
    I've firmed for German and History too! And I have exactly the same concern

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie_lou)
    Firmed psychology and already got the grades so mega excited to be starting in September! Whoop

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow congratulations may see you in September then! (fingers crossed I get my grades)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura9513)
    Hey! I have firmed to study Psychology. Anyone else?

(Original post by amie_lou)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Another psychology firmer over here too! Hoping for wessex lane en suite :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyandbeyond)
    Another psychology firmer over here too! Hoping for wessex lane en suite :flutter:
    Hello Wessex lane en suite is my second choice so I may see you in September!

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Just wondering, is it normal that my application says 'submitted' and not 'processing'?
    It probably seems to be a very silly question but I'm a little bit worried about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strawberry x3)
    Hello

Just wondering, is it normal that my application says 'submitted' and not 'processing'?
    It probably seems to be a very silly question but I'm a little bit worried about it.
    Has your offer become unconditional or not yet?

Even if it is unconditional, if you have applied before the deadline you will definitely get an offer by the end of August

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.