Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    got abit worried after you were talking about international students, so I rang broadcasting towers today and found out im living with british girls which should be good. I never really looked at the plaza but I heard its nice. most likely see you in September when we hopefully all start anyway! (good luck with your results)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethblears94)
    got abit worried after you were talking about international students, so I rang broadcasting towers today and found out im living with british girls which should be good. I never really looked at the plaza but I heard its nice. most likely see you in September when we hopefully all start anyway! (good luck with your results)
    Oh that's good then! Yes hopefully! You too, I can't wait to start x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to book a room at carlton hill, a friend of a friend INSISTED i go there because she is at liberty park and wished she'd gone to carlton hill, because it's a sociable place etc. also looks nice from the pictures, and its about a 5 minute walk from the college and 15 minutes from city centre so sounds good to me

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm hopefully going to LCA in September to do Photography, and I'm from NI so I have no idea about accommodation! I've a budget of £100, & I'll have to find a job to survive even with that. Get in touch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deldear)
    Hey, I'm hopefully going to LCA in September to do Photography, and I'm from NI so I have no idea about accommodation! I've a budget of £100, & I'll have to find a job to survive even with that. Get in touch
    Heyy, I hope to be starting LCA in Setp to doing fashion design and I never wanted to spend tonessss on accommodation, but I looked around Concept Place yesterday and booked my room today, its £99 for an en suit room with like a near enough double bed. Its really nice and I also looked round Liberty Park and thought Concept Place was wayyy nicer if this helps you (only a few rooms felt though)

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Liberty Park now if anyone wants to know anything, been on the foundation at the college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmBrown.)
    Heyy, I hope to be starting LCA in Setp to doing fashion design and I never wanted to spend tonessss on accommodation, but I looked around Concept Place yesterday and booked my room today, its £99 for an en suit room with like a near enough double bed. Its really nice and I also looked round Liberty Park and thought Concept Place was wayyy nicer if this helps you (only a few rooms felt though)
    That does help! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedMango)
    I'm in Liberty Park now if anyone wants to know anything, been on the foundation at the college.
    What do you think of Liberty Park in comparison to other places you've been to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirstxx)
    Hey I'm starting at Leeds College of Art in September to do Fashion also I've booked a room at liberty park is anyone else doing fashion or staying there?
    I'm studying fashion too! haven't booked accomodation yet though, stuck on which one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deldear)
    What do you think of Liberty Park in comparison to other places you've been to?
    It is alot quieter than some others such as opal and the leeds met halls. I dont really know why this is, but I know this year there was a whole empty block here,I guess that's because it is private! But some people have a really good time here - it's all luck on who you get put with, I guess, but theres ALOT (i'd guess majority) of the art college's students here - which means your course mates may be here too (not so much of a let down if youre not put with people you particularly get on with).

The rooms and kitchens themselves are some of the best I've seen in Leeds tbf - the bathroom may be tiny but the shower is great nevertheless, the kitchen is spacy and looks really nice once youve decorated it a bit..

I'd say if you want the louder halls look into Opal halls. They are always the ones you can hear from down the road haha. Always stuff going on there. I know some people in the plaza that love it too. It's not TOO far from both sites of the college - 20 minute walk, I'd say, but theres buses all the time - so it doesnt matter too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamanthaBardsley)
    I'm studying fashion too! haven't booked accomodation yet though, stuck on which one
    Which strand are you doing? I just booked liberty park was the nicer one out of the two the college had to offer I think also I didn't want to end up with just anyone rather be with leeds college of art students but by looks of things people are just staying wherever they fancy ha. Only thing that's bothering me about liberty park is the 20 min walk to college but apparently there's regular buses that come straight from the accommodation to the college so that's not too bad il not be the only one anyways x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I lived at liberty park and its really not that far to walk to the college tbh, bout 15 mins through the uni I reckon so not bad. Also most college of art people live here which is good for your first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedMango)
    It is alot quieter than some others such as opal and the leeds met halls. I dont really know why this is, but I know this year there was a whole empty block here,I guess that's because it is private! But some people have a really good time here - it's all luck on who you get put with, I guess, but theres ALOT (i'd guess majority) of the art college's students here - which means your course mates may be here too (not so much of a let down if youre not put with people you particularly get on with).

The rooms and kitchens themselves are some of the best I've seen in Leeds tbf - the bathroom may be tiny but the shower is great nevertheless, the kitchen is spacy and looks really nice once youve decorated it a bit..

I'd say if you want the louder halls look into Opal halls. They are always the ones you can hear from down the road haha. Always stuff going on there. I know some people in the plaza that love it too. It's not TOO far from both sites of the college - 20 minute walk, I'd say, but theres buses all the time - so it doesnt matter too much!
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm studying the Fashion Design and Realisation pathway. Really not sure what accommodation to get, I don't want to be more than 15 minutes away, preferably 10 or under because I am always late. I'm thinking IQ at the minute because it's not too far and relatively cheap(£91/£95pw for a 43 week contract) but I would prefer somewhere closer so I'm not sure. Carlton Hill is closer and is one of the two they suggest but it's more expensive and isn't en suite.

Anyone found anything around 10 minutes away or under that is under £100 a week?

ReputationRep:
    my accommodation is 2 minutes away but its £126 per week which is a lot, but I liked it the best so I went for it. Im not too sure if any are under 100.. have you tried liberty ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm starting at Leeds college of art too, has anyone looked at or is going for opal three? Everyone seems to be going for the plaza and I can't decide!

ReputationRep:
    Liberty Park is a bit too far away for me, I think. Opal 3 looks good and isn't too expensive but that's still a 15 minute walk.

Has anyone hard what the halls are most fun/ which one's are really quiet etc.? I would rather be in with quite noisy halls idk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauram94)
    Hey I'm starting at Leeds college of art too, has anyone looked at or is going for opal three? Everyone seems to be going for the plaza and I can't decide!
    Hello, I'm going to leeds college of art and i was unsure about what accommodation to go for so i went up and visited them and because i was looking at opal 3 as well. i would really recommend not going for opal 3, it looked so nice online but in reality it is awful, it smelt really bad and everything seemed broken. he showed us round a flat which people lived in and was banning on their doors loudly, the rooms didn't seem amazing and i personally didn't like the lay out. for a single bed room it is £115 a week. i then went to the plaza and looked around it seemed so much better and currently they are doing an offer where you get a queen size bed (3/4s bed - bit bigger than a single) and unsuite for £113 a week!! It seems so much nicer, the gym is better and they run classes, they have a nice social area and the layout seems less dark and grundgy!

also the building opal 3 use has just gone into administration, so although they are still taking payments it could be risky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helen94)
    Hello, I'm going to leeds college of art and i was unsure about what accommodation to go for so i went up and visited them and because i was looking at opal 3 as well. i would really recommend not going for opal 3, it looked so nice online but in reality it is awful, it smelt really bad and everything seemed broken. he showed us round a flat which people lived in and was banning on their doors loudly, the rooms didn't seem amazing and i personally didn't like the lay out. for a single bed room it is £115 a week. i then went to the plaza and looked around it seemed so much better and currently they are doing an offer where you get a queen size bed (3/4s bed - bit bigger than a single) and unsuite for £113 a week!! It seems so much nicer, the gym is better and they run classes, they have a nice social area and the layout seems less dark and grundgy!

also the building opal 3 use has just gone into administration, so although they are still taking payments it could be risky.
    I have booked at opal 3 without looking round which was probs a bad idea but i live down south so was tricky to get up there, I'm wondering now if I should try to cancel it in order to book the plaza or whether to stick with it and hope for the best... any advice is appreciated!x

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    I am an international (Dutch) student, I got a conditional offer for Creative Advertising at LCA and I am really happy about that! Now of course, the accommodation dilemma. I have done quite a bit of research already and narrowed my decision down to two. Can anyone advice me which one would be the best : IQ or Liberty Park. My main goal is to meet a bunch of nice new friends and not be too far away from the city centre and the college. Of course the way the rooms look matters as well (we are all a bit shallow ). I can imagine that the first criteria can be done basically anywhere. If anyone has any other suggestions for accommodation please do!
    thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.