Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 18 years old girl from Uppsala. Do you like Swedish people ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    All that Uppsala means to me is that I want to visit there because I've traced my ancestry back to the Vikings who are buried in the royal mounds there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hostile*****)
    Germans are our distant cousins xD ! Hello ! Yes I'm considering London university and Scottish university as my firms

Definitely
    So cool to actually finally meet someone who's literally from Sweden!!! (You guys have one of the best football players EVER!)
    My mate is half Swedish and half German...

Cool what do you want to study? I'm still a sixth former doing the International Baccalaureate...

ReputationRep:
    I don't want people to mess with me on forums because they bullied me on swedish forum.
    Hmm, your username is just going to be attracting more of that type of attention though...

About Sweden though, much loved here on the whole I'd say. Most people think of clever architects/designers, Volvo, IKEA, snow, and blonde, tanned women. Lots of blonde, tanned women

The video, and other thing you posted on the first page however, pretty much noone has heard of ...

ReputationRep:
    Why are large parts of Swedish society Racist?

ReputationRep:
    Well that's just so true but I love it, especially after returning from individualistic places
    OK. As you move south through Europe and particularly outside Europe to Asia and the Americas you will find lower tax rates, more individualism, more competition and less state interference in the individual's life.

From the Swedish people I have met they tend to be quite shy and introverted compared to people from the tropics/Mediterranean/Arabia/South Asia as a result of the conformist culture. They also tend to be quite meticuluous when it comes to business procedures (no shortcuts etc.).

But some can be slightly racist towards Finns (Suomis).

ReputationRep:
    Swedish women :drool:
    Swedish men, no problem with them at all but I've only ever met one or two...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Type 052D)
    Why are large parts of Swedish society Racist?
    Racist ? Have you been to Eastern Europe ? I don't know maybe it's because we can straight away tell who is Swedish and who is not, unless they're from like Germany or Poland, but if they're dark we can straight away distinguish. I don't know.

We're not that racist.

Come on... even our skinheads are relatively friendly and little aggressive in comparison to others xD

ReputationRep:
    I do wonder why people think Swedes are tanned when they have hardly any opportunity to tan?!

ReputationRep:
    When I think sweden, I think this instantly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    Swedish women :drool:
    Swedish men, no problem with them at all but I've only ever met one or two...
    LOL ! apart from physical aspect ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iYusuf)

hahahaha I know right. It was epic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    I do wonder why people think Swedes are tanned when they have hardly any opportunity to tan?!
    Probably fake tan like those sluts on the pictures xD I avoid tan tbh... it's not Swedish thing to do in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Most aren't properly tanned (potentially fake-tanned though) - they tend to be very pale - unless they have holidayed or worked in the Mediterranean / Tropics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iYusuf)

Don't; that's a painful memory I didn't want to revisit >.<

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to study in the UK from this September and I'm worried whether people will like me as I don't know anyone.

Apparently the British associate us with two remarkable events that happened recently:

and the football match

What do you think about us ? :confused:

OMG THAT CLIP... I fell in love

ReputationRep:
    Generally all of the Swedes I have ever met or talked to you are all awesome people generally. Those two people were nuts but they were suffering from folie a deux and some other crazy disease. It was nuts how the girl who was hit by the car was so resilient though, she trashed a car, could almost withstand 6 people trying to secure her, she survived being hit by another car and jumping from a 50ft bridge onto the motorway.

ReputationRep:
    LOL ! apart from physical aspect ?
    Well the ones I've met have all had impeccable manners are very friendly and generally a pleasure to be with!

ReputationRep:
    Racist ? Have you been to Eastern Europe ? I don't know maybe it's because we can straight away tell who is Swedish and who is not, unless they're from like Germany or Poland, but if they're dark we can straight away distinguish. I don't know.

We're not that racist.

Come on... even our skinheads are relatively friendly and little aggressive in comparison to others xD
    Don't lie, many segments of Swedish society is racist..

ReputationRep:
    What are they actually going to do though? Refuse to do business with foreigners?

ReputationRep:
    whatever :P but you can find racism everywhere in Europe. In comparison to countries like Russia, Italy, even France we're not so bad. I mean, show me a country without racism ? It's like contradiction in terms isn't it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.