Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So you see a crisp £20 on the floor... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think I actually had this happen when I was a kid. Kept it! (Though I wound up being made to split it with my friend as I spotted it then went to get it and she called it so mum said we saw it at the same time, damn her )

ReputationRep:
    If it was in a shop or anything I'd hang it in. Out on the street, I'd keep it, just like some cheeky **** did with mine.

ReputationRep:
    Why on Earth are people saying "nah wouldn't risk it" - risk what exactly? :facepalm: If I saw someone drop it/knew who it belonged too, I'd give it back. Otherwise I'd keep it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy 20 lucky dips on the Lotto with it.

ReputationRep:
    i found £5 out drinking not long ago i pocketed then 30 seconds later walked past a homeless guy, had a brief pause to think, went in the kebab shop and gave him the food and the bit of change. But a £20 hm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziggy2252)
    i found £5 out drinking not long ago i pocketed then 30 seconds later walked past a homeless guy, had a brief pause to think, went in the kebab shop and gave him the food and the bit of change. But a £20 hm.
    Hope he wasn't Vegetarian.

ReputationRep:
    To the people worrying about cameras I highly doubt the shop owner is going to report someone taking £20 off the ground to the police, and even if he did the owner would probably just get in trouble for wasting police time, no one cares, I'm pretty sure if someone had gone to court for taking 20 quid off the ground we would have heard about it, so legal or not you aren't going to get done for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uncle Bulgaria)
    Hope he wasn't Vegetarian.
    He started eating quicker then i have ever seen anyone eat, i learnt a valuable life lesson in the space of 5 minutes all because someone dropped a fiver :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosaknows)
    Truthfully, if there was no one around to claim it, I'd keep it. It's not stealing, it's just a rewarding way of picking up litter
    And not to mention doing good for the environment!

ReputationRep:
    That's what I was going to post. I've done this before. The fiver is nothing to me, it'll get me a pint and some food or something which I won't miss but it'd probably make their day.

You teach some clumsy idiot a lesson about the value of money and help out someone less fortunate. You don't even lose out. Win-win :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Why on Earth are people saying "nah wouldn't risk it" - risk what exactly? :facepalm:
    :laughing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    That's what I was going to post. I've done this before. The fiver is nothing to me, it'll get me a pint and some food or something which I won't miss but it'd probably make their day.

You teach some clumsy idiot a lesson about the value of money and help out someone less fortunate. You don't even lose out. Win-win :cool:
    Exactly but the sad thing is before that i had never given money to a homeless person but receiving that £5 and then seeing him practically 30 seconds after it all seemed scripted even though thats silly, and now i give anyhomeless person a 20p or 50p even a pound if its the first coin i pull out and i always finish my food even if i dont like peas lol as the image of that guy sticks with me.

ReputationRep:
    That makes no sense

ReputationRep:
    I had a nice situation at work once...

Some girl tried to do a fast one on me for £40 by "putting money into the counter cache before I had emptied my float". Knew it was her and was hassling her all night about it. Managers couldn't blame either of us though through lack of evidence either way (my record was impeccable and hers was dire)

At the end of the shift, me and said manager were the last two out. He goes to unlock his bike and I see £40 lying on the car park floor! The girl has obviously **** one and chucked it out of the cab! So yea, kept £20 for myself for the hassle she had put me through. Returned the other £20 to the manager. I think he kept the £20 for himself as well . We never robbed from the company though, apart from that instance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    That makes no sense
    It clearly does. its clearly written quickly and without much thought but just for your mind ill explain.
    I find £5
    I see homeless man
    I think
    I buy him food
    I then pose the question would i do the same if it was a £20
    cool for you?

ReputationRep:
    It clearly does. its clearly written quickly and without much thought but just for your mind ill explain.
    I find £5
    I see homeless man
    I think
    I buy him food
    I then pose the question would i do the same if it was a £20
    cool for you?
    I think it's best to give him the fiver so he can spend it on whatever he feels will alleviate his circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's best to give him the fiver so he can spend it on whatever he feels will alleviate his circumstances.
    thats what i thought about but then i thought no he may spend it on drugs cigarettes etc so i decided i wanted to give him some warm food and the shop was right there.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree. I know it's a bit different but I used to hate it when I got Birthday money and the response, "Don't piss it up against the wall, spend it on something useful"

thats what i thought about but then i thought no he may spend it on drugs cigarettes etc so i decided i wanted to give him some warm food and the shop was right there.
    Why should you decide what he buys? Give the money by all means but let the dude decide what he needs most.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree. I know it's a bit different but I used to hate it when I got Birthday money and the response, "Don't piss it up against the wall, spend it on something useful"

Why should you decide what he buys? Give the money by all means but let the dude decide what he needs most.
    Because I the guy doing something for absolutly nothing for the dude wanted to give him food. the fact i found the fiver is irrelevant i could of just as easily gone and bought myself a pint. I walked away knowing that guy was a little less hungry for a while im not fuelling anyones bad habits never will thats my personal preference.

Also your above comment family members say dont waste the money they give to me also but i respect that from them and spend it wisely as there not giving me money to go get pissed even if its my money and my choice. Its simply respecting people giving you something for nothing.

ReputationRep:

Because homeless people generally don't make good choices.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.