The Student Room Group

Who is your favourite British politician and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have quite a few..

Boris - So outspoken and natural but within very intelligent and calculating

Hague - He just oozes that Prime Ministerial feeling, arguably more so now than when he was leader

Heseltine - Not sure what most of his social views are but in general he's a Tory who doesn't give a crap what the modern party supports, it's what his views are, everything from being pro-EU to mass devolution, it's quite refreshing

Historically i think Pitt The Younger sounds pretty good, Gladstone it's said would probably be a Tory today and Disraeli has had a profound influence with Labour now looking to him.
Reply 41
To those commenting on May, Gove and Hannan i agree. All these people are highly comment and have been generally impressive. I'm not sure i'd want them as PM since they seem they'd like enable Ukip but certainly if i were picking cabinet members they'd be in.

Lib - Agree almost entirely.
Original post by Death.
They're all rather dull to be honest, but of all of them Tony Benn is definitely one of the most moral, realistic, idealistic and respectable politicians.
I would accept all of the above bar realistic.
I can't believe you people. Having a favourite politician based on personality? -_-
Probably better if I throw out a top 5. In no particular order (because if I knew the order it would not be a top five):
W. Hague
R. Stewart
A. Johnson
K. Clarke
D. Laws (well, this is in order. He's fifth)

I quite like Gove but I do feel he's going too far down the rote learning route of education. No point remembering stuff if you're incapable of judging whether or not it's even true. Ignoring a few differences in opinion in regards to the direction of his department though I do think he is a formidable politician.
Original post by James A
BJ has the best personality, but is just about worthy to be called a politician.

Haha, I know, but politics has never really interested me. He/his advisory team isn't doing too badly so I don't mind him :smile:
Reply 46
From what i have seen Boris Johnson has a hard time speaking in interviews so it'd be hard for me to imagine how he would be a good leader. Even Nick Clegg seems to have a hard time speaking and doesn't appear to have the aura of being a leader, this is mostly noticeable in deputy prime minister's questions. I personally like Nigel Farage though, he always speaks his mind and always knows what to say unlike some people, Michael Gove seems good in that regard also although my favorite at the moment is Nigel Farage.
Reply 47
I personally really love George Galloway. He's really honest and trustworthy.
I personally wish you could've just added this to the myriad of other posts about who your favourite British Politician is.
inb4 Meenu and Boris Johnson :colone:
Quite obviously Boris :h:

I call Screaming Lord Sutch.
Reply 52
Tony Benn :smile:
Reply 53
Boris of course, hes great fun
Reply 54
Michael Gove...:troll:
Take a guess...
Reply 56
Probably Andy Burnham
FARAGE
Original post by HamBtr
I personally really love George Galloway. He's really honest and trustworthy.

contest_bear.jpg
Reply 59
Does Lord Nebitt count? :biggrin:

Gotta respect Justine Greening for sticking to her opinion even though it got her demoted (in the Cabinet reshuffle she was transferred from Secretary for Transport, to International Development amidst the debate regarding Heathrow's expansion).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending