Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :lol: from all this I won't fit into either :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    :lol: from all this I won't fit into either :emo:
    I'm sure you'll be fine - just try not to get too over-involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I'm sure you'll be fine - just try not to get too over-involved.
    I'm in year eleven, so I've a long time yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Odd, isn't it? Where do they get it from?

When I told people I was thinking of applying for Cambridge they'd tilt their heads and say "Ah... I always had you down as a Huddersfield kind of chap".
    I get it ALL the time... I even get it about the subjects I study at A Level and what I want to do at uni (languages). Ofc, I go to one of those horribly snotty private schools... so languages is almost seen as treason. Several mates have said something along the lines of "Languages... by themselves?!? Why don't you do PPE? Or, if you insist upon doing languages, do it with law or economics. You're not gonna become a hedge fund manager studying Spanish, are you?"

(Also, I love the name... cambio wechsel, the irony there is superb)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanners95)
    (Also, I love the name... cambio wechsel, the irony there is superb)
    it has proved more bane than boon as I get messaged all the while about doing biological sciences at Cambridge (really).

ReputationRep:
    I've never even considered Cambridge, always been aiming at Oxford. I live about a little over an hour away, so it's much more common to go to Oxford than Cambridge, so people assume that.
    I also want to do History and both my parents went to (and got married at) Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    it has proved more bane than boon as I get messaged all the while about doing biological sciences at Cambridge (really).
    It's lost on them... they're just not worthy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extricated)
    Um...Cambridge is #1, Oxford is #2...I know what kinda person I am.
    your the type of guy that watches his best friend fight, then say "did u see me back it".......KUTA

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why people are identified as that type of person...

I was talking to my form tutor about the chances of getting into Oxbridge, and she asked 'What one would you prefer?' before stopping and saying 'Let me guess, Oxford' with a smug look.

She was completely right but I don't know myself how a person can be an Oxford or Cambridge type...

ReputationRep:
    I used to live in cambridge I'm from canterbury and will probably move to oxford next year. From visiting those and windsor and being into architecture it's a regional thing.......the proportions are of a larger mass in oxford and windsor..........cambridge and canterbury are more........well.........light and airy (churchy).
    Does anyone know what I mean?
    So I'm both I'm an Oxbridge kinda person.

ReputationRep:
    So your a kinda oxford cambidge canterbury windsor kindaf man.

ReputationRep:
    Oxbridge

Using the TSR app ~ Smile, you are amazing!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.