Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stramala)
    So what you're telling me is, because I support Inter Milan, and the Ultras, who I do not like, and do not agree with their stance, I must also be a racist bigot who likes to physically assault other supporters?

This is nonsense. I do not like the Curva. I agree with De Laurentiis that the Curva should be erased from Italian football. Also, the same thing happened in Lyon, but you're not making the same comment about all French football teams? A bit of a double standard there.

There is no doubt a problem with racism in Italian football. But to suggest every fan of all 111 professional football clubs in the country are "knife wielding cowards" is ridiculous.

Sweeping generalisations such as these do not help. Being tarred with the racist brush makes me extremely angry. Those who wear the shirt of Inter but are racist are not true fans. They are ignoring the purpose of the club's existence. When AC Milan wanted to play only Italians, a faction stood up and said no, that players of any nation should be able to join, and Internazionale Milano was born.

There is a problem of racism ingrained into Italian culture. They even bicker amongst themselves, the north and the south insulting one another, there are political parties who openly practise racism of some kind (I'm thinking Lega Nord suggesting Northern Italy break away from the south and create a nation called Padania, because apparently they're too good for the south).

This is not caused by football. This is a national crisis. Well, it doesn't seem like a crisis to the people doing this, it's just normal. Football is not the cause, but if the Italian government bothers to make an effort, it can be part of the solution.

Chi ama il calcio odia i razzisti...
    Can you post the exact quote where I said all Italian fans are racist? I can only remember saying I hate all Italian teams.

As for the Lyon point, Italy has a long history of this stuff and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Scum.

ReputationRep:
    Dislike
    Man Utd because of their fanbase. I'm a southerner and half of the people I went to school with were utd supporters.

Arsenal again because of their fanbase & Wenger. Most of their fans seem to be foreign and I just don't see them as a London club like I do Chelsea, Tottenham, Fulham, QPR, West Ham... They're a 'has been' team. None of their current players have won more PL or CL medals than I have. Wenger just irritates the hell out of me.

Notts Forest lived in notts for 4 years

West Ham they've had some delightful players come through their ranks over the last few decades and they're another London club. I'm a Chelsea fan (5th generation before anyone whinges) and I don't see them as a rival really. I'd always back them whoever they're playing because they're another London club and I'd like to see them do well against any northern monkeys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    like: QPR, Fulham
    huh?

you realise those two teams are local rivals right?

ReputationRep:

Fulham
    Sydney FC
    Real Oviedo

Dislike

Liverpool
    Melbourne Victory
    Stoke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin jol)
    huh?

you realise those two teams are local rivals right?
    Well considering I went to school 15 minutes from Loftus Road, yeah I am...QPR/Fulham have no problem with each other anyway. They shared Loftus Road for a few seasons when Craven Cottage was getting a redo.

I support all London clubs except for Spurs/Chelsea/Millwall.

ReputationRep:
    LOVE: Manchester United, AC Milan
    LIKE: SSC Napoli, Borussia Dortmund, Swansea city, Athletic Bilbao

HATE/Dislike: Real Madrid, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    I support all London clubs except for Spurs/Chelsea/Millwall.
    dear god that's a retarded sentiment.

also, fulham and qpr have had their fair share of run ins in the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin jol)
    dear god that's a retarded sentiment.

also, fulham and qpr have had their fair share of run ins in the past.
    Obviously dont mean that to mean that I support them anywhere near as much as Arsenal, but I dont see how its contradictory to like both QPR/Fulham. Know loads of QPR fans and none have any opinion on Fulham really.

If West Ham/QPR/Fulham/Charlton/Palace are playing any team outside of London I'll normally support the London team. Why is that retarded?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Dislike
    Man Utd because of their fanbase. I'm a southerner and half of the people I went to school with were utd supporters.

Arsenal again because of their fanbase & Wenger. Most of their fans seem to be foreign and I just don't see them as a London club like I do Chelsea, Tottenham, Fulham, QPR, West Ham... They're a 'has been' team. None of their current players have won more PL or CL medals than I have. Wenger just irritates the hell out of me.

Notts Forest lived in notts for 4 years

West Ham they've had some delightful players come through their ranks over the last few decades and they're another London club. I'm a Chelsea fan (5th generation before anyone whinges) and I don't see them as a rival really. I'd always back them whoever they're playing because they're another London club and I'd like to see them do well against any northern monkeys.
    Jesus Christ! 5 Generations! Chelski's only been around since 1905! We do have a lot of foreign supporters. Don't really know why you have a problem with that. A lot of that is due to the fact that when people started immigrating to London they didn't feel safe at places like Stamford, Bridge, the Den and Upton Park and preferred the class and nice people over at the Arsenal,(and to be fair at Palace and Spurs too). Obviously it's not the same anymore (which is only a good thing), but there's no denying that has played a massive part in the demographics of our support, and the comparative lack of foreigners your support has. Plus you still get knuckleheads at Chels.

You'll see that if Chelsea maintain their success then you'll get as many glory supporters as we have, if not more as your success has come in the era when football coverage is greater than it has ever been. They annoy me, but they're a part and parcel of success. In fact I don't mind Arsenal going without success for a while if it means all the day trippers and bandwagon jumpers head over to you lot.

Dislike: Chelsea, Millwall, Spurs, United, Leeds

Like: Southampton, Everton, Newcastle, Palace, Orient, Swansea

ReputationRep:
    Dislike Arsenal for the complaints and excuses Wenger makes, Man City for the fact they're a small team who suddenly gained a lot of money and fans (no offence to anyone who supported them 5+ years ago), Liverpool for their constant arguing over decisions and living in the past.

Like Lazio (first Italian team I saw live, I know it's not a good reason), Scunthorpe (just a running joke with my mate) and Everton because I think Moyes is a great manager and they have some great players, such as Baines and (ignoring one scummy game against us, but everyone makes mistakes), Fellaini

ReputationRep:
    like wycombe and schalke, with a soft spot for norwich and sheffield wednesday

dislike

man united (SAFs constant excuses, firgie time, thier fans, nani...)
    liverpool (suarez and thier fans who think champions league is thier god given right)
    stoke (used to send people to sleep)
    chelsea (racism scandles and how roman never gives a manger a fair chance)
    milwall (fans)
    blackburn (the way they are run)
    yeovil (not a lot against them, we just never beat them!!!)

and my least favorite club

MK Franchise ( i just feel so sorry for the fans of regular wimbledon, MK play in thier souless bowl and thier owners thinks they are a much bigger club than they are.... "lifelong" fans who support the club for 9 years and abandon their original team... also there seems to be a red card almost every time we play them... and i cant stand dean lewington!)

NEGS - feel free to explain

ReputationRep:
    Dislike Manchester United. Don't really like any club but if I had to choose it would be Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stramala)
    Internazionale Milano
    Hibernian
    Torino
    Boca Juniors
    PSV Eindhoven

Dislike
    Rubentus (aka Juventus)
    AC BBilan (aka AC Milan)
    SS Nazio (aka Lazio)
    Hearts
    Sevco (aka Rangers)
    Agreed on Rube.

''In Naples they are called the Camorra, In Sicily they are called La Cosa Nostra, In football they are called Juventus.''

ReputationRep:
    dislike - Blackburn and Burnley.

ReputationRep:
    Love;

Manchester United

Like;

Real Madrid
    Arsenal
    Wigan
    Swansea
    Everton
    Dortmund
    Blackpool

Dislike;

Barcelona
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Liverpool
    Tottenham
    Stockport
    Roma
    Sunderland
    Leeds
    Millwall
    Rangers
    and a lot more...

ReputationRep:
    Support Arsenal

Reading - The team I probably would have supported if not for Arsenal. To be honest the reasoning for me choosing to support Arsenal was misguided in the first place, but when you're that young, pretty impressionable and not particularly near any teams (Reading is still a good 45 mins away) you think the fact that your sisters best friends cousin plays for Arsenal (Stephen Hughes, barely played but I do remember clearly him playing against Fiorentina which is when it all started for me) is kind of a big deal. So yeah, Reading are pretty much as close as it gets for a 'local' team for me, or Aldershot. Or any West London team.

Brighton - My mums team and the city where a lot of my family live. My cousin used to play for their youth teams until he was seriously injured (I mean seriously enough to not play football competitively again) plus I used to play football with one of Gus Poyet's sons. He was a real nice guy, always happy to take photos with opposing teams players/parents. His son was slow as **** though. His other son had the football genes, now at Charlton

Borussia Dortmund - A pretty in vogue club to like right now, but I actually grew fond of them back when we played them in the Champions League years ago (circa 2002 I think). I remember thinking the atmosphere looked incredible. Our very own Thomas Rosicky played for them back then and he was fantastic. The yellow kit also gives me a semi.

Torino - I have no idea how this started, I guess I kind of took pity on them once I read about the Superga air crash. It's good to see them back in Serie A.

Parma - Memories of watching Italian football on Channel 4 when I was younger. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

Dislike

Tottenham - For obvious reasons. One of the most well supported teams around where I live too, so I never hear the end of it when they get one over us, which thankfully hasn't been all too often. It's the bitterness from their fans that annoys me most, they are actually a fairly well run club.

Chelsea - A club that symbolises pretty much every that is wrong with football. Another well supported team around where I live (not so much when I was younger, funny), their fans are up there with the most clueless. There's a few good eggs, some on this forum in fact, but the bad eggs are just mind numbingly ignorant. I remember one bragging over the £1m profit they made after winning the CL. Christ. Not forgetting their shameless treatment of managers. Not just Abramovich but the fans too. When Di Matteo won the CL, he was lauded - being a fan favourite - as a fantastic manager (not saying I don't think he is a decent manager). When the unfashionable Avram Grant took them within a kick from 'JT' of winning the CL, it was all down to the players. The booing of Benitez. The racism. And that ****ing 'Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea' chant they sing all the time. Thanks for that, clearly we thought we were playing FC Avtodor-Olaf Vladikavkaz. It's like a poor mans version of 'Arsenal, Arsenal Arsenal'...

Man United - Shouldn't be as well supported down where I live as they are. Was a quality rivalry though back in the day. Red nose gets on my tits but I have to admire him.

Man City - Same reasons as Chelsea, except slightly less because they're not local. They also bought Adebayor off us for £25m (that's right, £25m guys!!) which gains them points in my book. Unbelievable I know, I feel like they are the team we can flog off all our massively over-rated players too.

Barcelona - Don't get me wrong, as a team of players they are fantastic and will go up there with the best ever. However, plenty of the board room staff are toxic, Barcelona players/staff seem to get away with much more than any other club. Their tapping up of Fabregas was shameless and should have been punished. 'Barca DNA'...Also another team we can flog off over-rated players to for massive amounts of money. Stealing Cesc and then selling him back to him was hilarious. Suckers.

Stoke - The booing of Ramsey, the cheering every time one of their rugby players takes out an Arsenal player, Tony Pulis' constant whining and stupid tracksuits, plus his insistence that Stoke are outspent by their rivals (untrue). Vile club, although in fairness I know a large amount of the Stoke support are sick of their hoofball 'football'.

and lastly...

Arsenal - Yep, my own team, or more so some of the fans that 'support' it. Simply put some of the treatment of Wenger earlier in the season was shameful and made me cringe. Arsenal's fans are without doubt some of the most fickle in the league. I said at the time, just wait for Arsenal to put together a few victories and these 'fans' will disappear, and whadoyaknow? They've not been seen for a few weeks now. They'll be back next November of course so we can do this all over again. Home support is pretty awful, too, although like most teams our away support is fantastic.

Apologies for the long post but I'm trying my hardest not to do any work right now :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Love-Coventry City (goes without saying).

Like-

Brighton
    Hibs
    Aberdeen
    Torino
    Nürnberg
    ADO Den Haag
    Bordeaux
    Nuneaton Town

Dislike-
    Leicester
    West Ham
    Norwich
    Chelsea
    Man C
    Man U
    Liverpool
    Cardiff

Essentially any team that has just thrown lots of money from a dubious source to get success, making it impossible to succeed through spending within your means.

United purely because of the glory hunters.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Support -

Poole Town
    Liverpool

Like -

QPR
    Bournemouth
    Burnley
    Ipswich

Dislike -

Swindon
    Leeds
    Swansea

Hate -

Manchester United
    Chelsea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Support Arsenal

Reading - The team I probably would have supported if not for Arsenal. To be honest the reasoning for me choosing to support Arsenal was misguided in the first place, but when you're that young, pretty impressionable and not particularly near any teams (Reading is still a good 45 mins away) you think the fact that your sisters best friends cousin plays for Arsenal (Stephen Hughes, barely played but I do remember clearly him playing against Fiorentina which is when it all started for me) is kind of a big deal. So yeah, Reading are pretty much as close as it gets for a 'local' team for me, or Aldershot. Or any West London team.

Brighton - My mums team and the city where a lot of my family live. My cousin used to play for their youth teams until he was seriously injured (I mean seriously enough to not play football competitively again) plus I used to play football with one of Gus Poyet's sons. He was a real nice guy, always happy to take photos with opposing teams players/parents. His son was slow as **** though. His other son had the football genes, now at Charlton

Borussia Dortmund - A pretty in vogue club to like right now, but I actually grew fond of them back when we played them in the Champions League years ago (circa 2002 I think). I remember thinking the atmosphere looked incredible. Our very own Thomas Rosicky played for them back then and he was fantastic. The yellow kit also gives me a semi.

Torino - I have no idea how this started, I guess I kind of took pity on them once I read about the Superga air crash. It's good to see them back in Serie A.

Parma - Memories of watching Italian football on Channel 4 when I was younger. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

Dislike

Tottenham - For obvious reasons. One of the most well supported teams around where I live too, so I never hear the end of it when they get one over us, which thankfully hasn't been all too often. It's the bitterness from their fans that annoys me most, they are actually a fairly well run club.

Chelsea - A club that symbolises pretty much every that is wrong with football. Another well supported team around where I live (not so much when I was younger, funny), their fans are up there with the most clueless. There's a few good eggs, some on this forum in fact, but the bad eggs are just mind numbingly ignorant. I remember one bragging over the £1m profit they made after winning the CL. Christ. Not forgetting their shameless treatment of managers. Not just Abramovich but the fans too. When Di Matteo won the CL, he was lauded - being a fan favourite - as a fantastic manager (not saying I don't think he is a decent manager). When the unfashionable Avram Grant took them within a kick from 'JT' of winning the CL, it was all down to the players. The booing of Benitez. The racism. And that ****ing 'Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea' chant they sing all the time. Thanks for that, clearly we thought we were playing FC Avtodor-Olaf Vladikavkaz. It's like a poor mans version of 'Arsenal, Arsenal Arsenal'...

Man United - Shouldn't be as well supported down where I live as they are. Was a quality rivalry though back in the day. Red nose gets on my tits but I have to admire him.

Man City - Same reasons as Chelsea, except slightly less because they're not local. They also bought Adebayor off us for £25m (that's right, £25m guys!!) which gains them points in my book. Unbelievable I know, I feel like they are the team we can flog off all our massively over-rated players too.

Barcelona - Don't get me wrong, as a team of players they are fantastic and will go up there with the best ever. However, plenty of the board room staff are toxic, Barcelona players/staff seem to get away with much more than any other club. Their tapping up of Fabregas was shameless and should have been punished. 'Barca DNA'...Also another team we can flog off over-rated players to for massive amounts of money. Stealing Cesc and then selling him back to him was hilarious. Suckers.

Stoke - The booing of Ramsey, the cheering every time one of their rugby players takes out an Arsenal player, Tony Pulis' constant whining and stupid tracksuits, plus his insistence that Stoke are outspent by their rivals (untrue). Vile club, although in fairness I know a large amount of the Stoke support are sick of their hoofball 'football'.

and lastly...

Arsenal - Yep, my own team, or more so some of the fans that 'support' it. Simply put some of the treatment of Wenger earlier in the season was shameful and made me cringe. Arsenal's fans are without doubt some of the most fickle in the league. I said at the time, just wait for Arsenal to put together a few victories and these 'fans' will disappear, and whadoyaknow? They've not been seen for a few weeks now. They'll be back next November of course so we can do this all over again. Home support is pretty awful, too, although like most teams our away support is fantastic.

Apologies for the long post but I'm trying my hardest not to do any work right now :ahee:
    Top post, this. Will make one myself sometime but got tonnes of work on.

Have a green thumb thingy from me :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Support:

Arsenal - as with Emperor Mustard above, they're not my local team but I fell in love with them anyway and couldn't escape (mainly because I wanted to be different to everyone at my primary school where a good 4/5 supported United)

Swindon - my local team, I keep telling myself I don't care how they do but I can never stop myself checking to see how they're doing, even when I'm away at university

Soft spot for:

Bath City - mainly stems out of the fact that I played as them once on Football Manager, but they're a decent enough club.

Cambridge City - my university town team

Napoli god knows, think I just started liking them when I used to watch european football highlights at about 6am as a kid.

Swansea - nice to see a relatively small club trying to play football and run a club the way they do.

Dislike:

Spurs - small club with ambitions way above their station

Manchester United - I respect the way they've become a global powerhouse, but I take issue with the sense of automatic entitlement this seems to have given their fans.

Oxford United - obligatory hatred as a resident of both Swindon and Cambridge

(Original post by EmperorMustard)

^^Those as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.