Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    This. There are uni level science jokes all the time.
    Actually, I hate TBBT because the basic point of the show is laughing at a person who is clearly on the autistic spectrum quite substantially.

Plus it's just not funny.

ReputationRep:
    How I met your mother

It's just average like all the other generic american comedies.
    British comedy is so much funnier!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherposter)
    most of the characters are two dimensional
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Britains Got Talent, most of the times it just singing.

ReputationRep:
    Game of thrones. The tv series is so **** compared to the books.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Simpsons. Granted for a few years it was ok, but when people realised there were much better shows on it just became such a drab....

ReputationRep:
    Fairy Odd Parents. I never understood how people liked this show without being driven insane because their heads were all weirdly shaped and how the kids teeth made him look like a bald rabbit.

Also I like the Big Bang Theory. Just putting that out there because of all the negativity it is recieving. Yes the pre-recorded laughter is incredibly irritating but otherwise it is a good show if you can understand the humour. And that person who said they didn't like family guy; shame on you.

ReputationRep:
    Well thank god im not the only one who thinks the big bang theory sucks, all my friends love it loads.

Generally, the vampire tv series that have cropped up in the last few years in my opinion have been very overrated, notably True Blood.
    Although the first episode where they watch the vampire sex tape has me cracking up every time

ReputationRep:
    Mrs browns boys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pendulum3)
    Britains Got Talent, most of the times it just singing.
    Tru, pretty funny at times tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Litterbug)
    The Simpsons. Granted for a few years it was ok, but when people realised there were much better shows on it just became such a drab....
    Oi simpsons is Awsome! Lol. I get what u mean, I liek the old episodes more tbh

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say X factor, but its ratings have dropped so low that its not as overrated anymore (thankfully).

Don't understand why the Big Bang theory is getting all the negative ratings on this thread though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why most of you think the Big Bang theory and how I met your mother are bad shows, I watch quite a lot of popular TV and I actually love the concepts of both these shows. It's different to the usual, the jokes are clever and well thought out. The characters each have their own individual persona for example I have never seen a character like sheldon, yes he is annoying at times but isn't that the whole point of his character? There's a different between popular and overrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    Which TV shows do you think are overrated?

I've just finished the first season of Mad Men and whilst it's pretty good, I don't think it is worth all the acclaim it seems to receive, maybe it will get better as I move on...

Also dislike Big Bang Theory, Sheldon Cooper drives me insane.
    Mad Men gets better and better and better, it peaks at Season 4. It's worth all of it's acclaim for its overall spectacle.

(Original post by Deshi)
    Didn't realise it was rated in the first place?

Anyway I'd say Prison Break. The first season is really good, but after that it's just ****, and a show with only one good season out of four can't be considered great.

I'd also say Homeland. I like it, and the Golden Globe wins for Claire Danes and Damian Lewis are definitely deserved, but the fact that it's won Best Drama two years in a row is a bit :eyebrow:
    Whaaaaat. I loved the second season of PB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSM1996)
    The office - sorry but I hate Ricky Gervais.
    Treason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    Which TV shows do you think are overrated?

I've just finished the first season of Mad Men and whilst it's pretty good, I don't think it is worth all the acclaim it seems to receive, maybe it will get better as I move on...

Also dislike Big Bang Theory, Sheldon Cooper drives me insane.
    I really like big bang, but i understand sheldon, his oblivious nature annoys me. And the way he has like childlike hissy fits, god damn, if i was his room mate i'd be difficult not to hit him but then i think i would be like Lenard. perhaps i'm over thinking. either way And annoys me a bit when i watch.

Johnny Bravo, what's with 20 year olds nostalgia with that show, i didn't like it. He was very weird, WHOA MOMMA.

ReputationRep:
    TOWIE
    Made in Chelsea
    Geordie Shore
    Downton Abbey
    Miranda
    'Talent' shows

ReputationRep:
    The Walking Dead and The Big Bang Theory are two TV shows which stand out as being particularly overrated for me. Honourable mentions to How I met your mother and two and a half men.

(Original post by zz_)
    you probably just don't get the jokes in TBBT - that is why you think it's overrated. it's really clever stuff.
    Are you serious? You do realise the show is written so you're laughing at the "nerds", not with them, right? It's badly written with crass jokes, stereotypical boring characters and basic science references which makes people think the show is somehow clever, and that they themselves are too for getting a joke about science. The epitome of a crappy, overrated sitcom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSM1996)
    The office - sorry but I hate Ricky Gervais.
    This!

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't get into Terra Nova, I think it had a lot of potential but somehow didn't manage to pull it off.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.