Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrow.7)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Steven Moffat on the 50th...I heard that all the Doctors will return!
    "You always want to make it special and huge and big. One of the things that I'm concerned about this year is that the show must be seen to be going forward. It's all about the next 50 years, not about the last 50 years. If you start thinking it's all about nostalgia then you're finished. It's about moving forward. The Doctor is moving forward, as he always does. He wants to solve the mystery of Clara. He's not thinking about all his previous incarnations and all his previous adventures. He's thinking about the future. That, for me, is important. The show must never feel old. It must always feel brand new, and a 50th anniversary can play against that."-SM
    Maybe, but it is also fun to have a show that has so much heritage. My Dad is a huge fan and he is a mine of information about it - it's so fascinating to hear about the people and events in the show and watch old episodes on DVD. Some of the classic Doctors and assistants were really great and the stories were slower moving but well-written and fascinating. It's like a great treasure chest of fun acting, poignant moments and excitements, as well as laugh-out-loud corny moving scenery and low-budget monsters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I've spoilered this for you.
    Sorry, I didn't know how to do it!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Harrow.7)
    Sorry, I didn't know how to do it!
    It says in the first post put [spoiler]then your text then[/spoiler] and then it'll spoiler it.

ReputationRep:
    Happy Doctor Who day I've been wearing my dalek t-shirt in honour.

ReputationRep:
    Iplayer a little jumpy, looks like heavy activity.

ReputationRep:
    A serve lac of the TARDIS in the opening sequence :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    OK, we're running! No more waiting!!

ReputationRep:
    Meh

ReputationRep:
    I actually thought it was a good episode! I really like Clara, i loved Amy but I think Clara will be better than her.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App

ReputationRep:
    6/10.

Could have been much better, to be honest i'd rather the Victorian version had lived because that was a colossal introduction.

I get the feeling she could match Dr-Donna and Rose though.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    David Tennant will be in the 50th anniversary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21980892

ReputationRep:
    The episode was ok but it seemed to just be missing that extra bit of 'oomph' which nearly every episode does in recent years.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a let-down tbh...the next episode doesn't look that appetizing too... :/

ReputationRep:
    Loved it!

And I already love Clara <3

Not sure what's going off with the opening sequence though :P

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else notice the book....Written by AMELIA WILLIAMS

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoyable enough, and adds to the mystery of Clara, but can't imagine it'll be one I rush back to watch again when the DVD is out.
    7/10

That scene at the end with Celia Imrie on the floor, having been reduced to a child asking for her parents was probably the most chilling part of the episode for me.

ReputationRep:
    8/10 it was good!

I definitely like Clara way more than Amy. After a while the Amy-Rory relationship became sickening, but Clara brings something fresh and new to the show

I agree that the plot was not the best, but it was done really well especially at the beginning.

One more thing, I agree with battycatlady about the opening sequence. There's sooo much wrong with it, I miss the old one.

ReputationRep:
    I still think UNIT deserves a series of it's own, starring Martha

ReputationRep:
    Well going by the poster for next weeks episode I'm guessing the whole leaf thing will be explained

Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  315013_626841673996530_781632410_n.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  184.9 KB

Spoiler contains poster

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.