Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which fictional universe would you live in? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Supernatural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Westeros seems a very odd choice of places to live voluntarily. Everyone gets imprisoned, enslaved, raped or dead; or some combination of those. It would be like having a free choice of where to live here - and choosing Afghanistan or Sierra Leone.
    Aye , it is an extremely wartorn intense place yes . That's why I'd like to be on the winning side , the Dothraki live to live they take each day as it comes , take what they want from life (quite literally) . Theres dragons , direwolves , mammoths ! such a vast array of cultures . It may be a short life and likely it would be a nasty one but I'd rather it any day to the autonomous like existence which the human race are subjected to.

ReputationRep:
    Either:

1. A witch in the Harry Potter universe
    2. A mutant with telekinetic abilities in X-Men
    3. Doctor Who's assistant

ReputationRep:
    The Wheel of Time. I'd be an Ogier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
    Aye , it is an extremely wartorn intense place yes . That's why I'd like to be on the winning side , the Dothraki live to live they take each day as it comes , take what they want from life (quite literally) . Theres dragons , direwolves , mammoths ! such a vast array of cultures . It may be a short life and likely it would be a nasty one but I'd rather it any day to the autonomous like existence which the human race are subjected to.
    Interesting. I don't normally hear people romanticising notions of barbarism, rapine and plunder.

Give me the choice between working in an accountancy office or being a child soldier in some wartorn state - and I wouldn't ponder that one too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Interesting. I don't normally hear people romanticising notions of barbarism, rapine and plunder.

Give me the choice between working in an accountancy office or being a child soldier in some wartorn state - and I wouldn't ponder that one too long.
    I don't really like my life in general anyway that's probably why. Sad but true.

ReputationRep:
    kingdom hearts ofc

ReputationRep:
    Lord of the Rings universe.
    No technology, peace after the war of the ring... just beautiful landscapes, cultures and sublime history...
    YUP.

ReputationRep:
    The universe from the Graceling/Seven Kingdoms trilogy. Although there was rather a lot of awful leaders, there were a few good ones. And the idea of Graces is so cool

ReputationRep:
    Middle Earth, Harry Potter land, Westoros, World of Warcraft. Would take any of these.

ReputationRep:
    Would love Kanto or Johto but lots of already said that

Also the Wreck it Ralph universe where all the games were would be sweet

ReputationRep:
    Probably Lord of the Rings. I'd want to be the 10th member in the Fellowship.

Either that, or the Star Wars universe, in the time of the Great Galactic War and Cold War (for those who don't know, those events take place a long time before the movies, and are covered in video games and comics).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
    There's only one place...

Attachment 205860
    I was going to make a wise and well considered decision.

Then I saw this

ReputationRep:
    As Awesome as a place like Middle Earth or Tamriel or Westeros would be, and as much as I'd love to live in a universe where Jedi's exist... I have to say Discworld, where one in a million chances crop up 9 times out of ten! (so long as you acknowledge this rule out loud by saying "This is a One in a million chance!")

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say the Land of Ooo from Adventure Time (which is actually a post apocalyptic Earth). But if I can't be the main character, that means I can't be human.

ReputationRep:
    Meritocracy.

Too demanding ?

ReputationRep:
    One of: Tamriel, the Halo universe or Middle Earth

ReputationRep:
    The Lacteal Covenant only exists in my head so far, so I'll say the Mass Effect universe.

ReputationRep:
    Sword Art Online.

ReputationRep:
    Oddworld. Dangerous as hell, but damn is it beautiful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.