Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SannaS)
    And why would It even be offensive to you in the first place , by saying something's pod about a holy book doesn't mean it's not respecting your belief as an atheist?
    Saying we can't think of a religious text as just a text, that's what fails to respect my beliefs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    Yes, but not the right to suppress the latter which is what she is demanding.
    I'll be honest I didn't even notice that but my point still stands

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay this thread seems pointless asking athiests, if I redirect it to thiests, would you have found the comment about the holy book being crap as offensive? Yes or no?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Okay this thread seems pointless asking athiests, if I redirect it to thiests, would you have found the comment about the holy book being crap as offensive? Yes or no?
    Please accept this award: The most over-sensitive person I've heard from all week. Congratul-****ing-ations.

Seriously, get over it. If someone said Lord of The Rings was crap to me, I wouldn't be offended. And I worship that more than most Christians I know worship their Bible stories. :rolleyes:

You've been oversensitive, and if I was the mod who saw your complaint, I would have laughed. It's just a book.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Also, just to reiterate: it's really rather crap.

ReputationRep:
    Being a devout christian, I take no offence to atheists' uneducated and insignificant comments regarding my holy book as I can understand the logical, or illogical, inadequacies within the pages of this wonder. However, I have faith which helps me see past these poorly constructed allegories and allows me to take only the lord's comments to heart.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not really a christian

ReputationRep:
    I mean by saying a holy book is rubbish or crap rather than saying what it is that they disagree with
    they disagree with all of it

ReputationRep:
    I love that this is how you deal with not getting the answer you wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me wanted? Really?? I'm not asking people to convert or agree with the bible I'm not even a Christian, this thread was there because I wanted to see weather calling the bible crap would have offended anyone because it really did offend me, maybe if you actually read the tread starter You would of understood I was asking of people's opinions, not demanding to hear that everyone found it offensive

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me wanted? Really?? I'm not asking people to convert or agree with the bible I'm not even a Christian, this thread was there because I wanted to see weather calling the bible crap would have offended anyone because it really did offend me, maybe if you actually read the tread starter You would of understood I was asking of people's opinions, not demanding to hear that everyone found it offensive
    You got peoples' opinions then decided to imply our opinions were useless because they didn't agree with your views.

ReputationRep:
    And you got people's opinions; you even got some quite intricate posts justifying what you found offensive and explaining the other point of view, which seemed to fall on deaf ears. What you didn't get was simple agreement, so you dismissed the views of atheists and invited those of theists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

TO me, that's saying that the opinion of atheists is pointless... Which again is absolutely hypocritical, you start a thread asking a question, get some answers and then say that the majority of those answers are useless.

Not cool dude, not cool.

ReputationRep:
    A few days ago I stumbled upon a thread about religion, someone wrote that religious books are crap, I found this deeply offensive and reported the post, the moderators said they would not ban that post? Am I seriously being unfair? Like there are some religious books which I don't agree with but I'd never say anything bad about them? Like I respect people of all religions, I really was deeply offended by the post but are the tsr moderators being fair?
    Vulguar use of description is probably not respectful. What they mean is those religious books are made up, man made, inherently lying they are divine, and false.

You believe this too right? You say your holy book is true, and the rest are false. So you're calling all of them deluded for believing in a book which claims it is divine by inherently - in your own belief- full of lies?

You might not say it, but that is what you believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    Vulguar use of description is probably not respectful. What they mean is those religious books are made up, man made, inherently lying they are divine, and false.

You believe this too right? You say your holy book is true, and the rest are false. So you're calling all of them deluded for believing in a book which claims it is divine by inherently - in your own belief- full of lies?

You might not say it, but that is what you believe.
    First of all I don't Beleive other religions are lies, you've just assumed that, and someone on tsr who's never met me claims to know what I Beleive? Yh ok

ReputationRep:
    A few days ago I stumbled upon a thread about religion, someone wrote that religious books are crap, I found this deeply offensive and reported the post, the moderators said they would not ban that post? Am I seriously being unfair? Like there are some religious books which I don't agree with but I'd never say anything bad about them? Like I respect people of all religions, I really was deeply offended by the post but are the tsr moderators being fair?
    i don't understand why your getting negged for this! then again i agree with the moderator for not deleting the post .The 'op' is entitled to his opinion, offensive or not, as long as he refrains from singling out a particular religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzl8)
    i don't understand why your getting negged for this! then again i agree with the moderator for not deleting the post .The 'op' is entitled to his opinion, offensive or not, as long as he refrains from singling out a particular religion.
    It's alright thanks anyways

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.