Can you truly express yourself to 140 characters? Watch

ReputationRep:
    April fools joke or not; I think the idea is pretty cool

<3 x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LETSJaM)
    April fools joke or not; I think the idea is pretty cool

<3 x
    It is am april fools? Really ? Thought it was a good idea and makes people get to the point!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Personally, I think 140 characters is far to constrained, even for micro-debating.
    I think it's enough t-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Personally, I think 140 characters is far to constrained, even for micro-debating.
    yes, but theres a glitch with these thread. if you just quote someone then there is no limit on the number of characters

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffff

see!

ReputationRep:
    Despite this being an April fools thing - btw when is it removed?
    I think it should be kept, take it out for a bit, check for any errors etc to make it more "perfect" and bring it back!
    Maybe instead of 140 characters have 200, think it's a pretty cool idea I would like to keep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't know whether a full response could be written in 140 but I think it helps string together thoughts more briefly and concisely,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    Please summarise papal infallability.
    If pope ****s up, God doesn't care because the Pope is awesome.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Dez)
    Why?
    I live by this: "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

ReputationRep:
    There doesn't appear to be any 140 character limit? :sly:

I can only hope that TSR aren't genuinely following in the footsteps of Twitter and that this is just some sort of extended April Fools joke.

Especially if they are planning on progressing this across the entire forum, some discussions do need to use more than 140 characters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astrojg)
    It is am april fools? Really ? Thought it was a good idea and makes people get to the point!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Due to lack of emoticons I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not, so don't know how to respond

<3 x

ReputationRep:
    I'm hungry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    I disagree and think will see this a success and should be rolled out across the whole site.
    Hopefully not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LETSJaM)
    Due to lack of emoticons I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not, so don't know how to respond

<3 x
    I wasn't being sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    There is absolutely no opinion, no expression, no state of mind that requires more than 140 characters to convey. I think.
    If a person needs only 140 characters to express their opinion and keep their state of mind good then they I wouldn't put much stock in either of their opinions or state of mind. Or indeed anything else.

(Original post by RK)
    Shorter, to the point messages are the way forward for young people with limited attention.
    If young people have such short attention spans that they need to reduce their words to 140 characters or less then I weep for the future.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    If a person needs only 140 characters to express their opinion and keep their state of mind good then they I wouldn't put much stock in either of their opinions or state of mind. Or indeed anything else.

If young people have such short attention spans that they need to reduce their words to 140 characters or less then I weep for the future.
    Did you see the date this forum was added and the time/date our comments were made?

ReputationRep:
    Seems to be a bit of an April Fools fail in the sense that a lot of people actually want it to remain!

I see it as quite a nice addition to the site. It's not replacing any other forum or discussion..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    Did you see the date this forum was added and the time/date our comments were made?
    I did but it rings true either way. I do understand you were playing along in accordance to the date. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astrojg)
    I wasn't being sarcastic
    Well then I agree with you.

<3 x

ReputationRep:
    Yes. There's not much point in complaining about a character limit, either, because the rest of the website has no restraints! Go wild!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.