Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    six, just started revision today! I'm planning to do loads of past papers
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by flyawayowl)
    six, just started revision today! I'm planning to do loads of past papers
    I'm the same with the past papers, as I sent myself a target to complete 25 over the Easter break, I only started last Saturday as well. Good luck with your exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only 7 revising like how i did for january

ReputationRep:
    7 if I include the biology practical/write up thing.
    Preparation - paniiiiiiiiiic.
    Not feeling the love for Spanish and German exams - 3 hours each

ReputationRep:
    Final exams: 3
    Preparation: 6h/exam/week

Resit exams: 5
    Preparation: 4h/exam/week

Will halve these when I'm back in college for 6 weeks between easter and study leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    12 exams. C3,C4,FP2,FP3,M2,S2,S3,eco unit 2,3,4 and STEP I,II :P
    Not bad right and just literally revising every minute :/
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ACBLISS)
    12 exams. C3,C4,FP2,FP3,M2,S2,S3,eco unit 2,3,4 and STEP I,II :P
    Not bad right and just literally revising every minute :/
    You machine! I'd probably stop after just a few hours of revision, still not certain if I'm going for STEP or not yet. :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

2 Sociology A2
    1 General Studies A2
    1 General Studies AS
    1 English Lit AS

At the moment I'm getting through a few hours a day of revision for my sociology exams, and currently rereading my novel for English, and creating mindmaps for links on poetry/themes.

The joy of A levels!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    You machine! I'd probably stop after just a few hours of revision, still not certain if I'm going for STEP or not yet. :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol what motivates me is june 25th i'll be free!! :P lool
    Do STEP!!! :O

ReputationRep:
    10 exams

depends on what subject,
    with maths- past papers are key
    with history- just learn the content, the papers are pointless to look at

ReputationRep:
    6 altogether, although one is before the May/June half term, so I tend not to count that one.

3 Maths - S1, C3 (retake, so shouldn't be too hard) and C4
    1 Biology - F215
    2 Psychology - Psy 3 and Psy 4

For Psychology and Biology I've started making notes and aim to have completed this by mid April, when I'll start memorising and then past papers in about mid May.
    Maths - lots and lots of practice questions and past papers; luckily there are 15 past papers available, so lots to do.

ReputationRep:
    2 History, 2 Geography, 3 Biology (including the dreaded EMPA) and 2 Maths....

Revising. There isn't much else to do :/
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ACBLISS)
    Lol what motivates me is june 25th i'll be free!! :P lool
    Do STEP!!! :O
    That is a good point, I'm already doing AEA so STEP on the same day is quite a concern as I don't think I'll be able to handle 6 straight hours of intense maths without burning out at some point, we shall see though as I'm always changing my mind so I might decide next week that I'll go through with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 in total (not including art exam).
    3 Geography (2 retakes - 2 AS and 1 A2) and one English exam (A2).
    Started revising a few days ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I'm the same with the past papers, as I sent myself a target to complete 25 over the Easter break, I only started last Saturday as well. Good luck with your exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha they seem like the best plan! I've made a list of all the past papers for each subject and I'm crossing them off as I go thanks, you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosaknows)
    Haha, no I have 22 gcse exams, sorry didnt realise its an a level forum :/ but either way, I'm still dying :'(
    It's alright but even then 22!!! Howany gcses are you aiming for? Lol it's all worth it in the end aim high!!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by flyawayowl)
    Haha they seem like the best plan! I've made a list of all the past papers for each subject and I'm crossing them off as I go thanks, you too!
    They do indeed as I don't really take much in from reading the information, at least this way I'm getting to the time constraints and the type of questions that could be asked. Also I have made a list really, it's just all in my head and I have a folder solely for Chemistry revision, it has about 50 past papers in and weighs a bloody tonne!! Can't wait to get through it all so I can never EVER do it again

And thanks I'll probably need all the help I can get as I'm easily distracted and procrastinate a lot, like right now instead of doing the papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have 8 exams (2 are AS retakes), and I'm preparing by sleeping until 10:30 when I aimed to get up at 8 to start revision, making notes, panicking that I've forgotten everything, panicking that I won't achieve ABB for university, giving up, and watching Game of Thrones.

But it's only the start of Easter, I'll probably get into a better routine in a few days. At least I hope so

ReputationRep:
    I have 4, one being a resit that might be cancelled if this remark goes up. I started today, did 4 hours for 4 exams, will do the same all week, then have the weekend off.

What I tend to do is read all the revision guides first, this gives me background knowledge of when I come to write my notes, meaning that when I'm in the process of writing notes I would remember most of the page. My actual plan is to read every revision book I have this week, then start writing notes next Monday, hopefully have them finished when I go back to school, or shortly after. Then I will start on the papers up until the exams.

ReputationRep:
    9 exams
    Realising how much maths I have to get through D:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.