Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kousar)
    This thread is making me feel awful! I need to start revising....
    How many exams have you got? Don't stress! Most of my friends haven't started yet, or even most of my year haha

I made the mistake of starting too early with revision for the January exams and I paid the price haha, the ones I studied for the least I managed to get A's...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingGas)
    How many exams have you got? Don't stress! Most of my friends haven't started yet, or even most of my year haha

I made the mistake of starting too early with revision for the January exams and I paid the price haha, the ones I studied for the least I managed to get A's...
    I've got three exams, but they're big ones. For example essay ones. History, English Literature and Ethics. They require alot of memorisation.

ReputationRep:
    Your so lucky you got 1 exam! I reckon you should be able to ace history, I did at GCSE, it was my last exam and I had a whole week that I could dedicate to it, managed my time well and managed to get 100%
    I hope I will! I got 100% in my History GCSE too! :O historygeeks'r'us :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ysgytlaeth)
    I hope I will! I got 100% in my History GCSE too! :O historygeeks'r'us :thumbsup:

Haha My A-level result was decent I got a B, only because the topic we did for January had no revision guides, the exam board wouldn't make any because it wasn't a popular course. But I'm happy with a B, dropping it at A2 as my uni does not require it, I need my other subjects more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kousar)
    I've got three exams, but they're big ones. For example essay ones. History, English Literature and Ethics. They require alot of memorisation.
    Three exams are decent to have in the summer, most people have 6+, what do you have in mind on revision, how much work/hours are you planning to do?

ReputationRep:
    11 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Eight hours of revision a day.
    I revise two subjects each day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Are you guys talking about GCSE's or A Levels?
    A Levels, what are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanbabbar./)
    Eight hours of revision a day.
    I revise two subjects each day.
    Nice, how many exams do you have this summer?

ReputationRep:
    About 4/5/6..it varies! I have 4 exams too! (Not counting 2 Spanish speakings)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice, how many exams do you have this summer?
    Six, hbyou?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devina-S)
    About 4/5/6..it varies! I have 4 exams too! (Not counting 2 Spanish speakings)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I may bump my hours up to 5, not sure though. At the moment 4 seems to fit me well as I don't wan't to burn out too soon! When are you planning to have your days off this Easter, that's if your going to have any days off?

ReputationRep:
    Not enough.

ReputationRep:
    I have a huge organised list and revision timetable. But I recently discovered the Walking Dead. Therefore, I'm doing absolutely nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I may bump my hours up to 5, not sure though. At the moment 4 seems to fit me well as I don't wan't to burn out too soon! When are you planning to have your days off this Easter, that's if your going to have any days off?
    Do what you feel is best for you On the weekend, my Spanish friend is coming and I'm going with him for "support" since he's auditioning for the X factor hahahaha! Those are probably my only days off (and evenings!) What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Three exams are decent to have in the summer, most people have 6+, what do you have in mind on revision, how much work/hours are you planning to do?
    I totally understand, but people with 6+ are either resitting or take exams which contain lots of modules. I had to put up with coursework!

I never plan say, for example, how many hours to do a day. I usually make a tick list for what to do everyday. And I've for some reason not even managed that this year. Last year for AS I was top notch with all this. I reckon it's partly due to driving lessons and a new job I've got but still no excuse. PS- got my revision books infront of me but not starting making notes :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    I'm doing GCSE's :work: How many hours do you think I should do? I'm planning to do 13 hrs each day - I have 13 exams by the way. Thanks in advance. Jatz
    Oh, those were the days....

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have 7 AS exams and 1 gcse re-take.
    There's a lot of continent to learn for my exams especially history and geography so I spend good 4/6 each day during holidays now. I'm trying not to go over the top

ReputationRep:
    I'm not setting hours, I'm doing it by topics/units. I don't want to have to stop halfway something just because I've done the hours.
    I finish when I finish :lol:

-- Varying from 3 - 9 depending on what I get and what I don't..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devina-S)
    Do what you feel is best for you On the weekend, my Spanish friend is coming and I'm going with him for "support" since he's auditioning for the X factor hahahaha! Those are probably my only days off (and evenings!) What about you?
    The X factor oh wow haha My days off are the weekend, gives me something to look forward to when I'm revising, acts as a motivational factor to revise, (I have the evenings off too!) I also tend to get up early and start early so that I get my revision for the day finished at around 3 or 4 pm.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.