Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This government is ramming through cuts as it knows it wont win next election!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Nope, it's just ideologically decided. Tories have this image that anyone on benefits is a scrounger and anyone with billions in overseas bank accounts is a national treasure.

As a Labour man I can understand that cuts may be needed, but it's the Tory policy for you. I don't think they particularly care whether or not they win the election at the minute, this is the way they believe it should be and hopefully by the time of the GE the majority of the public will forget what happened in 2013.

And remember even if labour get in they won't be changing anything back. This needs to happen. Even labour know it.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why people are against the OP? David Cameron signed his 'election loss' warrant long ago. Period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    And remember even if labour get in they won't be changing anything back. This needs to happen. Even labour know it.
    Look that is true its going to be near impossible for labor to change these cuts as this DISGUSTING government have spent alot for it to make it hard to reverse the changes but some stuff will be changed that's for sure

ReputationRep:
    How do you reverse privatisation exactly? Buy back at a higher rate? You're right, these cuts are going to happen but I trust labour to distribute them more fairly than the Tories are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THECHOOSENONE)
    Look that is true its going to be near impossible for labor to change these cuts as this DISGUSTING government have spent alot for it to make it hard to reverse the changes but some stuff will be changed that's for sure

Not really. It had to happen. And it is happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    How do you reverse privatisation exactly? Buy back at a higher rate? You're right, these cuts are going to happen but I trust labour to distribute them more fairly than the Tories are.

How exactly have they been distributed unfairly?

ReputationRep:
    Not really. It had to happen. And it is happening.
    Look dont worry Mr Cameron will be kicked out I want you to remember I said that on the 02/04/2013 so when it happens I will Private msg you on here.

Also do you think Cameron and co will win the next election??

ReputationRep:
    Look dont worry Mr Cameron will be kicked out I want you to remember I said that on the 02/04/2013 so when it happens I will Private msg you on here.

Labour won't do much different. The problems are systemic within capitalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kibalchich)
    Labour won't do much different. The problems are systemic within capitalism.
    Would that be the capitalism that pays for our welfare state?

ReputationRep:
    The capitalism that keeps many unemployed and in some cases unemployable.

ReputationRep:

Well they have promised us a referendum on the EU. And by the time the elections come round the economy would've picked up significantly and they would've reduced the deficit. So don't right them off just yet.They've won me over.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you keep saying "looooool"?

ReputationRep:
    Why did Mr Cameron not get a majority in 2010??? simple question all the indicators where in his favor
    One of the major reasons was that it required the Tories to be 8% ahead to have a majority of 1.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Have you a point to make?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    The capitalism that keeps many unemployed and in some cases unemployable.
    You'll have to explain that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Have you a point to make?
    I though I'd made it. Capitalism pays the welfare bill. If you're advocating a communist society you may want to read up on world events. It hasn't quite worked out.

ReputationRep:
    I though I'd made it. Capitalism pays the welfare bill. If you're advocating a communist society you may want to read up on world events. It hasn't quite worked out.
    Why is Cameron pressing ahead with these cuts?

In 2014 he hopes Scotland becomes independent as that country votes against the Westminster machine. Result is 50 Labour MPs less at Westminster. Enough for another Tory majority maybe?

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you go back to look at what I actually wrote.

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to explain that.
    I assume he means "the reserve army of the unemployed". Capitalism does not seek full employment as that would mean labour would have more leverage in terms of demanding wages and conditions.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you go back to look at what I actually wrote.
    I did. You were implying capitalism was the problem. I highlighted that it's because of capitalism we can afford a welfare bill. You disagreed. What are you advocating?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.