Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scariest film(s) you have seen? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euthymic)
    "I Spit On Your Grave" is just something else
    It was not scary tbh, more entertaining weirdly enough.

ReputationRep:
    The women in black isn't scary, its just horrifying that a writer could come up with that plot. Suicidal children?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linnerzx)
    Oh my god please don't watch it, it's horrendous!! I thought the same... But you actually do not want to see it, you just think you do but if you really knew what happened you would change your mind! I had to run to the toilet at the end because I thought I was going to be physically sick afterwards, and I find watching films like Saw dead easy (Probably shouldn't have eaten dairy milk Oreo whilst watching it I guess).

I literally can't find any films that really scare me anymore. I used to think Amytville Horror (remake) and the Grudge 2 were terrifying when they first came out but have watched them since and hardly jumped! Paranormal activity 2 is probably the last scary film I watched which prevented me from sleeping easy afterwards.
    I'll take your word for it lol. I searched A Serbian Film on Google it and they explained the plot on Wikipedia, the director needs to get shot - I actually think The Human Centipede is tame compared to what I've read.

ReputationRep:
    "Deathgirl" - terrifying someone could come up with such idea...

Probably "Amityville". But I do watch a lot of "scary movies" and it's hard to find any make you wanna scream at present...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suncake)
    The Woman In Black did not scare me at all... I found it pretty predictable and cliched :ninja:

Nearly pooped my pants at The Cabin in the Woods though, but maybe that was a result of pure surprise and excessive gore :lol:
    I agree the film is very clichéd, but I have seen it twice in theatre, the first time It scared the crap out of me, because there where times when I was like 2 feet away from here( front AA seats), so I kept feeling like she was going to appear behind me or next to me. The second time I found it mildly amusing yet still creepy.

When I was about 8-9 I watched pan labyrinth, which the eye in the hand creature really creeped me out... And I think I cried when the girl died?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvocatDuDiable)
    Evil Dead. It's not really scary but the scene when the women suddenly transformed into a demon made me jump like a *****.
    There's a remake ... and it has had good reviews :eek: The trailer looks brilliant too

Mine has to be 'The Descent' I was 12 when I saw it and my step-dad jumped out at me when it got scary. Every time I see that part now I **** myself :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    I'll take your word for it lol. I searched A Serbian Film on Google it and they explained the plot on Wikipedia, the director needs to get shot - I actually think The Human Centipede is tame compared to what I've read.
    You are completely correct, I think I can now watch any film, human centipede included, fine now after that. Before the film starts the director had a talk about why he filmed it etc... You know your film must be pretty bad if you have to justify it before anyone watches it! It's supposed to be a reference to how the government 'rapes' Serbia... Or something. I try not to think about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ⱴalentina)
    Without any spoilers, What is the Scariest film(s) you have seen and Why?

Mine are The
    Woman in Black, and I'm Watching Cassadaga this very moment, it's ​ Horrifying!

Both are about Ghosts, and have some Gruesome things in them.

Your Turn
    The Woman in Black was absolutely terrifying
    The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas also - not because it was scary as such - but because it was so horrifying that I could hardly sleep that night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateMelody)
    The Woman in Black was absolutely terrifying
    The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas also - not because it was scary as such - but because it was so horrifying that I could hardly sleep that night!
    I love boy in the striped pyjamas! Really helps you see what you take for granted in life, so emotional

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the exorcism of emily rose *shivers*

ReputationRep:
    Since watching paranormal activity I can literally handle everything. Yeah, I may be a little on edge for the first night, but after that I'm perfectly fine

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.