Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nuke New York City Or Kill Family? watch

ReputationRep:
    Love the fame. Sorry ny lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baines3)
    Can I not nuke the rest of America as well?
    Ahahaa. If only lol. Joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    There are two options, only one choice.

1. Choose to have New York City nuked (and your family is saved),

OR,

2. Choose to have your family killed (and New York City and its inhabitants are saved).

There are only two options and you must choose one or the other, no improvisations.

In short, keep New York safe or keep your family safe?

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoGoodOnesLeft)
    Kill my family, its for the greater good. Nuking new york wouldnt just effect the city, it would effect global trade etc etc, not to mention the hundreds of millions effected by radiation poisoning, the death of wildlife etc etc. It would effect millions of families, and it is not my place to say those families are any less valuable than my own so yup. Cold as it is, my family
    That is the most retarded thing I have ever read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonoahx)
    If there were only two options, which would be impossible, I'd kill my family, mainly because nuking New York would kill so many, regardless of whether I knew them or not. It may also end up with mutually assured destruction, which would mean my family would probably die anyway. I'd want my family to know why before, though.

If the usual forces of nature were still applicable to me, I'd kill myself. There'd be much less loss of life than either option if only I died.

If I could warn New York that I have been forced to take two options or something like the entire world will be blown up, and manage to have everyone evacuate the city, I'd nuke New York.
    No loopholes. I was explicit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordVoldemort1)
    :lolwut:
    You seem shocked. Forty posters managed to effortlessly post and respond without being freaked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiska)
    I'd say kill me and let New York and my family go, I couldn't make a decision like that :/
    Enjoying your splinters?

ReputationRep:
    I'd just kill myself tbh. Couldn't live with either decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zz_)
    'the world' doesn't feel. if i kill my family i can't sleep at night, and when i do i probably have nightmares. if i nuke NY, a lot of people i've never heard of feel pain, but their pain is not my pain. i'd get over it.

i swear i'm not this cold and heartless all the time
    You can get over being responsible for killins millions of people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    No loopholes. I was explicit.
    You said choose to have New York nuked, you didn't say anything about choosing to have the citizens of New York die.

ReputationRep:
    Option 1 (nuke NYC, save family).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonoahx)
    You said choose to have New York nuked, you didn't say anything about choosing to have the citizens of New York die.
    'Twas implied. Clearly if New York was empty, it wouldn't be so hard a decision to make to nuke it. Really, it's a choice between the loss of millions of lives and an iconic city amongst other things or the loss of your loved ones.

ReputationRep:
    What happens if you just stand there and choose nothing???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's quite a poser this one.

If you take it at face value, it's an easy decision- nuke NYC. You won't see the pain and suffering first hand and even when you see it on the news, you'll know you saved your family.

Hooooowever, when you start to think about it, how much would wiping NYC off the face of the earth affect the world? The financial markets would go down **** creek and there will not be a paddle in sight. With the financial markets collapsed, the world will spiral in to turmoil, looting, mass food shortages, every one fending for themselves...at least you've got your family right?

Regrettably, my family would have to go. Whilst they're an important part of my life, they're not my sole reason for existence and thus, adios familios.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    You can get over being responsible for killins millions of people?
    absolutely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    so what? They have been pushing others around for so long, it's about time karma balanced the books.

You can't act like a bully, and not expect the the cows to come home to roost.
    The Chinese government perhaps, but calling every Chinese person a bully isn't really right. That aside I'm not the person with that problem so you're quoting the wrong guy

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to kill my family. It's selfish to cause millions of people suffering for the sake of avoiding the same suffering yourself. I'd be suffering either way anyway so I might as well free all of those people from feeling the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottled)
    The Chinese government perhaps, but calling every Chinese person a bully isn't really right. That aside I'm not the person with that problem so you're quoting the wrong guy
    I was referring to the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    I was referring to the US.
    Oh. They're the biggest bullies of them all. Don't get me started on obama

ReputationRep:
    I'd nuke my family

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.