Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting into that perfect little pink dress :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feministmermaid)
    DON'T DO THIS. As a woman, your wieght is empowering, and the moment you get rid of it you conform to western standards of beauty and men's desires. You really need feminism in your life to save you...
    Almost sounds like religion

Weight is certainly empowering if you can block an oncoming car to save the little kids crossing the street.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Lost half a stone and a bit in 5 weeks and I was slimmer of the week at slimming world, this is a big deal to me thought I'd share a good thing x
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    Lost half a stone and a bit in 5 weeks and I was slimmer of the week at slimming world, this is a big deal to me thought I'd share a good thing x
    :awesome:

Also loving all of the pandas around your profile :gah:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    :awesome:

Also loving all of the pandas around your profile :gah:
    Ha I love pandas my friends have a drinking game that whenever I mention them they have to take a drink. Not real pandas mind you just my cuddley ones

And I'm really pleased I still get to eat cheese all in moderation :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Now hit the 10 1/2 pound mark of weight lost, well done me
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hey it's been a while since I've posted on here but now that I'm doing the transformation comp I should get back on it!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Lost 1lb at Slimming World on Tuesday night, been to the gym on Monday and going again tonight, with classes booked Sunday, Monday and Thursday.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Lost another 1lb even with a weekend of heavy drinking

I'll eventually get back to where I was before I moved to London and hopefully then some!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    My main issue is I lack motivation, I start something and get bored. And cheese. I blooming love cheese.
    With fitness I'm the same. The only time I've ever had success is when I've made something a habit. And that's generally when it's become more than 50% of my week. Which sounds like a lot, but it's not

E.g. I used to go to the gym 3 - 4 times a week before work. It sounds like a lot, but I only did 20 - 30 mins so it never felt like a chore. It was basically just a little work out and a shower. Which had much more impact than a once a week 1 - 2 hour session - not just because it wasn't as effective, but also because I just couldn't be bothered after 6 days of not going. Or walking home rather than getting a bus (from Clapham Junction, not Brighton!!)

Anyway, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    Subbed

But seriously, welcome to the club Have you heard of a website called "My fitness pal"? I would highly recommend it as it allows you to really calorie count to quite a lot of detail :yep: I've been doing it since December and lost almost 2 stones :gah:
    IVE been using it also! Been using it 2 weeks and have lost 7 pounds!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.