Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah07171)
    Once again I was not referring to your post, I referring to someone earlier who thought having sex is like eating.

Safe sex does not still prevent pregnancies in all cases, I think you should research that.

Final paragraph very defensive, wow, maybe the only reason you get to know the opposite sex is just because you want them in bed.

I've changed a lot since I was 22 by the way.
    Sex is like eating... it's exactly like eating. Our bodies are programmed to want to eat just like they are to have sex.
    If you're careful in your practice of safe sex you can make sure you don't get a girl pregnant. She's not gonna get pregnant if you use a condom (and it doesn't split) or if you don't ejaculate inside her. I don't know what else there is to it..

See what I mean about you like to jump to a conclusion.. Maybe the only reason you say that is because you only want them in your bed. (Yeah, that does sound stupid doesn't it).

I'm sure you have and I'm sure I will. I'm also pretty certain that I will enjoy and keep having sex for as long as I can and it makes me happy without harming anyone else.

It's the only exercise I get. Lol. Joke.

Bad?...nah its natural.

ReputationRep:
    I find that the only people who whine about people having casual sex are the people who are sexually frustrated.

That and religious nuts. Neither are mutually exclusive.

Sex isn't bad. Unless it's not done safely.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I guess different people view it differently. I personally don't think it is right to have casual sex or one night stands and that it should be saved for when in a relationship. Then again i have never had sex (for that reason) so who am i to judge other people :cute:
    I don't like the way it has become a big deal now, to the extent where people as young as 14/15 are worrying about still being virgin. I think it has become too accepted to sleep around with random people, especially at ages where tbh they shouldn't be making those kind of decisions

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonobo

This is considered one of the most peaceful communities in nature, and it is almost entirely sex-based. I'm not saying that humans should model themselves on Bonobo's, but I certainly don't believe that sex is a 'bad' thing.

ReputationRep:
    Sex is what defines us, without sex, we would be nothing!

I have heard of transvestites getting a sex change and they haven't been able to orgasm again which in turn drove them to the point of suicide..

I can fully understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzle223)
    Sex is like eating... it's exactly like eating. Our bodies are programmed to want to eat just like they are to have sex.
    If you're careful in your practice of safe sex you can make sure you don't get a girl pregnant. She's not gonna get pregnant if you use a condom (and it doesn't split) or if you don't ejaculate inside her. I don't know what else there is to it..

See what I mean about you like to jump to a conclusion.. Maybe the only reason you say that is because you only want them in your bed. (Yeah, that does sound stupid doesn't it).

I'm sure you have and I'm sure I will. I'm also pretty certain that I will enjoy and keep having sex for as long as I can and it makes me happy without harming anyone else.
    Only thing is if you don't eat you will die, if you do not have sex will you die?

Just as I thought you seem like the type who bases all relationships with the opposite sex around sex. All I'm hearing are excuses for you to make yourself feel better about whoring yourself around. Enjoy your life kid, and keep it safe ; ) I'm sure if something goes wrong you will do the right thing...

ReputationRep:
    Only thing is if you don't eat you will die, if you do not have sex will you die?

Just as I thought you seem like the type who bases all relationships with the opposite sex around sex. All I'm hearing are excuses for you to make yourself feel better about whoring yourself around. Enjoy your life kid, and keep it safe ; ) I'm sure if something goes wrong you will do the right thing...
    Yes. We will die if we don't have sex. The human race will die out.

I still don't see how you have come to that conclusion at all? You have some serious issues with judgement or you're just trying to wined me up.

I will enjoy my life. Hopefully one day you meet the girl of your dreams, marry her and lose your virginity. Then maybe you'll realise why people enjoy having sex.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. We will die if we don't have sex. The human race will die out.

I still don't see how you have come to that conclusion at all? You have some serious issues with judgement or you're just trying to wined me up.

I will enjoy my life. Hopefully one day you meet the girl of your dreams, marry her and lose your virginity. Then maybe you'll realise why people enjoy having sex.
    Once again proving my point. If you're not whoring yourself around you must be a virgin and miserable right?

Sex for pleasure is not the same as sex to reproduce by the way. Good luck in being a whore and maintaining a healthy relationship with your future spouse, I'm sure you can use the "sex is like food" line when you inevitably cheat on her

ReputationRep:
    What can go wrong though?

Providing you both know what you're getting into and are completely honest with eachother there isn't much that can go wrong.

It's only when people are confused about their relationship that it could be a problem. And if that is the case then someone hasn't been honest.
    Pregnancy...

ReputationRep:
    I'm always amazed at how people manage to make the jump between sex and morality. The two things are completely mutually exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    I agree with this totally... By all means do what you want to do. But bragging about it/constantly bringing it up as a topic that nobody is interested in is very irritating.

It's as equally as pathetic as constantly bragging that you have more bathrooms in your house than somebody else. Nobody cares.
    You're just bitter because you only have one bathroom. Please learn to accept the bathrooms of others.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't just referring to your point, but others who think sex is just like eating lmao. Safe sex still does not cover the part with pregnancy.

How about getting to know people first, forming a relationship with them instead of jumping in bed with them? I'm 24 I hope the younger generations social skills have not devolved into it being just based around sex??
    Have you ever heard of a straw man argument? I have always felt that it should be recommended reading before you are allowed to post on the internet, since so many people fail so miserably to grasp how it works.

ReputationRep:
    Sex is normal and fun, and I wish there wasn't so much stigma around it.

Staying safe, emotionally and physically, is important though, so protect yourself.

I'm not really into ONS, I like to have sex with someone I have strong feelings for, a boyfriend or someone I trust.

And it's oh so good :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    I'm always amazed at how people manage to make the jump between sex and morality. The two things are completely mutually exclusive.
    That is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Sex is obviously intertwined with morality. Do you really believe that by having sex with another person, you can't affect them in any way? As that's the only circumstance it would be "mutually exclusive". Since we should all know better, and understand there can be emotional and circumstantial issues that then cause ethical issues to arise, morals very much come into play..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    This. No more rep left, but I'd rep you twice if I could.

I judge people on their current behaviour, not their sex life. Having lots of sex doesn't make you 'bad' anymore that not having any makes you 'good'.

ReputationRep:
    Once again proving my point. If you're not whoring yourself around you must be a virgin and miserable right?

Sex for pleasure is not the same as sex to reproduce by the way. Good luck in being a whore and maintaining a healthy relationship with your future spouse, I'm sure you can use the "sex is like food" line when you inevitably cheat on her
    You're assuming he will 'inevitably' cheat on a future spouse because he like sex and think it's important :confused:

Sex is important to me. I wouldn't be able to stay in a sexless marriage or relationship.

I'm also very loyal. I don't believe in cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    Sex is a perfectly natural thing and I think it's fine to have as much (safe) sex as you want.
    Personally, I wouldn't have sex with anyone like a one-night stand or anything, but I don't condone those who do.
    I would only have sex if I knew I had strong feelings for the person and i thought they felt the same way about me.
    You've either used the wrong word or are very confused about your own position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainingshame)
    You've either used the wrong word or are very confused about your own position.
    Im with you on that haha

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your background really
    religiously it is considered a bad thing
    in today's non-religious society sex is only judged by law or by social situations

Really having sex and being single isn't something that be frowned upon and shouldn't be prejudiced against. People have their reasons for having sex; some good some bad. I think the issue is not having sex it's about how it's perceived.
    Media plays a huge part in our overall view of single sex, from what I gather shows create the image that it's what everyone does all the time (big bang theory anyone?). However news channels and documentaries create the image that under-age sex is like a virus taking over the world and that soon every 13 year old will be sex maniacs.
    Honestly I don't think it's fair how other people can easily manipulate our way of thinking and automatically make us judge others. I think we should never pre-judge others; we should only ever make thoughts about someone after actually talking to them in person about many things (including things like sex)
    So I conclude that we should all sit down and have a cup of tea together and get along...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.