Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Really embarrassing muscles watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey mate I'm also a indian that doesn't eat meat or eggs, and I was extremely weak (couldn't do a press up), for a bit I even considered quitting being vegetarian (as my family do eat meat) but found it extremely disgusting due to moral issues. In the end I would recommend getting this, http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutr.../10530026.html
    Its basically a protein shake with 50/50 proportion of casein and whey (fast and slow release proteins perfect for beginners) and have 2 scoops a day (2 shakes) with skimmed milk and your protein consumption will shoot up. I understand you live at home so you may not have much control over what you have for dinner but you can always control what you snack on and your lunch and breakfast. Buy some half fat cheese, its loaded with protein and not much calories and make cheese sandwiches for lunch or something similar, as for snacks eat light cottage cheese with crackers or fat free greek yoghurt with fruit or any fat free dairy is basically loaded with protein, also for breakfast you can have things like tofu scramble which is delicious and loaded with protein or porridge with a scoop of protein powder and milk if in a hurry, overall mate your fat reduced dairy consumption and protein powder will not put you at any major disadvantage to meat eaters, however plant proteins are sometimes not complete and not as effective but still vital if you're vegetarian but dairy protein is the best if you're vegetarian, and protein shakes are a life saver which are very convenient and a cheap way to get protein, good luck mate and if you have any question just ask as I've been through/going through it.

ReputationRep:
    Mate read this http://scoobysworkshop.com/vegetarianism/

ReputationRep:
    Eat cottage cheese and Paneer etc.

ReputationRep:
    cut out the saalan.

stick to some solid cardio

take some mass gainer

lift heavy and lift hard.

peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring1)
    I tried doing some weights today... I tried to curl 5kg dumbells. I was able to do it with my right arm, but my left arm couldn't do one curl without using my entire arm.
    Switch to masturbating with your left hand. It should even things up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ce303ce303)
    How do you expect to grow muscle if you don't eat any protein?
    Animal products aren't the only food items that contain protein :confused:

(Original post by Smack)
    Quit the vegetarianism for starters.
    Excuse me? I am a vegetarian and can definitely lift more than 5kg. Don't use his vegetarianism as a scapegoat. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopefulMidwife)
    Animal products aren't the only food items that contain protein :confused:

Excuse me? I am a vegetarian and can definitely lift more than 5kg. Don't use his vegetarianism as a scapegoat. Thanks.
    His vegetarianism is a crucial factor though, anyway you can probably lift more than the OP because you've got more weight behind you (are your arms bigger than his?)

ReputationRep:
    I used to be really weak too.

But then I started doing exercises to build up muscle, now they look quite decent. I am a vegetarian too.

Just build it up slowly, do it frequently and persevere until you get the body you want

If you have an unhealthy diet change that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopefulMidwife)
    How do you know that?

Stop talking rubbish, please?
    It's a lot easier to get protein if you consume meat and fish. Let's not argue about the details.

I admire vegetarians and would consider it one day. My angle would be based on all the drugs and chemicals pumped in to everything from chickens to beef. These definitely enter our diet. Also the welfare aspect. Modern meat is a poor excuse to the quality organic meat that our ancestors had in the past. Even the bloody fish are poisoned by mercury and fertilizer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.