Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Funding A Second Degree In Nursing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dg2009)
    Right using the SLC calculator I enter that I already have a degree, that I'm applying to nursing and it's a professional qualification.

If I select no to professional qualification

Does this mean I might get nothing other than the bursary?
    Can I ask where you found this calculator? The one I've done on SFE always tells me up eligible for up to 8,200 which I know if for non-NHS students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsRaine)
    Can I ask where you found this calculator? The one I've done on SFE always tells me up eligible for up to 8,200 which I know if for non-NHS students.
    The maintenence loan is ~ £2300 for NHS students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubble87)
    The maintenence loan is ~ £2300 for NHS students.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hi leoleanne...my situation is the same as u ,but i want to study radiographer ,if u don't mind ,how many % or how much they give u when u say full reduced maintenance loan.?

ReputationRep:
    My son is in a similar situation. He has a Bsc, and now has begun a nursing degree. He's been told he'll receive full tuition fees, but only £3,000 maintenance loan. He's very worried now, as travel costs and parking alone will gobble this up. He feels that once placements begin, he won't be able to fit in part time work to support himself.

Is there any other funding available? He's 23.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gravitytolls)
    My son is in a similar situation. He has a Bsc, and now has begun a nursing degree. He's been told he'll receive full tuition fees, but only £3,000 maintenance loan. He's very worried now, as travel costs and parking alone will gobble this up. He feels that once placements begin, he won't be able to fit in part time work to support himself.

Is there any other funding available? He's 23.
    He will be able to claim back some travel expenses when he is on placement. That should help him out a bit.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.