Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please do legalise them it will be another dose of potassium chloride for the once the great nations of earth, I mean the European ones by the way. Please do add grease to the pendulum that is swinging to the east.

ReputationRep:
    Let's legalise smack, crack, meth and phet! BRILLIANT IDEA!

A country full of addicts! Excuse the pun, but let's get cracking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    No, not all of them anyway. It wouldn't be nice seeing a kid on the street with heroin in his hands.
    There's more chance of a kid having it while it's illegal I think. A herion dealer doesn't give a sh*t who he sells too.

I could buy weed whenever I want since I was 12. Alcohol was a lot harder to get and a lot less common amoungst the crowd I was with in my teens. I never bought my own alcohol until I was old enough.

ReputationRep:
    man reading through this thread was a right laugh, bunch of kids talking about **** they have no clue about, first off, from someone is 22 and have watched numerous people who have smoked weed since school and i still see them now and there still on it, weed is the worse of all the drugs as its a gateway, you start weed then you ALWAYS move on to something else to go with it, thats not from some stupid study bla bla thats real life seen it with my own eyes, to people also saying weed doesnt **** you up, everyone of those people im talking a good 20 are just slightly anxious people, look a tad scruffy, whos lifes are dependant on when there smoking there joints and its all they care about, some know there addicted and see how it effects them and i think will sort themselves out, others tho, they say they could quit anytime but there not going to as they like it and it does not effect them at all, there the ones it has messed up. But yeah legalising drugs in Britain stop referencing other countrys in this country A and E would be full of people losing there minds on shrooms, hearts exploding all over the place **** would be crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edithwashere)
    I know a fair few people who grow or have grown weed in the past, and a common one nowadays (particularly where I'm from, south west London) is spraying them with cheap hairspray. Because the trichomes (the bit with the most THC) look similar to the crystals that sugar water or hairspray can make, it makes the product look better, so dodgy dealers can sell it for more money to hapless youngsters.

I have also heard (through word of mouth, no idea of accuracy) of an instance where a creepy dealer sprayed green with roofies to take advantage of some girl, but it didn't do anything. Never heard of it being sprayed with drugs that cause mental illness, do you have a source?

As somebody with severe mental health issues who medicates them entirely (and in my and my doctor's opinion, successfully) with cannabis, I am aware of the paranoia and psychotic episodes that it can inflict. HOWEVER, every case I've ever heard of this happening has a) been with young males, perhaps suggesting the developing brain is more affected than the adult brain, and b) has been with chronic overuse. Some people smoke weed all day every day, and it really can mess you up. But it's the same as alcohol, and food, and anything else you take into your body - it has to be in moderation. You wouldn't drink a bottle of vodka for breakfast, but a glass of wine at night with dinner is still fine. Same kinda goes for the green.

As for skunk, it's a lot stronger than "old timer puff", which generally was Thai and nowhere near as strong. But it's still perfectly fine and nowhere near as strong as some of the non-skunk blends I've tried in Amsterdam, as long as you use it responsibly and don't smoke excessively. I personally think the biggest problem is that due to the tobacco "culture" in the UK, most young newbie tokers are smoking as many doobies as they might cigarettes.
    except for you alot of truth there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilikenamitha)
    Who is the state to prohibit drug use?
    I thought by the title of this thread that you were about to have a compendious debate about the legalization of drugs. Then you go and spoil it with this.

Also, there's a difference between legalization and decriminalization - which I think would be more fitting with some drugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_louise21)
    No... Im sure people can live without drugs! .... Many people who take drugs I guarentee you complain that they have no money and how their country is crap and therefore they are resorted to taking drugs....yet theres people in third world countries with absolutely nowhere near have anything to the likes that we have....
    No to drugs... sick of the excuses people come up with for needing them and then blame everyone else for their financial situation yet they have money for drugs? errrr no!
    You are obviously not even comprehending the consequences of people taking drugs! There not only a danger to themelves but others around them...there is and there will never be an excuse to take drugs! People want everything legalised these days and their arses wiped....stand on your own two feet and take responsibility !
    Replace every word "drugs" with "alcohol" in these two posts, and maybe you'll see how absolutely idiotic your arguments are. Unless you're for making alcohol illegal as well?

Either way, sweeping generalisations here, not to mention a load of irrelevant bull****. What does "standing on your own two feet" and "taking responsibility" have to do with legalising drugs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    Replace every word "drugs" with "alcohol" in these two posts, and maybe you'll see how absolutely idiotic your argument are. Unless you're for making alcohol illegal as well?

Either way, sweeping generalisations here, not to mention a load of irrelevant bull****. What does "standing on your own two feet" and "taking responsibility" have to do with legalising drugs.
    Here here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    No, not all drugs. But I'd go as far to legalise some harder drugs and tax them at an extortionate rate to discourage people from buying them.
    results in a black market

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziggy2252)
    except for you alot of truth there.
    :curious: what do you mean, "except for you"? Bit unnecessary don't you think

ReputationRep:
    People want everything legalised these days and their arses wiped....stand on your own two feet and take responsibility !
    Ah come on, this nannying is going too far, many people prefer to sit when wiping their arses. How do you expect us to take responsibility when you insist on the state taking responsibility for what we do with our own bodies?

ReputationRep:
    should weed be made legal in the uk?
    I believe it should as it has many benefits such as, medical reasons (load of them) the THC proven to help you consotion more on what you are doing during that time(proven) crime rate would drop due to the lack of motivation you get while on it (use in controlled amounts to stop this effect)
    there are of course some bad effects to this use of weed
    but isn't there all with every drug?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edithwashere)
    :curious: what do you mean, "except for you"? Bit unnecessary don't you think
    not at all.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, maybe we should all take drugs and go around in constant highs not really caring if we live or die if we carry on. Not caring at all in fact until the next high comes along.

Meanwhile the world economy spirals downwards out of control because no one is turning up for work, no one is turning up for school, no one is earning money, there is no one to pay tax which will go towards benefits for the people not earning money. The value of the pound, euro, dollar constantly drops until in the end the world is in a state of poverty.

Great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Americandream)
    Oh yes, maybe we should all take drugs and go around in constant highs not really caring if we live or die if we carry on. Not caring at all in fact until the next high comes along.

Meanwhile the world economy spirals downwards out of control because no one is turning up for work, no one is turning up for school, no one is earning money, there is no one to pay tax which will go towards benefits for the people not earning money. The value of the pound, euro, dollar constantly drops until in the end the world is in a state of poverty.

Great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, because the only thing stopping the entire world from becoming drug addicts is the threat of imprisonment. Derp.

ReputationRep:
    I think most people agree it would be better to legalize/decriminalize drugs. But how do you go about helping forward that, that's the problem.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.