Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChooChooCherry)
    do u know where i can find the mark scheme for f212 jan 13? its not on that scribd website :'(
    Just uploaded it for you, enjoy; http://www.scribd.com/doc/143448046/...e-January-2013

ReputationRep:
    hereF212_MS_Jan13.pdf u go:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys as silly as this is i haven't started revision for f212 (been ill and other exams ) and I'm being overwhelmed by the content as I presently try and make a timetable for it ? Anytips on how to cram or any predictions on what will come up ? Please and thankyou xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gizmomaster)
    Just uploaded it for you, enjoy; http://www.scribd.com/doc/143448046/...e-January-2013
    i love you

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know about metabolism, I dont think i see it on spec.

ReputationRep:
    what i think might come up:
    biochemical tests for molecules
    dna
    enzymes
    smoking (health and disease and all that)
    evolution, adaptation, classification & biodiversity (as there was barely any in jan 2013)

just my predictions

ReputationRep:
    anything else, feel free to add.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know where i can download the jan 2013 paper?

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember anything about the immune system or biodiversity or classification. Seriously, for me it's so boring; it won't stay in my head. I prefer the biochemistry stuff much, much more (probably because I do chemistry too).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    I can't remember anything about the immune system or biodiversity or classification. Seriously, for me it's so boring; it won't stay in my head. I prefer the biochemistry stuff much, much more (probably because I do chemistry too).
    I find that stuff boring too! My teacher was really vague going through it too so I'm having to practically teach myself it all again.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there's ever been a question on the evidence for DNA semi-conservative replication? We learnt about it in class but its so confusing, and there's nothing about it on the spec so wondering if i need to go over it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraDaniel)
    I find that stuff boring too! My teacher was really vague going through it too so I'm having to practically teach myself it all again.
    I know - that's what I've been doing, teaching myself it all again. One of my teachers (who we have the food and health and biodiveristy stuff with) just barks the bloody information at us, gives us a handout of the presentation slides (which the text is too small to read anyway) and dismisses us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloemily)
    Does anyone know if there's ever been a question on the evidence for DNA semi-conservative replication? We learnt about it in class but its so confusing, and there's nothing about it on the spec so wondering if i need to go over it?
    Evidence for DNA semi-conservative replication? Never heard anything about evidence for it, just the actual process. If it's not on the spec. I don't think the exam boards can ask you about it anyway

ReputationRep:
    I know - that's what I've been doing, teaching myself it all again. One of my teachers (who we have the food and health and biodiveristy stuff with) just barks the bloody information at us, gives us a handout of the presentation slides (which the text is too small to read anyway) and dismisses us.
    That's not a fair way of teaching, revision should be going over things, not teaching yourself all over again!

ReputationRep:
    That's not a fair way of teaching, revision should be going over things, not teaching yourself all over again!
    Well she explains it so fast and misses out a lot of important information that I might as well teach it all again *shrug* Had to do it for Unit 1 with the mitosis and everything

ReputationRep:
    Well she explains it so fast and misses out a lot of important information that I might as well teach it all again *shrug* Had to do it for Unit 1 with the mitosis and everything
    Sounds like she doesn't go into enough detail, and doesn't have a great way of teaching. My teacher is lovely, but a bit too lovely. He sidetracks quite a bit and doesn't go into the specifics of the markscheme enough. I'm basically preparing to resit f212 next year, it was really rushed.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she doesn't go into enough detail, and doesn't have a great way of teaching. My teacher is lovely, but a bit too lovely. He sidetracks quite a bit and doesn't go into the specifics of the markscheme enough. I'm basically preparing to resit f212 next year, it was really rushed.
    Yeah, the quality of the biology teachers we have aren't great, really: everyone pretty much complains about the quality of teaching for the science department :/ My other biology teacher however, is amazing and he teaches us the biochemistry part thank god.

And oh no Yeah, F212 is so much to remember. I wonder how people do it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the quality of the biology teachers we have aren't great, really: everyone pretty much complains about the quality of teaching for the science department :/ My other biology teacher however, is amazing and he teaches us the biochemistry part thank god.

And oh no Yeah, F212 is so much to remember. I wonder how people do it
    Then the students can't be blamed! Good luck anyway, I'm trying my best for now but I reckon I'll end up resitting. It's tonnes to remember like you said, but the markschemes are so specific too it's nearly impossible!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone hazard a guess at what mark I would need in F212 considering I got 32/40 for my practical mark, and around 40 for F211 to get a C overall?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone hazard a guess at what mark I would need in F212 considering I got 32/40 for my practical mark, and around 40 for F211 to get a C overall?
    Sure!
    I can sure give it a go..

In respect to UMS...
    F211: Cells, Exchange and Transport - 64UMS.
    F213: Practical Skills in Biology 1 - 34 UMS.

TOTAL: 98 UMS.

So... For a C grade to be awarded, you'll need the bare, bare minimum of:

F212: Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health: 82/150UMS.
    That is a modular grade of a D, with a modular C grade being 90UMS.

You're sorted if you get those marks or MORE!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 17, 2013
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.