Luckily, i'm both.
    And also extremely arrogant?

ReputationRep:
    JJ: Beauty Fades but Dumb is Forever

ReputationRep:
    Really intelligent with average looks would be cool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I bet if you posted this same question somewhere else such as a Gym fourm there would be change of results xD

ReputationRep:
    I'm intelligent and hideous. That **** sucks.
    Beautiful all the way.

ReputationRep:
    Extremely good looking with average intelligence. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    some people are lucky enough to be both.. a girl on my medical degree is also a model
    edit: and definitely not the most attractive by a mile. in fact there are a lot of very attractive and intelligent people i have met through university. I suppose anyone on my course that is also attractive ticks the box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would you rather be extremely intelligent and average looking (not ugly), or extremely good looking with average intelligence (not thick)? I have to admit I would rather be stunning with average intelligence. Mainly because its very rare to see stunning people so you would be but in the minority but being very intelligent is more common (I'm not saying its very common though). Also if you have average intelligence you can still work hard, get a good degree and a good career. You might not be able to do a physics phd but you can still do well in life. Also being good looking is known to help you get jobs, employers are known to subconsciously favour good looking candidates in interviews even in jobs that have nothing to do with image.
    Extremely good looking. Intelligence can be taught you can memorise your notes and do well in an exam. Beauty is a gift, yes there's plastic surgery but that can only enhance...unless it goes wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am ugly and stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    I reckon both are achievable (or pretty much achievable) with hard work. Anyone can exercise, take care of their skin and hair, dress well and (if they're a girl) learn how to do their make-up really well - to use the ratings system, I'd say anyone can become at least an 8/10 if they put the effort in. Similarly, anyone can do their A-levels, go to uni, learn to think for themself and get a top job and be very smart without being some kind of child prodigy. Either way, genetics only get you so far.
    This is just very naive.

It's a universal fact that we are all born with highly variant intellectual capacities. Being 'extremely intelligent' is not something that can be learned.

ReputationRep:
    Without any shadow of a doubt, extremely intelligent and average looking. I'd be able to achieve so much more.

ReputationRep:
    Extremely Intelligent, but a mix of both would be better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millie-rose)
    I'd pick intelligence purely because when you die you leave a legacy behind of achievements and knowledge to inspire to others... You've learnt something from this life, what is the point if it is not to flourish intellectually as a human being...E.G. Isaac Newton etc. etc.

whereas extreme beauty....

You leave behind nothing but an average life filled with vanity.

For me, it is nothing to do with earning money or 'doing well' career wise, it's really your personal achievements in flourishing within society.

Personally, I'd rather be Stephen Fry than Channing Tatum
    Exactly this. I want to do something within my chosen field (maths) that is unique - and high intelligence would help me achieve this.

ReputationRep:
    I thought more people would choose extremely good looking. But then again this is the student forum after all.

ReputationRep:
    An extremely intelligent person wouldn't bother asking such a question because it is a misnomer.

ReputationRep:
    Extremely intelligent. By FAR. I want to be that person achieving that ridiculously complex physics degree or solving world hunger or something a bit less Miss United States. I have huge dreams I want to accomplish, whether I can with my currently very average intelligence, I don't know. The extreme intelligence would certainly help me down that path. Looks, I can pass on, some days I don't even bother getting out of my PJs or brushing my hair.

ReputationRep:
    It might be quite fun to be mind-blowingly intelligent. For a while. I've watched the documentaries on child prodigies and I've always wondered if they might find life a little lonely, given there would be few on the same wavelength.

ReputationRep:
    itd be interesting to see whether the people who would chose looks over brains are very clever already
    id say intelligence, seeing as an intelligent man can still be ripped and have a nice haircut, which would improve the average looks

ReputationRep:
    Extrememly intelligent.

When I'm attracted to someone it's generally because they have an amazing personality and are averagely attractive or better. I like to think that's how other people see things too.

Also being extremely attractive would attract too much unwanted attention. Imagine not being able to go anywhere without being hit on constantly by creepy guys?

ReputationRep:
    I'd want to be good-looking.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.