Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can Raphael Varane become one of the best CB in the world Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

Watch the highlights of the ajax game in 2011-12 season then come back to me in the bit in bold, or wonder why ramos isn't playing the second leg of a non tie vs galatasaray.
    Same thing happend with Alonso both times. Don't hear many calling Alonso hotheaded.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Same thing happend with Alonso both times. Don't hear many calling Alonso hotheaded.....
    Alonso hasn't had things like a 5 match ban for insulting a referee or hold the record for red cards at a single club despite playing around 200 games less than the second placed player.

Ramos is renowned for being ill-disciplined, so I hope that you are just weirdly trying to troll jam :dontknow:

Edit: He averages a red card every ~16 games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Yeah tbf you're right there. Alonso is another walking yellow card but I wouldn't call him a hothead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Alonso hasn't had things like a 5 match ban for insulting a referee or hold the record for red cards at a single club despite playing around 200 games less than the second placed player.

Ramos is renowned for being ill-disciplined, so I hope that you are just weirdly trying to troll jam :dontknow:

Edit: He averages a red card every ~16 games.
    Not trolling at all. I'm not arguing that he makes rash tackles but I just don't get how Ramos can be accussed of been hotheaded.

If Ramos is hotheaded, what would be used to describe someone like Pepe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Not trolling at all. I'm not arguing that he makes rash tackles but I just don't get how Ramos can be accussed of been hotheaded.

If Ramos is hotheaded, what would be used to describe someone like Pepe?
    Just more so :dontknow: How many times has Pepe been sent off for Real Madrid? Just wondering how many games he averages per sending off.

ReputationRep:
    I have no doubt that Varane will be the best CB in the world one day. He's managed to keep Messi, RVP and Drogba relatively quiet. That's some feat for a 19 year old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Just more so :dontknow: How many times has Pepe been sent off for Real Madrid? Just wondering how many games he averages per sending off.
    I don't know but he'll probably have less :ahee: But we all know he's the quintessential hotheaded footballer out there. Well, at least in my books.

Ramos is NOT hot headed. He's rash. Theres a difference. He is ill disciplined in tackles all right, but he doesn't lost his temper like Pepe, Rooney, Barton, etc.

ReputationRep:
    People always talk about Neymar, but they should be talking about Varane.

I remember Zidane raving about him the other season. I just hope Real Madrid don't bench him regularly.

ReputationRep:
    Poor performance yesterday, directly at fault for gala's 2nd and 3rd goal, of course, poor performances are to be expected occasionally at his age but its worth pointing out he's not been an immovable object in every game he's played for madrid, ive no doubt he'll become world class though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.