Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do People Have a Problem with Gay People? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Interchange)
    Also, you disagree with homosexuals raising children as it is unnatural. Yet you indulge in other activities, such as discussions on the internet, which are not natural.

ReputationRep:
    Why is this website obsessed with homosexuality... Oh yeah most people on this site are like 14-20.
    The reason for disliking homosexuality is insecurities and irrational thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuze-mo25)
    Technically she has got a point, primitively speaking the whole point of intercourse is to have kids. Therefore in a sense its not natural.

TBH though as long as am not being force to take part in or watch the acts i don't care much about what anyone else chooses to do in their spare time.
    That's not true, human beings are animals, products of nature, by definition all our behaviour is natural. And homosexuality is found in 450 + species, homophobia is found in 1. That argument that's unnatural has never held any water.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gray Wolf)
    No, what is sad is removing children from their evolutionary developed surroundings.
    I agree 100% and I, too, don't think it's relevant that the modern two parent family structure is a very recent development in human society. That's why all modern homes, communities, and facilities should be demolished, and all of humanity should return to living in nomadic groups of 30-50 people where children are raised collectively by the women, and the men hunt the local wildlife to provide for the group. We should mostly be breeding with our close relatives, with the occasional migration of individuals between different groups maintaining a health level of genetic diversity. On the whole, children should also be at very high risk of dying before puberty because that's the surroundings in which evolution developed us.

We should also immediately stop all scientific research as the development of technology and medicine is not natural, and defies our evolutionary developed immune system and capabilities. If nature had wanted me to be able to spew my ignorant opinions across the world at the speed of light without dying of dysentery at the age of 14 then I wouldn't need to use this unnatural "internet". Alongside this, all knowledge of the facts that homosexual behaviour occurs naturally throughout the animal kingdom should be ignored - as should all knowledge about the diverse arrangements of parenting spread throughout all human cultures at different times.

Also, as sex is only about procreation all forms of contraception are to be banned and infertile people may no longer marry. Additionally, as children can only be raised by one man and one woman despite all evidence to the contrary, all children in single-parent households are to be confiscated by the state until a suitable two-parent heterosexual household can be found.

These are my opinions. They are most certainly not post-hoc rationalisations of my religious- or disgust-based bigotry, and are not at all ill-thought out and inconsistent. If I seem like I have an unusual level of hatred for a group of people who in no way affect me, it's only a projection of the unique type of self-hatred that comes from being on the wrong side of history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HenryD)
    That's not true, human beings are animals, products of nature, by definition all our behaviour is natural. And homosexuality is found in 450 + species, homophobia is found in 1. That argument that's unnatural has never held any water.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you take natural to mean "appears in nature" then by all means it's as naturalas a baby who is borne with four legs, blind and mute.
    Or as natural as someone borne severely mentally handicapped, or a hamster with no limbs.

Natural is not always desirable, or the normal and intended biological result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syrokal)
    If you take natural to mean "appears in nature" then by all means it's as naturalas a baby who is borne with four legs, blind and mute.
    Or as natural as someone borne severely mentally handicapped, or a hamster with no limbs.

Natural is not always desirable, or the normal and intended biological result.
    Of course nature isn't always desirable or right http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalistic_fallacy
    This was just response to those who say homosexuality isn't natural because not is it irrelevant, they're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HenryD)
    Of course nature isn't always desirable or right http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalistic_fallacy
    This was just response to those who say homosexuality isn't natural because not is it irrelevant, they're wrong.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    It's human nature to be scared of what you don't understand and as such people tend to try and bully them into submission more or less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    It's human nature to be scared of what you don't understand and as such people tend to try and bully them into submission more or less.
    What if there is no fear and complete understanding.

Yet still distaste and disgust is held?

ReputationRep:
    What if there is no fear and complete understanding.

Yet still distaste and disgust is held?
    Too many what ifs.

ReputationRep:
    Too many what ifs.
    Yet they are representatives of the views of millions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenRef)
    Title says it all. I simply do not understand the reasoning behind the pure hatred that some people have for the LGBT community. The only bit I understand is that they think that the physical act of having sex with someone of the same sex is a bit ... disturbing? I can sort of get how off-putting that is for someone who is straight.

But, they don't have to engage in that activity, watch it, or talk about it - so then again... Why should they bother? Why do some people completely reject same sex relationships?

I am gay, so maybe I'm being a little biased. But I have the right morals when it comes to equality, across the spectrum, and I don't understand why people feel the need to concern themselves with fuelling hatred. Surely these people know the world would be a better place if everyone was accepting?

Why damage that? What do people think? Why do people think like this? Thanks.
    It's called being homophobic. (Don't mean to sound patronising/arsey in any way).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fie O)
    Fear of the unknown, also they don't want to get asked a gay question and then seem uncool when they don't know the answer and the whole gay community hates them, so they just pretend not to like it.
    (Original post by Bonoahx)
    people are scared of difference,.
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Some people just can't accept people who are different.
    (Original post by 0x2a)
    It's because people are deluded by their fear and ignorance.
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    People mock what they don't understand..
    I'm not homophobic, and I'm an active supporter of gay rights.

HOWEVER, I was born into a right wing working class community full of homophobic people.

You'll hear loads of reasons, but the bottom line really is that they feel disgusted by the thought of two men having anal sex. That's all. This is also why lesbianism is not shunned upon as much.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think people should be made to accept homosexuality....not everyone is going to agree with it, It does not bother me whether someone is gay or straight but anyone who goes on about their sexuality constantly I do not have the time or day for! People shouldnt have to accept it...but they should not discriminate them just because they are gay or bully them etc, keeping your thoughts in your mind is fine....its whether you act on them when it becomes wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenRef)
    In fear of going into a full-blown religious argument, I'm just going to say this. For a God who "regards all people the same" and "loves us all equally", (for I believe this is what Christians think), I don't know how you can say, "Well, actually, homosexuals are wrong".

Contradiction? And seriously... It's one of many.
    Firstly, I'm not Christian. I'm Muslim.
    Secondly, and there are references in the Quran about homosexuality and how it is unacceptable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wardah2)
    Secondly, and there are references in the Quran about homosexuality and how it is unacceptable
    Define "Natural"

EDIT:
    Oh yeah, question;
    Animals are prejudiced against albinos of the same species and often bully them, however, not individuals which practise homosexuality.
    Is this not natural?

I am not promoting violence or bullying of any sort against albino people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wardah2)
    My apologies for presuming your religion, not good from me! However, being an atheist, I do see all religions in the same light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redmoonrabbit)
    Ah, but do you act on this belief, such as discriminating against someone you know to be gay? Or do you just quietly not accept them but not let it affect how you treat them?
    I wouldn't hate someone because they're gay, but I'd openly tell them what I think and I have done so before.

ReputationRep:
    Is because they feeling sorry for all the unborn children increasing every time you doing gay sex instead of darwinian sex.

I.e you would not be alive if your parents were gay

ReputationRep:
    Yet they are representatives of the views of millions.
    Millions also believe that the apostates of their religion should be executed. I don't care for the views of millions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.