Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Deep fried mars bars, what's up with that? watch

ReputationRep:
    The idea just doesn't appeal to me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I don't get it either - deep-fried curly-wurlys taste nicer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    People on this thread need to learn to live a little!
    Eating a fry battered chocolate bar is hardly living on the edge...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to ask if they'll deep fry my kebab tonight.

ReputationRep:
    A chippy by mine does them. Ive never tried one (the thought makes me sick actually) but apprently theyre nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krazie.x)
    I simply do not see any reason why someone would wanna eat that especially in this modern health conscious day so someone enlighten me :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah, we're so health conscious, that's why McDonalds, KFC, Burger King are booming. :rolleyes:

it's quite disgusting, i don't like the taste of the batter mixed with the melted mars bar

ReputationRep:
    I've had one, certainly would not have one again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krazie.x)
    I simply do not see any reason why someone would wanna eat that especially in this modern health conscious day so someone enlighten me :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was in a fish shop last night and they did battered, fried Cadbury's cream eggs.

I now need a Coronary Artery Bypass Graft. Worth it.

ReputationRep:
    omg they are the nicest food I've ever tasted in my whole life, no fish and chip shops nearby sell them though

ReputationRep:
    I had a deep fried cheesecake in Brooklyn. Must say it was actually quite nice and didn't taste too fatty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IsaacJ)
    I love deep fried mars bars :3 But Im Scottish also have a love of deep fried pizzas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You fry pizza?

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    Girl behind the counter said they have them on the menu everywhere else because they're 'dirty chippys', but not they're not (even though they still do it).

Well I can't argue with her from what i've seen The chippy that did them near me was next to my old secondary school, so a lot of it's business came from the kids at lunch and after school. It got shut down a few years ago as it was found to be infested with rats :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I've wanted to try one for ages. I found a pub that does them, but when I tried to order one they had run out. GUTTED.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine the calories! I was in Camden a few days ago and they had deep-fried Oreo's. They're apparently nice though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daemonium)
    Imagine the calories! I was in Camden a few days ago and they had deep-fried Oreo's. They're apparently nice though.
    I saw those in a lot of places when I was in the US, although they had deep fried everything over there.

Not everything deep friend is bad though. I went out for christmas dinner a couple of years ago and had deep fried Brie for my starter, it was incredible.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm really tempted to taste on tbh. Maybe after exams? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    You fry pizza?

:eek:
    theres a thing called pizza crunch that you get up here, its deep fried pizza. I need to try it sometime, everyone says its yummy.

(Original post by daemonium)
    yeah, they're calorific. No harm in having them once in a blue moon though.

ReputationRep:
    The first time I heard of one they were referenced as a "battered" mars bar. I genuinely thought that someone got a hammer a and "battered" it to pieces. When I found out that a battered mars bar was actually a deep fried mars bar, I was so disappointed

Anyways, I really want to try one someday, just for the experience if anything else.

As for the health issue, if you have them in moderation, there should be no health issue. People eat chips, mars bars and other unhealthy things on a daily basis and no one really cares about that being really unhealthy for them.

ReputationRep:
    The only place ive found them are at a chippy in Cornwall. I have to say that they are nice but I wouldnt have one again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Well I can't argue with her from what i've seen The chippy that did them near me was next to my old secondary school, so a lot of it's business came from the kids at lunch and after school. It got shut down a few years ago as it was found to be infested with rats :lol:
    Apparently if you do them all the time the chocolate ends up in the fat and they don't change the fat. If it's only a tiny bit it's probably not gonna end up on your chips/fish but if they're doing it all the time then it will.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.