Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rany345)
    dam , thats crazy , how m4 and m5 compared to m3 . im doing the edexcel spec
    They are harder, but there's less content, so in some ways easier. M5 is quite a bit harder than M4 (although there was one topic in M4 I detested).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    People say that M1 is the hardest ASmodule ... I just don't see how some people find it so hard.. people in my school go on like it's a degree level paper on quantum mechanics
    Our class did S1 for AS then switched to M1 for A2, all of us already having done AS physics. I think all of us would agree that M1 is pretty easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    Surprisingly not, the only maths physics involves is rearranging a fraction.
    I cant tell if you're joking or not..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InternetGangster)
    I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    From experience, I think it helps if you do Physics - I didn't and struggled all year with it despite (apparently) having the best maths teacher at my school.
    However, I did my mock 2 weeks before my June exam and got an E and then ended up with an A in the exam so maybe I was over-complicating it?
    Just work hard at it and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Mathematics I, II, III, IV, V... i.e. I'm not doing A-Levels anymore
    i.e: you're a mathematical genius of sorts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InternetGangster)
    he is not

ReputationRep:
    i.e: you're a mathematical genius of sorts.
    I wish.

ReputationRep:
    the step up to m1 is hard, particularly resolving forces
    however, once you know it well, its very easy
    the main difficulty in exams is making sill mistakes, as a silly mistake early on can cost you around 10 ums on a long part question

ReputationRep:
    I wish.
    Mathematics at Oxford?

I rest my case.

ReputationRep:
    I've found that WJEC give a lot of marks for solving simple kinematic equations. I mean, yes, I find M1 questions tougher than the mechanics questions in Physics papers, but they'll routinely give seven or eight marks for something I'd have thought should give about five.

In general, if you're inclined towards Physics, you'll find mechanics easy. Being able to visualise the situation in your head helps big-time. I hated S1, but plenty would argue that it's easier than M1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrexhamfc)
    I've found that WJEC give a lot of marks for solving simple kinematic equations. I mean, yes, I find M1 questions tougher than the mechanics questions in Physics papers, but they'll routinely give seven or eight marks for something I'd have thought should give about five.

In general, if you're inclined towards Physics, you'll find mechanics easy. Being able to visualise the situation in your head helps big-time. I hated S1, but plenty would argue that it's easier than M1.
    Did you do Jan2013 M1?

Absolute ***** compared to all the rest... no easy marks on v/t graphs or kinematics... I thought anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Did you do Jan2013 M1?

Absolute ***** compared to all the rest... no easy marks on v/t graphs or kinematics... I thought anyway.
    Nah, we're doing it in the summer. I just hope that no questions pop up that ask at what time/height two particles collide or anything like that. I can never get my head around those.

ReputationRep:
    M1 is easier than S1 in my opinion, I got a B in S1 and 96 in M1.
    Physics mechanics is much easier than M1. They give you the equations in a list, it's so easy to pick out the information you need.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, we're doing it in the summer. I just hope that no questions pop up that ask at what time/height two particles collide or anything like that. I can never get my head around those.
    That's just equating two equations and solving for a particular variable.

Usually involves s= ut + 1/2 at2

ReputationRep:
    You're lucky, when you do it as a practise paper you'll see, I lose 10 raw marks in it.

You know the typical connected pulleys on a horizontal plane? They had that but the one that isn't hanging pulling the other up and everything.

No, there were however other harder ones, but none of those!

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed it during my A levels, wasn't extremely challenging... seems so long ago now lol :moon: Had an amazing teacher though.

ReputationRep:
    That's just equating two equations and solving for a particular variable.

Usually involves s= ut + 1/2 at2
    I know that, it's just that I sometimes confuse myself as to where all the numbers are coming from and the like. It's the type of question that is more mathematical than physical, which I'm not too keen on

ReputationRep:
    aw i see i find m1 easier than c1...it just requires logic
    Interesting :P I still find M1 harder, lost 2 marks on c1, not sure about m1 yet, but its probably because I have more exams than I did in jan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    I really enjoyed it during my A levels, wasn't extremely challenging... seems so long ago now lol :moon: Had an amazing teacher though.
    I don't have a teacher.. self teaching all Alevel Maths

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.