Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7589200)
    My dad seems to like the shape. And we're Indian. Indians are really keen on SPAAACEEEEE

as you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6h0lkq-Sno
    Up top, brother from another mother! :beer:

[EDIT] Yeah the avant looks really nice! So do the new BMW 5 series estates but I don't really trust BMW - when any Tom, **** and Harry with a laptop and USB cable can drive off in one...http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006...eft-technology - my area had a bit of a BMW crisis as they've been disappearing off driveways frequently and BMW premiums soared for my postcode, so we're pretty sceptical about buying one ourselves. Audi, Mercedes or Jaguar/Land Rover seem like better bets for an estate/4x4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7589200)
    My dad seems to like the shape. And we're Indian. Indians are really keen on SPAAACEEEEE

as you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6h0lkq-Sno
    Haha yep. I'm Indian too I know how you feel dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss_s95)
    Up top, brother from another mother! :beer:

[EDIT] Yeah the avant looks really nice! So do the new BMW 5 series estates but I don't really trust BMW - when any Tom, **** and Harry with a laptop and USB cable can drive off in one...http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006...eft-technology - my area had a bit of a BMW crisis as they've been disappearing off driveways frequently and BMW premiums soared for my postcode, so we're pretty sceptical about buying one ourselves. Audi, Mercedes or Jaguar/Land Rover seem like better bets for an estate/4x4.
    lol my mum has a bmw, ill send her that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I expect you'll be told to bugger off and buy the cheaper one if you said that.
    When I was selling a mini some years ago I actually said to the punter when we were doing a deal and he was being difficult about coming up to what I wanted to sell at "Are you prepared to walk away for £100?".

He wasn't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    "Are you prepared to walk away for £100?".
    It surprises me how the sort of people that walk for the sake of £100 don't see that they're really shooting themselves in the foot. By the time you factor in the fuel/train tickets/loss of earnings/wasted time etc associated with going to view a few more cars they won't have made a saving by going elsewhere.

We once had 5 blokes all come down together to view this taxi, and they turned it down over £200, all piled back into their car and drove back to Birmingham (a 300 mile round trip :rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JO53PHS)
    It surprises me how the sort of people that walk for the sake of £100 don't see that they're really shooting themselves in the foot. By the time you factor in the fuel/train tickets/loss of earnings/wasted time etc associated with going to view a few more cars they won't have made a saving by going elsewhere.

We once had 5 blokes all come down together to view this taxi, and they turned it down over £200, all piled back into their car and drove back to Birmingham (a 300 mile round trip :rolleyes:)
    now I see where your whole slant on this issue comes from lolol

you're on the other side!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm from the dark side

So did they take your £23,250 offer?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Things you need to consider before buying a used car is brand name first of all. Check the certificate and all the documents of the car of registration, service, tax, and insurance as well. Take a test drive of the car and don't be reluctant for that. check the speed on highways and acceleration. Check the model year of the car. Fixes and accidents of the car. The advantage of buying a used car is that you get almost 70 per cent of the total value of a brand new car. Second hand sedans come at the price of a brand new hatchback. Which is not a bad deal at all. I bought Mahindra Logan as my second hand car by checking all its papers and after taking a test drive, when I was fully satisfied with the car then I purchase it from owner.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.