Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Didn't do as well as you'd hoped? Advice here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    How do I find out the marks I got for Edexcel maths exams I took? It says I got 52 points which is an A but doesn't mention my mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlommm)
    How do I find out the marks I got for Edexcel maths exams I took? It says I got 52 points which is an A but doesn't mention my mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you need to contact your teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by RichardAdd)
    Hi Like many people today I got my GCSE English Result. I got an E which I was surprised at ! In the exam I got 68 marks out of 80 this is a B +, In the English Language Unit 3 I got 48 marks this is a B. English Unit 3 was the worst as I failed Should my final grade me an E Thanks in Advance !
    Are you sure you're not getting confused between UMS and raw marks? Have a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/MS (I know it's for A-Level, but lots of it is still relevant to GCSE).

(Original post by eddie1221)
    I was 1 UMS off an A* in physics and 1 UMS off an A in IT. Worth sending both off for remarking?

Also was 3 UMS off an A in history, is it worth trying with this or not?
    Sciences are usually quite accurately marked, so it's rare for them to change. Speak to your teacher though, they may be able to provide the best advice. I don't know much about IT though, I'm afraid.

There's a greater chance of your mark for history changing but again as the marking is subjective. I think it'd be better to get your history paper remarked but again, speak to your teacher.

ReputationRep:
    Need Help!!

So basically, I retook my Physics ISA because I had 70 UMS. When I retook it I got 100 UMS, but on my examination sheet, it still says my old grade.

This is frustrating as if my new ISA was sent in, I would've achieved A* overall, now I only have an A.

Who should I contact/complain to?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply no these are the scores I got ! I had a loot it was interesting !

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone I'm looking for some advice regarding remarking I took AQA English Lit and I got 159 ums and you need 160 marks to get an A so I was gutted and I was wondering Is it worth the remark has anyone else got a good history with it?
    Here is what I got for the individual parts

Code Title Marks Grade
    47101H English Lit Unit 1H 69 A
    47102H English Lit Unit 2H 50 B
    47103 English Lit Unit 3 37 B

Thanks for any help guys
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by RichardAdd)
    Thanks for the reply no these are the scores I got ! I had a loot it was interesting !
    Yeah, the scores you got are your UMS marks. UMS boundaries are different from raw mark boundaries.

(Original post by iJoemo)
    Hello everyone I'm looking for some advice regarding remarking I took AQA English Lit and I got 159 ums and you need 160 marks to get an A so I was gutted and I was wondering Is it worth the remark has anyone else got a good history with it?
    Here is what I got for the individual parts

Code Title Marks Grade
    47101H English Lit Unit 1H 69 A
    47102H English Lit Unit 2H 50 B
    47103 English Lit Unit 3 37 B

Thanks for any help guys
    I think it'd be worth a remark here :yep: It's unlikely your mark will go low enough for your grade to drop and English is subjectively marked too, meaning your mark could well go up.

I suggest asking your teacher which paper would be best to remark.

ReputationRep:
    Right, got my english language results. I wantex an A and got a B. At 220 ums. Is it possible to retake modules/the controlled assessments then the exam?

ReputationRep:
    how does one know if a GCSE has been cashed in or not?

ReputationRep:
    Hey if anyone could share their options on this then it would be very much appreciated.
    Basically I was 1 UMS of getting an A in citizenship and it was my only B grade. (I got 9A*s, 3As, 1B) So I was just wondering is it worth getting it remarked just for that A? Also it's somewhat of a subjective subject so do you think that I may get that A?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    It's more something you need to speak to your school about. If they're very strict on their requirements, then you may have to look into alternative colleges where you can go to do your A Levels.
    Thanks. I need some advice (I don't know if this is the right thread for it), However as it's probably too late for applying too colleges, Could I pick out of the 3 options ICT Cambridge level two (or whatever it's called) and Applied Business. In addition pick one of maths or English to retake, after which I could get into some subjects (if you know what I'm talking about)... Is that manageable?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    hi i just wanted to ask if I got 2a* in physics would there still be chance that i can get an overall grade a* if my controlled assessment had a grade of D?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Random thoughts)
    Thanks. I need some advice (I don't know if this is the right thread for it), However as it's probably too late for applying too colleges, Could I pick out of the 3 options ICT Cambridge level two (or whatever it's called) and Applied Business. In addition pick one of maths or English to retake, after which I could get into some subjects (if you know what I'm talking about)... Is that manageable?

Thanks.
    I'm not following, sorry Hopefully someone more in the know can answer. :erm:

But some colleges might still be recruiting today and in the very near future since it's results day.. have a look around and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I still don't know what this means !

ReputationRep:
    I was unfortunately 6 marks off an A in English Language, is there any way I could rectify this or make up for this? I got an A in Literature and a B in Language, it would be that way wouldn't it?.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    At least you found the answer in the end, instead of not knowing at all
    I guess.

Although I've got another question now.

With all of Gove's changes, can I still resit a module next year if I wanted to?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I was wondering if I could get my history coursework remarked (edexcel) and also do you think it would be worth remarking my PE theory exam (edexcel) I was 4-5 marks off from my desired grade
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    I guess.

Although I've got another question now.

With all of Gove's changes, can I still resit a module next year if I wanted to?
    As far as I know, yep. Although there will be no January exams.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got 179 in OCR history and I need 180 for an A*. Do you think that it is worth a remark?

ReputationRep:
    I was 1 UMS off an A* in English Lit. Is it worth sending off one of the papers for a remark?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.