Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am predicting A*A*A*AAA*AACMeritBBB.
    My teachers predicted me to get A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*ADistABB :/ After all these exams I don't think that's going to happen now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying not to think about it, because I know what the teachers are predicting (A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAA), and I know what I want, which is more than that, but it's all down to how nice the English Language and Lit examiners are, whether my German coursework stays the same (because the Reading and Listening exams were pretty good) and whether or not I didn't drop a lot of marks in the RS exams :s

This is going to be a looooong summer of worrying.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    It's going to be a terrifying experience! I don't know how to react when I get the results (sounds stupid but if I do bad I will be annoyed because of how much effort I put in, but if I do good I won't want to jump around in excitement whilst at school.) Maybe I'll take them home, but I don't know, I'll see how I feel on the day.

I would like/predict: A* A* A* A A A A A A B B

I don't particularly want the B's, but they are in my worst subjects (Music and Drama) and it's what I expect. I really hated music as did the whole class - the teacher was awful and the whole department was so disorganized about everything. It ruined everyone's love for playing their instruments. And Drama, although I enjoyed it, I was never the best and apparently the examiners are usually harsh when marking so we'll have to see how I do.

I'm also scared about Spanish and French which I want A*'s in - although I thought the listening and reading went quite well, I'm scared my coursework will go down if the teachers over-marked it. I trust my Spanish teacher more in her marking, but I'm not sure about French if my teacher was too generous. It also happens my French one is being sent for moderation which isn't a nice thought. Hopefully the exam board will feel ok...

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought I'd open my results at school, at 10am but now I'm not sure.
    I know all the teachers are expecting my grades to be the best (my school's not that great) and everyone, i.e. My friends, EXPECT me to do well & get multiple A*s. Opening them at school means everyone will see my reactions and
    I'm no good at hiding my emotions
    -_-
    What to do.. What to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    I just want it to be over with. It's just the most terrifying experience ever, especially since we've put so much work into it. The fact that everyone's going to be asking everyone else what they got (when they're not actually interested, they just want an excuse to say "That's nice, I got 10A*s") just adds to the pressure. Also the results forms themselves can be cryptic and it's very easy to misread things under the pressure and get excited/upset about something that isn't actually there.
    Exactly! I feel like my friends all compare their grades with me, one in particular. So I tried to get into a habit of saying that I don't need to tell anyone, and it's personal and not a big deal. But she made a massive deal saying that I obviously care about my grades too much etc. etc.

When in all honesty I just want to be happy/unhappy with what I get and not have her asking me what I got and comparing our UMS grades!

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably going to grab my envelope and find a quiet spot outside of the common room where I can open them alone - even if I do get good results I think I'm going to need a few minutes by myself just to register what I've got.

ReputationRep:
    guys what happens on track on results day? if you get in what comes up? i know you get 'unsucessful' if you haven't...

*oops this is GCSE sorry. Good luck guys!*

ReputationRep:
    I used to be what I thought was a clever person. But from Sept 2012 onwards, I definitely proved myself wrong. Then of course, the actual exams were the real nails in the coffin. I was expecting most A*s/rest As/1B but I've screwed up way too many exams.

I'm lucky if I now get 4A*/4A/2Bs. (Ideal would be 6A*/3A/1B. But that's not going to happen. )

Time to busy myself by going to that stationery thread now, I guess, for Sixth Form!

ReputationRep:
    i know my gcse results are not going to be great mainly bs and cs and my parents think that am goona get like 10A*s. i feel so tensed that am going to upest my paents i was thing that i would lie to them and tell them that i got like 8 A*.
    should i do it
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Oops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    I'd like to draw everyone's attention to this very good message in the original post.
    I wouldn't class any of them as comparing results! People are only suggesting how they think their results will compare to THEIR OWN predited grades.....

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone, I remember this day very well :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone, remember even if you get disappointed by results, try your hardest to not let these dictate your future path, you have to remain resilient, but eventually despite a B grade seeming like the end of the world for some of you, at alevel you can definitely bring it up by working hard. Remember GCSEs aren't the real test of intelligence or a persons ability, some are challenging yes but not everything rides on them remember, a-level results matter far more for university placements.

And don't ever let your teachers say you can't do something, if you want to do it just do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Good luck everyone, remember even if you get disappointed by results, try your hardest to not let these dictate your future path, you have to remain resilient, but eventually despite a B grade seeming like the end of the world for some of you, at alevel you can definitely bring it up by working hard. Remember GCSEs aren't the real test of intelligence or a persons ability, some are challenging yes but not everything rides on them remember, a-level results matter far more for university placements.

And don't ever let your teachers say you can't do something, if you want to do it just do it
    So inspirational!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    So inspirational!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! Good that you added it it to the OP so everyone can see it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Thanks! Good that you added it it to the OP so everyone can see it now
    Woo, your famous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Woo, your famous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys, I wish I had known this site when I was doing my GCSEs!

ReputationRep:
    I wondered this last year and I suppose it's a silly question, but does everyone nationwide go in at the same time to collect their results or is it really just whenever on 22nd August?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone! Getting my AS results on august too, dreading my life for it!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.